Ch. 130 – Animal Whisperer
201 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking out of the hole that he went into, Doflamingo was met with Phastos's worried face which immediately turned into relief once he saw him.

"Oh, thank God, I thought something had happened to you. It took you an hour to get out after getting in." Phastos said.

'One hour huh? I thought it would have taken longer considering that I'm absorbing a celestial.' Doflamingo said while shaking his head in disappointment. He thought that power ups would usually take longer since that's what happens in the movies whenever the main character is about to go and power up.

Sometimes, it even takes 5 episodes before the character could even finish his power up as the episodes would show the main character's past and his ideals, goals and such.

"My purpose here is done. Make sure you get back to work by tomorrow, Phastos." Doflamingo patted Phastos's shoulder before opening a portal and stepped inside.

"O-okay." Although Phastos was weirded out at the approach, he still nodded his head nonetheless.

***

Back in his room, Doflamingo suddenly plopped down on his bed and he couldn't help but wonder to himself.

"Weird, although my body is full of energy, why do I still feel sleepy?"

[Hibernation can make the body's adaptation to the cosmic energy much faster.]

"I see. Too bad Hela is on the other side training the ninjas, I don't have someone to cuddle with." Doflamingo muttered with his closed eyes.

"Fortunately for you, you have me." Hearing a sudden voice, Doflamingo's senses immediately flared up and he opened his eyes to see who dared to come to his room.

"Wh-! Garfield?!" Doflamingo uttered the name that he hasn't uttered for years in shock.

"It is I." Garfield raised his head high and said.

"How are you, friend?" Doflamingo immediately jumped out of the bed and gave his friend a deep hug.

"Well, I got tired in the zoo, so I asked Matilda to fake my death by making me die due to old age and it worked! I can't believe those people fell for my act! I guess I deserve an Oscar for that." Garfield then looked up at the sky as if reminiscing what happened that day.

***

(Flashback)

"roar~!" Muttering a weak roar, Garfield first stumbled across the ground like a drunk person before shouting another roar.

"Roarr!"

"Oh my god, he's dying! Call 911!" A blonde haired teen yelled in panic as a boy responded to her as he picked up his phone.

"What's the number?" He asked, making everyone around to turn their eyes on him.

"Really? What's the number?" A man said, he was speechless that such an idiot actually exists in this universe.

[A/N: There's one specific word that I purposely didn't write, and you guys know why.]

"Fuck it, I'll help Garfield!" An old man wearing a flat cap said while trying to open the glass door.

"Don't move, old man. Let this stud handle it." A man wearing a floral shirt with a funny expression said while winking at the girls nearby.

"He looks familiar." The old man muttered while staring at the young guy's face.

"He's Ace Ventura!" A little kid pointed at him and said, making Ace Ventura respond.

"One and only. Now, step aside and let the experts handle this." Ace then flashily jumped off the railings as the crowd gasped in shock.

Landing on the ground, Ace patted his shirt before tip-toeing towards Garfield.

'What's with this dude?' Garfield wondered as he 'weakly' plopped down on the ground.

"All righty then, big cat! Looks like you're in quite a pickle. Fear not, for Ace Ventura is here to save the day! Now, let's see what's going on with this majestic creature." Ace energetically said while crouching and trying to feel Garfield's pulse.

"Don't worry, my furry friend, I'll do everything I can to get you back on your paws. Time to unleash my animal instincts and work some magic! Alrighty, let's get to it!" Cracking his neck and knuckles, Ace Ventura wiggled his fingers in a weird way that made Garfield yell at him.

"Get your hands off me, you filthy human!" Although Garfield spoke, he knew that whenever he spoke, the humans would only hear a roar from him.

However, Ace's reaction differs from the others.

"....The Lion spoke." Ace gasped and muttered in shock.

It took him a moment before standing up and turning around, facing the crowd once more.

"Ladies and gentlemen, hold onto your hats and prepare for the wildest ride of your lives! Guess who's got a voice as big as its roar? That's right, folks, we've got ourselves a bona fide talking lion in the house! Now, before we continue, I must warn you, this conversation may get a little wild, but I'm confident we'll all come out of it with a newfound appreciation for the extraordinary wonders of the animal kingdom." Ace Ventura raised his hands and yelled as he turned around and faced Garfield once more.

"What is your name?" While pretending as if he was holding a mic, Ace asked him a question before passing the 'mic' to Garfield.

"Can you really understand me, human?" Garfield asked, he doesn't care about the crowd.

"Hear that! It's the real voice of the mighty lion! Perhaps he is Simba's son!" Ace faces the crowd once again.

However, they were unusually quiet.

"What's wrong with that man? I only hear the roars of the lion, I don't hear any words." The crowd whispered among them.

"I think he has a few loose screws on his head." And then, the rumor started.

In the background, a girl was speaking on her phone.

"911? Yes, there's a dying lion and a mentally unstable man in the zoo. Yes, it's the Dressrosa. Okay, thanks!" 

***

"Perhaps they are speechless! Oh well, I guess as a pet detective, I'm different from them, a speaking lion isn't enough to make me speechless. Right, my furry friend?" Ace confidently said to himself, however when he looked back at Garfield and saw that he was back lying on the ground.

"Friend? No, no, you can't die! You're the first animal that spoke! You would be a legend!" Ace got worried and tried to help Garfield to get up.

"Get out of the way, human! The humans can't see me!" Garfield complained and used his tail to slap Ace aside.

"Oh my god! The Lion is dying!" The crowd shouted after seeing Garfield's 'dead' face, with his eyes rolled back and his tongue plopped out of his mouth.

"Step aside!" As if getting a signal, Matilda and the rest of the crew started making their way in and carried Garfield's body on a stretcher.

Meanwhile, Ace was both confused and sad to see a friend that he just made, go.

'I have failed once again.' Ace looked down on the ground in sadness as he remembers the first time that he failed. The memories of a raccoon falling to his death made him cry, though there are no tears coming out.

"Sir, you are under arrest for trespassing." Suddenly, a police officer placed a handcuff on his hands and said, shocking.

"Arrested for trespassing? Well, I guess I took 'animal rights' a little too far this time! But let me tell you, officer, this was no ordinary trespassing. I was on a mission to save a rare, endangered Lion who happened to be capable of speaking human language! Ask the crowd! I'm a hundred percent sure they heard him!" Ace tried to call out to the crowd.

"Really? Well then, explain this." The police officer then showed him a video of him speaking out his sentence earlier and the lion roaring instead of speaking.

"I'm the chosen one." However, instead of being down and disappointed, Ace Ventura isn't someone who doubts himself, so he immediately came to the conclusion that he's a special kind of being.

"Okay, let's go now." Passing the phone back to the owner, the police officer then escorted Ace Ventura to his police car. While doing so, Ace didn't resist one bit and he seemed to be immersed in his thoughts.

"I have the power to change the world!" Shouting in a deep voice, Ace rolled down the window and yelled the words.

"Hey! Put your head back inside!"

***

(Present)

"Ace Ventura?" Doflamingo's eyes gleamed at another opportunity to expand his family.

"Yeah, I'm quite interested in him though, it's rare to see someone capable of speaking to animals."

"Alice, show me which station holds Ace Ventura."

[Sending the location...]

"Time to meet Jim Carrey." Doflamingo muttered to himself before wearing his classic wear.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage)

8