Ch. 146 – Revelation
397 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Boom!*

Dodging to the side, Doflamingo scanned the Sentinels for any weakness.

However, he found that the materials used for these Sentinels are actually made of Vibranium, though partially as he saw that only some parts are covered in Vibranium

'So, someone big is backing them, huh? There's no way they got hold of Vibranium that easily without Wakanda hunting them. This means that they somehow got hold of Vibranium, Ulysses is out of the picture. I already disposed of that trash and stole all of his Vibranium. Then this leaves me to one conclusion, either Wakanda is backing them or they stole from Wakanda without even being noticed by them.' Doflamingo immediately guessed inside his mind as all of these thoughts were processed in just a second, so he got enough time to dodge another laser beam rushing towards him.

"Troublesome." Doflamingo muttered, as he dodged to the left only to meet a long sharp hand of the Sentinel aiming towards his head. Looks like Thanos taught this Sentinel.

*Clank!*

Unfortunately for the Sentinel, Doflamingo didn't bother to dodge and just allowed the Sentinel to strike his head, making a metallic collision sound.

The Sentinel tilted its head in confusion. Probably because not expecting to meet his strike head on and ineffective.

"Even my daughter could hit harder than that." Doflamingo sneered and kicked the Sentinel on its abdomen; caving in.

However, the caved abdomen didn't last long and under just a few seconds, the abdomen soon returned to its previous state.

'So, they also have the Sentinel's innate abilities. I wonder if it could copy my Haki.' Doflamingo thought to himself and decided to experiment.

Covering his hand with his Armament Haki, Doflamingo punched the Sentinel on its chest, thinking that it could defend his strike.

What Doflamingo didn't expect to happen next was his entire arm to pierce through the Sentinel's torso, destroying the core inside, rendering it dead.

'Right, Mystique doesn't exist in this world so they probably can't copy abilities, still I wonder if they could also adapt?' Curious for the answer, Doflamingo took another guinea pig and touched its head.

'Asgardian Magic: FrostBite.' Casting an Asgardian Spell, the entire head of the Sentinel slowly got encased in ice.

Doflamingo waited for a few seconds before the ice slowly evaporated, revealing the Sentinel that lived.

'That doesn't confirm it, how about something stronger?' Saying that, Doflamingo grabbed a pebble from the ground while dodging a punch that was headed towards him.

*Bam!*

Slowly, the pebble on his hand slowly floats above his palm and as seconds pass, the pebble starts spinning faster and faster until it turns into a blur.

*Pew!*

Invisible to the named eye, the pebble disappeared from his palm and a brand new hole that is the size of the pebble appeared on the Sentinel's shoulder.

Slowly, the Sentinel recovered and started attacking Doflamingo more ferociously.

'Let's try that again and if the pebble still managed to penetrated through its defense, that means it can't adapt.' Having fun with his experiment, Doflamingo grabbed another pebble and did the same thing earlier before, however its quite irritating when the Sentinels are disturbing him, so he locked their movements with his Strings.

No matter how hard they try, the Sentinels can't move even an inch, staying in the same position, awaiting their death.

*Pew!*

The pebble once again disappeared and this time, instead of penetrating through the shoulder, it just made a large dent before recovering.

'So it's more like making a resistance rather than adapting.' Doflamingo finally made a conclusion inside his mind, classifying his experiments as a success.

Seeing the Sentinels still trying to escape his strings, Doflamingo decided to finish them right here and bring them back to his base so Alice could try to see if she could do something about them.

He first approached a kneeling Sentinel and stared at its face, not caring if it wanted to blast his face with its laser beam.

"Whoever you are that is controlling these Sentinels. Whether you're a human or not, know this. I will find you... And I will kill you. I don't care how long it takes me." After saying that with a penetrating glare before his entire arm was covered in reddish Haki.

*Bam!*

With a quick strike, the Sentinel didn't even manage to register what happened even with its advanced computational abilities. The core of the Sentinel inside was already on Doflamingo's hand.

Turning his head to the other Sentinels, Doflamingo's grip on the core tightened before it explodes.

Seeing this, the other Sentinels then started charging up their laser beams to attack Doflamingo.

However, Doflamingo didn't give them enough time. Under just a second, Doflamingo disappeared from their sight and their sensors are trying their best to find him.

*Swing!*

It didn't take a moment before one of them was destroyed. However, this time, it was a sharp katana covered in a reddish hue that only Doflamingo could see.

So to the Sentinels, the katana looks like a katana covered in white strings.

Under just a minute, one by one, the Sentinels fell until all of them laid on the ground with their cores destroyed.

Doflamingo sighed in relief. Luckily, before the Sentinels came to existence, he was already a force to be reckoned with.

If he stayed idle or the Sentinels came sooner, perhaps he would not only be having a hard time but he might also die from the Sentinels.

Opening a portal, Doflamingo used his telekinesis to drag each Sentinel inside, dumping them inside a large space in Sanctuary.

He's not worried if there's any tracker device or a self-destruct mechanism, because the room where he brought them in is covered in a frequency that would render their signals useless and the room is made of materials such as Vibranium.

He's not that rich in Vibranium so the room isn't that large, perhaps only half as big as a football stadium.

Before closing the portal, Doflamingo then picked up a core that he decided to spare for Alice before throwing them inside the portal before closing it. These cores were the one controlling those Sentinels, it might seem useless to him who has plenty of other important resources but there's a saying 'Even a mosquito has meat' so no matter how small this core is, it still has its value.

"Alice, you know what to do." Doflamingo said to his phone that responded.

[I understand, master. Also, Natalya and the others have already arrived in the meeting room and are waiting for you.]

Hearing Alice's report, Doflamingo knew it was time to go back but first, he must ensure that his warning would resonate across the globe.

***

Finishing his work, Doflamingo finally left through the portal as News Choppers soon arrived.

[Right now, we are here at the location of the White House or what remains on it as earlier this morning we have received several calls from our nearby people about the sudden chaos on the White House.]

[Hold on, there's some words written on the grass. Zoom on it.]

The reporter said while nudging the cameraman to focus on the ground below.

Tilting his camera slightly, the viewers saw the text that is written in scarlet red looking similar to blood.

All at the same time, they muttered the words written on the grass.

[The Heavenly Yaksha is coming.]

***

Watching the news on the television, Nick Fury sighed, it was very damn hard to keep those news stations away from the scene. It's not like the Shield is weak or something, it's just that he didn't expect that Doflamingo would directly target the White House without any warning, he thought he would just attack some hidden bases or facilities that he suspected of making those Sentinel Projects.

'Seriously, what have those bastards gotten into! All these problems are falling into my lap! Fucking assholes!' Fury once again massaged his temples. This was the umpteenth time that he massaged his temples.

'If I had hair right now, I swear to God it would be full of white hairs.' Fury sighed and decided to keep the mayhem as low as possible. He doesn't want people to start revolting or raising theories that North Korea is attacking them or something. Thankfully the message that Doflamingo wrote on the floor diminished the citizens's suspicions of other countries attacking them.

"Now, either I need to keep what happened to Matilda from Phil or should I tell him now lest he holds a grudge against me." Nick muttered to himself while his attention was focused on the news.

"Did something happen to Matilda, sir?" Suddenly, Nick Fury heard Phil's voice by the door.

"Oh hell no." Seeing Coulson standing in front of the door with a confused and suspicious gaze, Nick can't help but curse under his breath.

'Fuck it. I just hope Coulson won't do anything that will risk his life. He's not only an agent of mine, but also my friend.' 

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

.

.

.

.

[Next Chapter: Ch. 147 - Outburst]

2