Ch. 143 – Daughter
123 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After 'punishing' Hela, Doflamingo went back to the room where he left Yggdrasil.

However, when he got there, he was shocked to find no sign of Yggdrasil.

"Shit, this is not good." Doflamingo cursed before expanding his observation haki, to sense the location of Yggdrasil throughout the entire Asgard.

It only took him a few seconds before he sensed her presence along with several people in the Library.

Portalling himself to the Library, he was met with the sight of books laid on the ground, as if a hurricane had decided to visit the library.

Looking around, he found Yggdrasill being chased by Thor and Frigga.

What's unusual is that Yggdrasil was so fast that she turned into a blur whenever Thor and Frigga were about to catch up to her.

Even several guards are trying to catch her however, their efforts were miniscule compared to Thor and Frigga.

"Sil." Doflamingo whispered, which was loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

Stopping in her tracks, there was an unknown glint in her eyes as she saw Doflamingo.

"Papa!"

"What a- wait, what did you call me?" Yggdrasil's word was a wake up call to Doflamingo who immediately panicked when he saw Thor and Frigga's gaze on him.

"Papa!" While holding a book in her hand, Yggdrasil ran up to him and gave him a hand.

"Wait, Sil. You can't call me Papa, I'm not your father." Doflamingo whispered to Yggdrasil, who immediately teared up when she heard him.

"You don't want Sil anymore?" As soon as she finished her words, she burst out crying, which immediately gave panic to Doflamingo who could do nothing except to console her.

"Wait, I don't mean that. I was just shocked..." Seeing that his consoling is not doing anything good and her cry just became louder and louder, Doflamingo can't help but finally relent for now.

"Okay, I'm your papa. Can you stop crying now?" Doflamingo didn't even finish his sentence when Yggdrasil suddenly stopped and chuckled in happiness as she crawled back to his shoulders.

*Sigh*

Doflamingo can't help but sigh in weariness, in just a few seconds, he suddenly got tired.

"Haha! My friend! I didn't expect you and my sister to have a daughter! Even me, the mighty Thor can't catch her earlier, I'm sure she'll bring Asgard to higher heights!" Thor cheerfully said while patting his back.

"Y-yeah." Doflamingo can't just say that Yggdrasil is not his daughter, after all, she's just sitting on his shoulder while reading the book that she seems to be holding earlier.

"Doffy, can we talk?" Frigga came up to him while casting her glance towards Yggdrasil, who smashed her book on Thor's head, making him laugh in happiness.

"Yeah, sure. Thor, watch over her for me." Doflamingo then placed Yggdrasil on the ground and spoke to her.

"Stay here with T- your Uncle Thor, okay? Papa will just talk to your g-grandma." While speaking, Doflamingo was still not used to such words, so he stuttered a bit.

"Umu! Sil will behave!" Yggdrasil nodded her head several times like a chicken pecking its head.

"Good girl." Doflamingo can't resist patting her head, which made the little girl purr once again, confusing Thor who was beside them.

***

"She's not normal, I can tell." As soon as Doflamingo and Frigga reached a private corner, Frigga whispered to him while glancing at Yggdrasil, who was piggybacking on Thor.

"I know. If I tell you who she is, you might not believe me." Doflamingo replied, while Frigga took that as a sign of challenge.

"I've encountered many strange things in the universe, boy. Try me on this one." Frigga said with a confident smile.

"Well, since you insist. The little girl that you've been chasing earlier is Yggdrasil." Doflamingo shrugged his shoulders and dropped the bomb.

"What?.... Are you sure about that?" Frigga stared at him in shock. If what Doflamingo said is true, then her view of Yggdrasil as a mighty World Tree capable of holding Nine Realms has vanished and was replaced by a small black haired girl who behaves like a child in drugs.

"See. I won, you can't believe it, right?" Seeing Frigga nod her head, Doflamingo continued.

"I can't believe it at first if it wasn't for the fact that I found her during my escapade in Yggdrasil. She dragged me inside the dimension or something and things started to happen." Doflamingo spoke as he proceeded to explain the things that happened after he left for Yggdrasil.

"I'm afraid if Odin knew of this, he might cry himself to death. He has been worshiping Yggdrasil and views it as an almighty tree that exceeds even his own strength. If he knew that it was actually a little girl..." Frigga then proceeds to chuckle, as she imagines the situation.

"Do you know why she regarded me as her father earlier? I don't remember telling her that I'm her father." Since Doflamingo was busy earlier, he didn't know why Yggdrasil called him 'Papa' earlier.

"Must be that book that she read." Frigga then pointed her finger at the book that Yggdrasil was holding.

"It's about a warrior who found an abandoned child and decided to adopt her and take her as his daughter." Frigga explained.

"I see. And here I thought books were supposed to be good for children, it just bought me trouble." Doflamingo responded while muttering the last sentence, which was heard by Frigga who chuckled.

"Good luck being a father. Make sure you don't go on the same path as your father in law." Frigga said before walking away.

"Father in la-? Ohhh, I see what you did there." Doflamingo chuckled.

***

After the talk with Frigga, Doflamingo got Yggdrasil back from Thor and escorted her back to the room where he left her.

"Sil. Listen to me. Once Hela wakes up, don't tell her that you're my daughter, okay? I'll explain it to her first, so just keep quiet once she arrives." Doflamingo crouched in front of her and advised her, as Yggdrasil asked in confusion.

"Who's Hela?" She asked while tilting her head to the side.

'Cute.' Doflamingo almost got a nosebleed from the cuteness overload.

"Hela, uhmm. She's my wife, not yet though but she'll eventually be my wife someday." Doflamingo answered.

*Gasp!*

"Hela is Sil's mama!" Yggdrasil jumped in excitement as Doflamingo slapped his forehead.

"Kinda... I guess? Anyway, that's why I want you to be quiet later, okay? She would definitely react violently once you called her mama out of the blue. Just let papa, explain it to her first, okay?" Doflamingo said then stared at Yggdrasil's eyes, indicating that this is a serious matter.

"Umu!" Yggdrasil nodded her head as the door slowly opened.

He has already sensed Hela waking up, so he didn't hesitate to zip Yggdrasil's mouth first before she could arrive here.

"Dear, are you there? I can't walk..." Hela called out to him while complaining as she limped towards him and when she noticed Yggdrasil who was beside Doflamingo, she got confused.

"Dear, who is she? Did that bastard Odin have another daughter that I didn't kno-." Hela didn't even finish her sentence when Yggdrasil suddenly came running to her and hugged her thick thigh.

"Mama!"

"Fuck!" Doflamingo slapped his forehead hard as he saw that Hela just stood there blankly without an ounce of emotion on her face.

"Look Hela. Let me explain." Doflamingo tried to calm her down however, what she did next surprised him.

"Yes, I'm your mama, come to mama!" Her emotionless face earlier was suddenly replaced by a happy one as she lifted Yggdrasil off the ground while hugging her tightly, treating her as if she was her long lost daughter.

"Uhh, Hela?" Doflamingo tried calling her however, she made a 'hush' gesture to him and showed that Yggdrasil had fallen asleep on her shoulders, immediately. He won't even ask how she suddenly fell asleep when she was energetic just a few seconds ago.

"Was I worried for nothing?" Doflamingo was in disbelief as Hela's face was full of warmth and love. The angry Hela that he was expecting earlier didn't arrive.

***

Sitting in the chair, Doflamingo just watched how Hela was sleeping on the bed with Yggdrasil cuddling her.

'Why does it feel like I was replaced? I'm supposed to be the one who is cuddling her!' Doflamingo complained and cried out in jealousy inside his heart.

"Perhaps she has more charisma than you." Suddenly, the Ancient One appeared behind him, shocking him greatly.

"Fuck!" Doflamingo then suddenly realized what he had done, so he immediately stopped moving and seeing that Hela and Yggdrasil didn't react or were woken up, he sighed in relief before glaring at the Ancient One.

"Seriously! You shocked me! Why are you even here anyway?" Doflamingo angrily said that the Ancient One seemed to be apathetic about his complaints.

"I think you should go back to Earth. Something has happened."

"Is it bad news or good news?" Doflamingo relaxed on his chair and asked back.

"Very bad news." The Ancient One replied before dropping a bomb.

"Your friend, Matilda died from the Government's hand."

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

.

.

.

.

[Next Chapter: Ch. 144 - The world shall know pain!]

4