Ch. 145 – Illuminati
133 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting alone in his office, Nick Fury was reading a file in his hand.

He has been trying his best to gather more information about the Sentinel Project, however it was in vain. It's as if the people behind the project are purposely avoiding him.

The only thing that he could do now is to send some agents to investigate the sudden tremors in an abandoned warehouse.

Nick could guess that some kind of fight or brawl happened inside the warehouse as there are some destroyed pillars and large potholes that are obviously caused by some kind of bomb or anything similar.

"Sigh, should I call Tony about the Sentinel Project? I think Jarvis might be able to help in gathering information." Nick sighed in exhaustion. He hasn't been sleeping ever since the sudden arrival of the Sentinel Project that the Government even kept it hidden from him.

It only means one thing. And that is the project is possibly against him or his interests.

And what are his interests? To protect Earth. Which means the project is a threat to Earth.

"It's no use using an A.I trust me." Suddenly, Nick heard a voice behind him and without hesitation, he grabbed a pistol from under his office table and pointed it towards the voice behind him.

"Doffy?" Seeing Doflamingo, Nick immediately put his gun down and asked.

"Why are you here?"

Doflamingo then approached Nick and stared directly into his eyes.

"Tell me everything you know about the Sentinel Project!"

Seeing the face of Doflamingo, Nick gulped in nervousness before proceeding to spill everything he knows.

***

"All I know is that the Council knows something about this. My last meeting with them didn't go well. I'm an agent, I could tell that they're hiding something from me." Massaging his temple, Nick Fury sighed and drank a glass of water.

"Why did you even ask?" Nick then asked in return.

Doflamingo breathed in and out as he clenched his fist before speaking.

"The Sentinels killed someone close to me." Doflamingo said while pressure descended in the room, giving Nick Fury a hard time to breathe.

"M-may I ask who?"

"Matilda."

As soon as Doflamingo dropped the bomb, Nick Fury lost his hold on the glass, dropping it on the floor.

*Shatter!*

"....Oh hell no!" Panicked settled in Fury's face as he knew that once this news reached Phil, he would stop at nothing to avenge his daughter. Even though she's just his step-daugher, Phil has treated her as if his own.

"Hell no indeed." Veins popped on Doflamingo's forehead as he continued.

"I need you to do something for me, Fury."

Hearing the sudden ask for a favor, Fury contemplated for a bit before responding.

"What is it?"

"....I just need you to turn a blind eye on what I'm going to do and if somehow it causes panic to citizens, I'm hoping you'd do your job, okay?" Doflamingo grinned madly as Fury could feel the tension permeating the room, so he immediately nodded and said.

"Okay. Do you want me to call the Avengers?" 

"No....I, alone am enough." By dropping those words, Fury only blinked once before Doflamingo vanished from his office, without any trace.

"Well fuck." Taking out a cigarette from a compartment, Fury lit it up before smoking.

"This might be the first time I've smoked since I became a Director." Fury muttered while staring at the ceiling. The only thing he could do now is do what Doflamingo told him, which is to turn a blind eye and make sure to not cause panic to the citizens.

***

Standing in the air, Doflamingo stared down on the White House below him with disgust.

He could sense that there was a meeting going on inside.

"Spread." With just a single word, several clones of him immediately parted ways and went to different locations.

He has received the location of the Council members and he'll make sure none of them will be alive after this.

"I'll start first then." With a mutter, Doflamingo's conqueror's Haki flared suddenly, causing the people inside the White House except for a few some fall unconscious one by one.

Even the citizens that were outside the metal fence also fell unconscious due to the Conqueror's Haki, causing mass panic among the masses.

"Kyaaahh!"

Floating down towards the White House, Doflamingo slowly waved his hands as the entire White House got suddenly uprooted from the ground, and stayed afloat off the ground.

Except for the bodies of the staff and guards, only the President and other politicians remained conscious and looking at them, they looked like they just shat themselves.

'Sometimes, I think Magneto was right. Humans and those who have powers can never be at peace due to their constant fear towards something they cannot control.' Doflamingo thought to himself as the President slowly stood up and pointed his finger at him.

"Y-you are...."

Spreading his arms, Doflamingo introduced himself.

"Donquixote Doflamingo. Now, either you all cooperate with me or face death herself!" Doflamingo yelled in anger as the politicians gulped in fear.

One particular politician slowly tried to crawl away, thinking that he would be hidden by the pile of bodies.

"Looks like there will always be a hard-headed person who can't follow simple rules." Doflamingo shook his head in disappointment before raising his fingers slightly and the crawling politicians suddenly stopped in his tracks.

The President and the others didn't even manage to react when the man's head suddenly turned into tiny sliced pieces, splurting throughout the area, some blood fell on their clothes and while some on their faces.

"Ahhhh!" A female politician couldn't handle the disturbing sight and immediately crouched on the ground and yelled.

The others also tried to back away from the body both instead, fell on the floor and kept staring at the mess in shock and fear.

"Quiet down." Doflamingo calmly said however, the screaming female was still yelling her lungs out, causing Doflamingo to be angry.

"I.SAID.QUIET.DOWN!" With a sudden jerk of movement, Doflamingo appeared in front of the woman and directly grabbed her face as if an ant.

"I said Quiet!" Staring at her face with anger on his voice, his grip on her face slowly tightened and before everyone could react, her head burst out into pieces like a watermelon.

"Ha-umph!" Some guys were about to scream in shock, however they remembered what would happen to them if they screamed so they immediately closed their mouths with their hands.

"Ah, silence, my dearest indulgence. There's something truly enchanting about the absence of noise. The stillness that allows me to hear the world's hidden whispers and secrets." Doflamingo closed his eyes and looked as if he was in pleasure while whispering the words which were loud enough for them to hear.

"Isn't this wonderful!" Opening his eyes, there was a hint of craziness in both his eyes and voice.

"Now, if one of you tells me the person behind the Sentinel, he would be spared!" Doflamingo slowly walked forward while speaking, causing some of them to look at each other.

Surprisingly, the President was the first one to step forward and say.

"It's the Illuminati! They were the ones who approached us and forced me to invest in their project!" The President's lips were quivering, indicating the fear that he's feeling right now.

"Is that so?" Just when the President was about to sigh in relief, he suddenly felt a hand choking him and lifting him in the air.

"I sense a LIAR!" Doflamingo spoke with a devilish grin on his face.

"They didn't force you! You agreed, didn't you! You humans have always been the same! You old shameless, greedy motherfuckers!" With one last shout, Doflamingo snapped the President's neck as his body limped, indicating that he had descended to hell.

Dropping down the body on the ground as if some kind of trash, he then glanced at the rest of the politicians near him.

"How about you all follow him to hell?" With a slight smile, every politician's eyes widened in surprise and fear.

Before any of them could react, their heads started blowing one by one. This is because Doflamingo has long inserted his strings on each of their heads and since it is very tiny, no one noticed it.

Also, he could cast a spell through his strings so, with just a single Detonation Spell on each of their heads, they all died at the same time.

Looking at his masterpiece, Doflamingo suddenly sensed someone flying towards him.

At first, Doflamingo thought it was Iron Man and was ready to confront him, however he suddenly sensed around 5 flying towards him and their sizes are far from Iron Man's armor.

*Thud!* x5

Turning around, Doflamingo finally saw the familiar sight of the Sentinel. The ones who killed his dear sister in all but blood.

[Donquixote Doflamingo, surrender now or else face the consequence.]

"Looks like I won't have to trouble myself from finding you." Doflamingo chuckled while grinning from ear to ear.

Looking almost as if....

The Joker.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

.

.

.

.

[Next Chapter: Ch. 146 - The Mastermind]

2