Ch. 135 – Asgard
217 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a few hours now and Frigga has called Thor and Hela to Asgard as Odin has something to announce.

At first, Hela was adamant about it but with Doflamingo's convincing, she finally agreed to go. However, in a condition that Doflamingo would also go with her.

Of course, Doflamingo doesn't mind it, after all, it's been years since he wanted to see the sight of Asgard, so he didn't hesitate to grab the opportunity.

And so, Matilda was once again left with his matters and it's wrong to say that she's mad, no she's very mad! However, Matilda just sighed and wished that Doflamingo would take his duties seriously.

***

"I'm sorry but he's gone?" After a few hours of gruesome driving, Phil finally arrived at Risus Company but found no sign of Doflamingo except for his daughter, Matilda.

"He left for Asgard, accompanying his wife. You can just tell me you know? I'm your daughter am I really not that trustworthy?" Matilda complained as Phil chuckled slightly.

"Sorry Mat, but this is confidential and my Director told me to tell Doflamingo, so I'm just keeping my professionality." Phil said while fixing his suit and standing up.

"I'll take my leave. Make sure you take care of yourself, okay? Your mother would kill me if something bad happened to you." Phil smiled as Matilda also did before rushing to hug him.

"Thanks, dad. For everything." Matilda teared up and said as Phil reciprocated the hug and replied.

"Always, Mat."

***

Arriving at Asgard, Doflamingo was met with the sight of Heimdall welcoming them.

"Welcome to Asgard, your highnesses and guest." Heimdall bowed as Thor patted his shoulder strongly.

"Haha! It's been a while, Heimdall. I can see that you're gaining weight! How about a spar later, I learned quite a few tricks myself." Thor said with a battle intent gleaming on his eyes.

"I shall find myself some free time to accompany you, your highness." Heimdall bowed and the moment he saw Hela among them, his grip on his sword suddenly tightened.

He was told by Odin about Hela coming to Asgard and he can't help but raise his guard against her.

She was there when Hela and Odin were at their peak however, he was merely just a child at that time. But that doesn't mean that he doesn't witness their glory.

He used to be in awe at her but as time passes by, his loyalty to Odin strikes him, bearing the same hate as Odin did to Hela.

But he received an order from his king to not do anything to Hela, so he calmed himself down and sighed.

Unfortunately for him, Hela saw the hate in Heimdall's eyes just before they disappeared.

'So, there is still someone who is alive that knows who I am.' Hela can't help but tell herself as Heimdall did his job by guiding them through the bridge. By walking.

"Too much time wasting, I'll handle this." While saying that, Doflamingo opens a portal right exactly at the end of the bridge on the other side. He was tempted to open a portal right exactly at the middle of the Royal Building but he felt that it would be disrespectful to do so, and besides, he wanted to see the beauty of Asgard.

"..." Heimdall didn't say anything and just nodded his head. He also felt like there should be some kind of transportation from the Bifrost to the City of Asgard, considering how long the bridge is and not anyone has the patience to walk across the bridge.

Entering the portal, Doflamingo was met with curious gazes of the people and the moment they saw Heimdall, Frigga and Thor, they immediately bowed their heads in respect.

It took them a few minutes before finally arriving at the Throne Room where they found Odin sitting on his chair however, there was evident exhaustion and tiredness on his eyes.

"Father?" Thor noticed this and was confused.

"Welcome back to Asgard." Odin wanted to call Hela, his daughter but refrained from doing so. He's afraid that she would kill him immediately if he said that.

"We're glad to be back, father! But what happened to you, father?" Thor expressed his concerns as Odin finally dropped the bomb.

"I am dying, Thor. My time is near." Odin sadly said, as Thor's grip on his hammer slipped as he broke down into panic.

"What do you mean, father? Who did this to you!" Thor angrily as he thought that someone did something to his father.

Odin saw a spark of lightning flashing on Thor's eyes before it vanished, making him shocked.

'All it needs is intense emotion.' Odin said to himself.

"Nothing happened, Thor. I'm just announcing this because I'm choosing the one who will inherit my throne. But before that, I have something to tell you, Thor. Come with me." Odin announced and said to Thor as they both left the Throne room.

"Inherit his throne? Does he mean that I will inherit the Throne!?" Hela was shocked as she finally guessed the reason why she was invited back to Asgard. It is because Odin will definitely choose her as the new King or Queen of Asgard!

'He's only doing this to gain my forgiveness, very well. I'll forgive you now.' Hela said to herself inside her heart. She has long awaited this moment, to finally sit on the throne of Asgard.

However...

'Why do I feel empty? Shouldn't I be excited about finally having Asgard on my grasp? Why does it feel like there's something missing?' Hela clenched her fists and turned to look at Doflamingo before finally realizing why she felt empty.

'I see now. It's because the moment I become the Queen of Asgard, I would rarely see my husband now. I would be busy taking care of Asgard.' While thinking of this, Hela finally decided to reject the throne. It doesn't have the appeal to her anymore, the same appeal that she felt back then before she met Doflamingo.

After getting back in the Throne room, Hela noticed that Thor's gaze held more differently towards her. His gaze now held not only admiration but amazement, as if a fan finally met his idol.

"Sister! I didn't expect that the reason why Asgard stood tall was because of you! You carried Asgard to greater heights!" Thor said in excitement as Hela finally knows what Odin instilled inside Thor's head.

'So he made me some kind of benefactor of Asgard, huh? Probably to ensure that I won't refuse the Throne. Doesn't matter, I'll take the approach first.' Hela said and as Odin finally sat back on his throne, Hela suddenly spoke.

"I refuse the Throne. I know that you're already thinking of making me the Queen of Asgard. If so, then I refuse." Hela said with her head raised high.

Meanwhile, Doflamingo was panicking inside his mind.

'What the fuck is going on inside this lady's head! We're talking on Asgard here! She should accept it!' Doflamingo panicked and couldn't help but wonder why Hela suddenly changed her mind.

"By becoming the Queen of Asgard, my time with my husband would lessen, which is why I refuse. I value my love towards him more than Asgard." Hela proudly said while turning her loving gaze at Doflamingo, who almost slapped his forehead.

'Okay, there's seriously something wrong inside this girl's head. I'll educate her!' Doflamingo yelled inside his mind.

Odin seemed to be thinking about something before sighing.

"Truly, love is a very strong aspect in life. It could change even a rabid woman full of blood and revenge." Odin muttered to himself, making sure that only he, heard what he just said. Doflamigno, who heard his muttering also can't help but nod his head in agreement.

"Fine. Then, I'll cho-."

"Hold on, your highness. I think Hela was just confused about something." Doflamingo raised his hand and said before grabbing Hela by her elbow and dragged her a bit on the side, talking to her privately.

"What's the matter? Did I say something wrong?" Hela confusedly asked.

"I think you should accept the Throne." Doflamingo said to her as she explained after.

"But my time with you wo-."

"Nothing will change, don't worry. Have you forgotten about my portal? I could just visit you whenever you want." Doflamingo didn't stop there and still continued to convince her.

"Why do you want me to become Asgard's queen? Is it the power? If it is, then I ag-."

"No, it's not about the power. It's because we will soon face someone strong that we'll need more than an army. We need a legion of different forces, from each Realm." Doflamingo said. Yes, he's planning on conquering the entire Nine Realms first before setting his sights on the entire universe.

He already has a plan on strengthening himself actually. Just like what he did to the Hel Dimension, he would use his authority ring to take Authority towards the entire Asgard Realm and soon the rest of the realms.

"What do you mean face someone strong? Who are you talking about?" Hela got more confused and asked more questions.

"...Celestials."

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

7