Ch. 47 – Encountering the Skrulls
287 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~30 minutes earlier~

"Sir, we're gonna need you to talk. According to our investigation, the footage of the cameras here were all deleted at the exact time and day. But according to the nearby witnesses you were here last night, aren't you?" 

Inside a dark lit room, the fat security guard was sitting on the chair while Agent Fury was asking questions in front of him.

"I-I don't know what you are talking about, dude. Are you the FBI or something?" The security officer nervously stuttered which made Agent Fury confirm that he's lying to him.

"...Give him a shock." Agent Fury said as Coulson stepped forward with sharp tools on his hand.

Seeing this, the security man's eyes widened in fear and he immediately gave in.

"W-w-w-wait! I-I'll talk, please!" Snot and tears dripped out of the man's face as Agent Fury smirked and leaned forward.

"Start talking."

***

~Present~

"What can I do for the both of you?" Doflamingo was sitting behind his desk as he rubbed his temples with a sigh.

In front of him are none other than Nick Fury who was staring at him and Coulson who smiled and waved his hand at him.

"We 'asked' around the Blockbuster store area and according to a witness, a woman fell from the sky and you encountered her. We also heard that she went to an alley with you, did I miss anything?" Agent Fury stated as Doflamingo chuckled.

"I didn't do anything wrong, officer. I'm white!" Doflamingo joked, earning a glare from Fury.

"You think that's funny? You sound racist."

"Jeez, you can't even take a joke." Doflamingo pouted and said before continuing.

"Anyways, yes, she came with me. Is there anything wrong with that?" Doflamingo tilted his head and asked.

"I wanna see this woman." Agent Fury said.

"How about no?" Doflamingo said and just in time for him to refuse, Vers went inside the office without knocking.

"I need the location of someone named Lawson. Wait? Who are these guys." Vers stopped in her tracks when she realized that Doflamingo wasn't the only person in the room.

"Is it her?" Agent Fury asked as he walked towards Vers.

"Stop. Who are you?" Vers's left hand glowed in light and she pointed it at Fury who stared at her fist in shock and stopped in his tracks.

Although Fury doesn't know why her hand suddenly started glowing, but he has an onimous feeling that if he didn't stop then he'll die.

"Excuse me, miss. You must be the lady blowing through the roof of the Blockbuster store." Agent Fury said making Vers tilt her head in confusion.

"Is something wrong with it? Do I have to pay with credits?" Vers started fiddling with her wrist comm.

"Although I don't what credits are but you don't have to worry about paying, Shield already got that. Oh, I haven't introduced myself yet, my name is Nicholas Fury, you can call me Agent Fury. I just you need to come with us so we could ask you a few questions." Agent Fury started rambling and introduced himself at the same time.

Hearing that she needed to come with him, Vers tilted her body and looked at Doflamingo who was sitting on his chair.

Doflamingo, who saw her stare, smiled wryly and stood up.

"I'm afraid she can't go with you. As you can see, she- we are on a secret mission. Unless you know someone named Lawson, she can't come with you." Agent Fury turned around to face him as he said that, however, because Doflamingo got taller, he has to look up to him which amuses Doflamingo.

"There are thousands, if not, probably millions of Lawson around the world, are you sure this is a mission?" Agent Fury said.

Suddenly, Doflamingo sensed unusual lifeforms inside the Amusement Park and is walking towards the building where his office is located.

"I'm afraid I have to cut this conversation short. We have special guests." As soon as Doflamingo said that, he suddenly sensed one of them holding some kind of weapon and pointed it at his office.

"Shit." Just when Fury was confused about these special guests, they suddenly heard him curse and before they knew it, the wall was blasted open by some kind of purple energy.

"Skrulls!" Vers's eyes widened and she immediately grabbed Fury and threw him behind the couch before running out of the hole and chased after the Skrull.

"I should have enchanted my office." Doflamingo muttered as he saw Vers run off to chase the Skrull.

"Oh no, I can't let you cause some commotion to my Park." Doflamingo said as he sped up to chase after them.

***

The Skrull kept changing form and is now an old woman that he saw from one of the rides.

As he was trying to blend in with the crowd, he was faced with a very tall man with blonde hair, smiling at him.

The Skrull smiled back at him and was about to leave when he saw that Vers was now running towards him. However, before he could run away, he was suddenly faced with what seems to be a broken space.

Meanwhile, Doflamingo's other clones also found the other Skrulls and brought them to thr Mirror Dimension.

Vers stopped in her tracks when she saw that Doflamingo disappeared alongside the Skrulls, she was confused as a portal suddenly opened behind her and grabbed her inside before closing.

Fortunately, the crowd was too focused on enjoying the Park that they didn't notice what just happened.

***

When Vers opened her eyes, she saw that she was in the same place but the people around her just passed through her as if she's some kind of ghost.

"What's going on?" When Vers looked around, she saw that the Skrulls, in their true form was staring menacingly at her.

Vers was about to launch at them when Doflamingo appeared in front of her and stopped her.

"Now, Now. How about we talk about this first. Violence is not the key to everything."

"What do you mean talk? They're Skrulls! All of them are terrorists!" Vers yelled in exasperation as she tried to bypass Doflamingo and beat the shit out of the Skrulls, but why would Doflamingo let her do that?

Just when Vers started running towards them, she suddenly noticed that instead of coming near them, she was stuck running like some kind of treadmill.

And before she knew it, the floor where she's stepping on started going backwards until she was back to Doflamingo.

"What did you do?" Vers confusingly glared at him.

"If you want a fight, then you're free to fight me." Doflamingo looked down at her as he said that.

Vers gulped as she started thinking on whether she should continue or not.

With a sigh, she finally gave up and said.

"Fine. But just because we're talking doesn't mean that I will agree to whatever they say, I'm not that easy to brainwash." Vers snapped a glare towards Talos and his fellow Skrulls.

'Talking about brainwashing.' Doflamingo thought to himself as he chuckled at Vers's words.

"Is there anything funny,?" Vers asked as she just heard his chuckle.

"Nothing, nothing. Anyways, let's all sit down peacefully and resolve this matter in the most peaceful way." Doflamingo waved his hand as the floor and the nearby buildings started folding itself and formed 6 simple chairs in a circular position, facing each other.

"C'mon, take a sit." Doflamingo was the first one to sit before gesturing them to sit also.

Vers did as he told and sat next to him, her eyes not leaving the Skrulls.

Talos was the first one among the Skrulls to sit and was followed by his men.

"Alright, then. Let's start talking."

***

"Look, we have seen your memories, and there we saw the light speed engine that we needed." Talos explained.

"I don't know what you're talking about. What is this Light Speed Engine?" Vers was confused.

"So, we would be able to travel to places where there are no jump points, and thus become out of reach of the Kree Empire." As he explained, he earned an angry growl from Vers.

"You know that you are terrorists who terrorize planets and threatens to conquer them! And now you want my help to escape from your sins?"

"Lady, you have been brainwashed by the Kree Empire. We, Skrulls have no intention of conquering planets. Our home was destroyed by the Kree Empire, we just wanted a new home where the Kree Empire won't reach" Talos refuted.

Seeing that the conversation are just making their relationships worse, Doflamingo decided to take matters to his own hands.

"Alright, we're going nowhere. We need to get her past memories first before we could proceed with the mission." Doflamingo said, making Vers confused by what he said.

"What do you mean by that? Is it related to my dreams? And those memories that they extracted from me that I don't remember?" Vers asked question repeatedly.

"Talos is right, you are brainwashed by the Kree Empire. And now, we're going to prove that." Doflamingo said as he opened a portal in front of him but before he step out he turned around and said to them.

"And no more fighting." As soon as he said that, a familiar pressure dawned upon Vers making her kneel once again, the same also goes to Talos and his men. Some of his men even passed out.

***

Back to his office, Agent Fury and Coulson sat on the couch as they waited for Doflamingo and Vers to come back.

The door was suddenly opened making Fury and Coulson to turn their heads at the door and when they saw Doflamingo and Vers coming in, they sighed in relief, however it was cut short when 4 weird green headed creatures suddenly entered.

"Woah, what are those guys?" Seeing an unknown creature, Agent Fury unholstered his gun and pointed it at the Skrulls.

Seeing this, the Skrulls also got in a stance as they readied theirselves in battle.

"Stop." Doflamingo said as he flicked his hand, making the gun fell out of his hand.

"What was that?" Agent Fury was confused as he tried to pick up his gun however, as he did so, his gun suddenly started moving on its own as if a string was attached to it.

"What the hell is going on?" Fury tried to chase after his gun but Doflamingo had enough, so he threw the gun out of the window.

"Sit down, Fury. After this, I'll talk to Shield. I thought I already told them not to meddle in my life." Doflamingo casted a glare at him as he said so.

5 minutes later, everyone finally sat on the couch while Fury and Coulson stared at Vers and the Skrulls in disbelief. They were just recently informed about the Skrulls and such. At first, they thought that they're lying but when Talos and his men suddenly started changing forms and turned to Fury and Coulson, they now believed that they're aliens.

"Anyways, now that's done. Let me call a fellow friend of mine, I already asked her to hack into the government to get some information." Doflamingo said and just in time for Matilda to walk in with her laptop.

"Hey dad." Matilda waved her hand at him as the smile on Coulson's face faded away.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were studying in college? Are you skipping class?" Coulson asked her as Matilda sighed.

"It's a long story dad. In short, you can say that I'm now Doffy's assistant in literally everything, including managing Dressrosa." Matilda was tempted to tell him about her being a superhero but she remembers Doflamingo telling her not to reveal her superhero persona.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

10