Ch. 54 – Momentum, New York’s Superhero
273 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Momentum!" Inside a dark alley, a woman with torn clothes yelled very loud, which made the two men in front of her chuckle.

"Kekeke, Momentum only operates at night. So, daytime is free for us to do whatever we want!" The man told her as the despair on her eyes deepened as she knew that what the man just said is right.

"You sure know your ways, huh?" A voice sounded behind them.

"Of course, I'm smart after al-." The man was about to reply to what the voice said when he stopped and realized that the voice seems familiar, the same goes to his other companion. Both of them immediately turned around and when they saw a very familiar face, their faces turned white, as if they just saw a ghost.

"I-I-Is that M-Momentum?!" The man stuttered in fear as he pointed his finger at Matilda and uttered her superhero name in fear.

"Always has been." Matilda said before pushing her hand forward.

Before the two men could react, they suddenly felt an unstoppable force lifting them from the ground, and kept floating until they reached atleast 30 feet off from the ground.

During that time, the both of them kept squealing like some little girls and their squeals attracted the attention of those nearby and seeing Momentum saving the day once again and surprisingly, she did it in daylight, as she was known to be operating only during the nighttime.

"Look, it's Momentum!" The civilians brought out their cameras and started taking pictures of the scene.

"P-please, help us!" A frightened man tried to ask for help as he has unfortunately a fear on heights, which made Momentum his greatest nightmare. However, his cry for help was only met with mocking laughs and disgust comments towards them.

"Tsk! They even had the guts to ask for help! After what they tried to do." When the civilians saw a woman covering her body parts because of her torn clothes, they already made guessed that these two men just tried to rape a woman.

"Surrender now, or else..." Matilda smiled proudly as she started waving her arms like a snake, which made the two guys in the air move around, which aroused great fear from them.

"W-we surrender!!" They both yelled in unison, which made Matilda smile and dropped the two of them back on the ground, roughly.

However, they suddenly started screaming in pain as the civilians stared at them in confusion, they saw that although Matilda roughly dropped them on the ground, it's not that hard to the extent that it would break their bones. Which made an impression to them that the two guys are probably weak if they can't handle such thing.

Meanwhile, hidden behind her mask, Matilda's eyes was full of coldness. In fact, what she just did is to grip their legs tightly and crushed them to the point where they'll never be able to walk again.

If the previous Matilda were in the same position, she would definitely not do such a thing, however as she patrolled the New York City and saved many innocents from crimes, there are times where she failed and was too late. One time, she saw that a man was already finished raping an innocent minor and was about to zip his pants and ran away. When Matilda encountered this, she was full of rage and ripped the man's entire genitals off his crotch. Since then, Matilda has never once, showed mercy to them anymore, especially rapists.

"Momentum! Momentum, we have a few questions here about your current doings. Do you think you have the rights to break the law and do things that you shouldn't do like punishing criminals when it is supposed to be the police's job?" A woman reporter immediately pushed everyone in front of her until she finally arrived in front of Matilda and asked her a question.

Hearing her question, Matilda knew that this woman is probably a reporter from The Daily Bugle, a news station that is so against her, as Momentum.

They're literally doing everything they could just to bring her reputation down and bring her to justice for breaking laws.

"Where's the police?" Matilda asked the reporter.

"W-what? I don't know. But they should be on their way by now." The reporter looked around to find a police but seeing nothing, she tried to reply to Matilda's question but failed.

"Tell me, do you think the police would know that someone here is about to be raped if it wasn't for my intervention?" Matilda asked another question.

"No. But, I still think that you don't have the rights to take matters into your own hands, we have the law protecting us." The reporter tried to reason with her.

"Where is it? Where's the law? I can't see shit." Matilda mockingly looked around, searching for the so called law.

"You know, if someday you're placed in the same situation as that woman over there. I won't be there to save you, instead I would wait for the 'police' to arrive to save your ass. And I don't care what happens to you nor will I intervene. Goodbye." Matilda said to her for the last time before floating up and left in a steady but quick manner, leaving a shocked reporter who felt like she just lost something and she would regret it for life.

***

"Instead of being grateful, they're talking shit about me instead." Matilda said to herself as she flew higher than the clouds, so no one would see her, she then took out a small looking phone, however there are some obvious modifications to it, which shows that Matilda modified this small phone.

As a matter of fact, she did. She has long known about the satellites and such, so with her intellect and Tony's help, she managed to create a satellite phone with a few modification to it.

For example, she could erase a certain time frame in the satellite so she won't have any problems going home, as long as she's above the clouds and the people below won't see a shadow of her.

To be honest, she's kinda nervous about this as this would be the first time she did this in daylight, as it is far more easier during nighttime as he won't have to worry about people seeing her in the sky, since it is very dark and she could change the color of her suit, thanks to Doffy.

"I heard he's getting me a pet lately. I hope it's a good one." Matilda muttered as she finally arrived at their secret warehouse.

Thanks to Doffy's magic and her telekinetic powers, not to mention, Richard Parker's help with the designing, as he has a little bit of experience on that field. Their secret warehouse can now be called a secret base as the previously abandoned warehouse was now transformed into a high tech facility full of advanced technology gadgets and such. Though, it's not really that advanced, it's just more ahead than the current technology.

As soon as she landed in the rooftop, she walked towards the door that leads inside before going through a few biometrics like fingerprint, eye scanner and a password.

[Access Granted. Welcome back, Matilda J. Honey.] The screen attached to the wall beside her displayed a set of words.

As Matilda walked inside the secret base. Underneath the base, a huge space can be found that could definitely fit atleast two football stadiums.

Suddenly, a very huge portal, bigger than a mountain, opened slowly, due to how large it was, it took a few seconds to conjure and to stabilize it.

As the huge portal was facing downwards, a huge spaceship suddenly fell through and was about to land on the ground, roughly 

However, before it could land, a large cushion made of Doflamingo's strings suddenly conjures as it cushioned the fall of the spaceship, slightly. Saving it from scratched and damages.

"Damn! I didn't expect Earth's gravity to work that well with portals." Howard stretched his back a little as he looked outside the windows and saw that they are in an unfamiliar space, surrounded by metal structures.

"So, don't tell me we're inside a metal dome. Cause it definitely looks so large, probably a 130,000 square feet?" Howard observed as Doflamingo lead him outside the spaceship and landed on the cement ground.

"This is where we'll be doing our research. You don't worry about transportation, I could take care of that. Just make sure Tony tags along tomorrow." Doflamingo said before reminding him.

"Alright, alright. I could start now right?" Howard's question is more like a beg, so Doflamingo nodded his head in agreement.

"Just make sure you won't be reckless and accidentally activate self destruct or some shit." Doflamingo warned him as Howard nodded his head without leaving his eyes from the spaceship.

"Oh, by the way. I'm gonna need my tools." Howard remembered and smiled sheepishly towards Doflamingo, making him sigh.

'Since when did I became a transporter?' Doflamingo rolled his eyes but still complied and opened a portal to Howard's workshop.

After Howard went in, it took him half an hour before he finally brought out all if his tools in.

"Hehehe. Alien Spaceship, here I come!" Howard rubbed his hands together as he eyed the spaceship like it's some kind of sweet candy.

If Doflamingo didn't know what his purpose is, he'd thought that Howard is a weird pervert that lusts after a spaceship.

'I should probably go and visit Carol, because of me, she didn't managed to showcase her power.' Doflamingo said to himself and after saying his farewell to Howard and that he'd come back to pick him up, he finally opened a portal back to Maria's house where he sensed Carol, Maria, Fury, Coulson, Talos and his Skrull clan.

He also saw Lawson's spaceship by the side of the house.

'Oh, right. I forgot to take Goose with me. I hope she won't mind. I should probably fetch her now.'

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

9