Chapter 19
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

However, she appeared puzzled upon seeing Ocelio’s face.

His expression was clouded by unease and panic. It was the first time she saw this kind of expression on his face, she froze, only waking up when she heard his shout.

[Get down! Now!]

The guests appeared stunned, they looked back at him with confusion and surprise.

Only a few of them had noticed the dark rod moving from inside the cauldron, floating in the air.

Ocelio was about to open his mouth once more when he was interrupted by the reappearance of the strange phenomenon.

The white lines moved at the same speed, but this time, the red brick appeared on the far right. He only had one second to adjust before giving all his concentration to the game.

At first, he only stopped the lines that interfered with the progression of the red brick, however, by the time he reached the middle of the space, the white lines all seemed to come down right when the red brick was going to pass through, increasing the difficulty of finding the right timing.

The red brick still moved at the same speed, unperturbed by what was happening around it. It was like a train advancing, unaware that countless trucks were coming to crash into it.

After one white bar almost touched the back of the red brick, Ocelio learned that if he slowed down one line long enough for it to lose its momentum, he could switch his attention to another line and effectively control 2 white lines at the same time.

By the end of the game, he was able to slow down 3 white bars at the same time by using 100% of his mental capacity.

When the game was completed, it disappeared in the same fashion, exploding into fragments before dissipating.

However, something had changed.

Everyone had noticed the change happening to the item and were backing down from the podium.

Ocelio countenance was sombre, traces of dread could be seen in his eyes.

Above the cauldron, he could now observe two indistinct figures floating in the air. One of them held the black road and hit the top of the cauldron as if it was a drum.

The other figure looked like it was fighting it, trying to stop it but its appearance was more irregular as if it couldn’t maintain its shape.

At this moment, when the black rod hit the top of the cauldron, a heavy sound resonated within the corridor. Ocelio could even see the vibration emitted, travelling through the air and going through the walls.

Without any warning, three people closest to the platform fell to the ground.
When he realised the identities of two of the bodies lying on the ground, his pupils constricted. They were the two girls who had stood on the platform.

He glanced back at the illusory figures, he could not see their faces or distinguish their forms, it was as if they were part of the air with only the faint outline from their existence being visible to him.

However, he could see the black rod being held by one of them and it was about to fall on the cauldron once again.
The other silhouette intervened, coming to stand in front of the cauldron as if it was protecting it.

Yet, the black rod just went through its body as if it wasn’t there.

Another vibration passed through the crowd, this time, 5 people crumbled to the ground.

All the guests panicked, trying to escape from this place. People rushed to the exit, stepping on others, screams and groans of pain followed but it was all muted by the third vibration.

Ocelio watched the two figures with fear, he seemed to have realised their identities when the entity struck the cauldron for the third time.

He gritted his teeth and threw the blood fist forward, not at the figures, but at the cauldron.

A short moment of silence came into the room as the entities appeared to have noticed his action.
The black rod moved to smash the blood fist, it was at this time that the second figure made a last effort, throwing itself at the wielder of the rod and preventing him from moving.

Both figures seemed to have become one as the blood fist crashed into the cauldron, creating two big holes in it.

Most of the people had already left the vicinity, with only plaintive moans coming from those who were curled up in the ground. A few guards that were stationed nearby were running in this direction, but when the cauldron became damaged, an explosion erupted, throwing their bodies backwards.

A large dark cloud appeared where the cauldron had been. Ocelio stood in a defensive posture, his fists in front of his head.
The dark cloud almost looked alive, it churned in the air before taking the form of one of the entities.

A face appeared in the cloud, two eyes and a wide grin stared back at him.

Ocelio enshrouded his body in spiritual power, two red glows formed on his fists. Yet, the black figure did not seem to want to fight him, it dashed toward the wall and went through it as if it was a door instead.

He glanced around the corridor with a vigilant expression. His spiritual aura was projected outside his body, spreading to the walls, floor and ceiling.
When he did not notice any sign of the being, a long sigh leaked from his mouth. His eyes wandered around the scene, falling on the unconscious body of Selatonice.

[Abnormalities…in this world…what did I get involved into…]

Hauling her body on his shoulder, he made his way back to the lobby.
Along the way, he met a few guests hiding or gathering the guards nearby to protect them.

When they saw Ocelio walk with a nonchalant attitude, noticing where he had come from, they froze.
He ignored the ugly faces they made or their attempt to talk to him. His cold, emotionless eyes stared straight ahead, his steps betraying his impatience.

When he made it outside, he found Briseis arguing with her attendant.

[I won’t leave! My cousin and sir Ocelio are still inside!]

[Miss, please, I’m doing this for your good. We cannot do anything here, I must protect you, please don’t make it hard for me.]

[They are…]

She stopped her words when she noticed Ocelio’s figure coming out of the building, carrying Selatonice on his shoulder with indifference.

[Ocelio! Sir!]

She came to a stop right in front of him, glancing at the both of them with tears in her eyes.

[Let’s go, let’s leave this place.]

[Yes.]

When they entered the carriage, he dropped her unconscious body beside Briseis. Her face was pale, sweat was exuding from her back as if she was having a nightmare.

[Will she be okay?]

His eyebrows creased at her question; he came to sit between both of the girls. Placing his palm on her head, he infused his spiritual power into her body to examine her state.

Hearing his dejected sigh, Briseis trembled, she looked at her cousin with moist eyes, a deep pain revealing itself on her delicate face.

[She’ll be alright for now.]

She bowed her head, hiding her face below her hair.

[Thank you, I’m grateful to you sir. My cousin can be reckless but I love her, I can’t imagine losing her…]

Only now did Ocelio turn to pay attention to Briseis. The corner of his lips raised into a mysterious smile.

His hand moved to lift her chin; her hair parted to reveal a bashful appearance.

She glanced left, right, down, anywhere where she could avoid the two intense red orbs that stared down at her.
It was the first time in her life she was sitting this close to a male, her heart was beating at a rapid pace in her chest. His hand was still holding her chin, cooling down her burning face.

[Silly girl, why are you avoiding me…]

He brought his head closer to her face, she tried to move back but the seat prevented her from moving. When his face was about to touch hers, she looked back at him by reflex.

His lips were almost pressing down on hers; his sharp nose was the first to touch her skin, his red eyes glowed with a translucent radiance. As if a mysterious veil of power covered them, preventing her from seeing what laid beyond.

Her eyelids closed as her body went soft, he caught her waist, smiling like a sly wolf that had cornered a helpless deer.

Backing off, he glanced at her body.

Briseis was in her late teens, her figure wasn’t as voluptuous as her cousin, she looked like a delicate, frail woman. However, there was something pure in her that made her stand out.

His smile grew as he shifted her face to the side, her long curly hair moved, exposing the pristine white skin on her neck.

He brought his nose closer, smelling the perfume from her body.

[Women must envy you, such great smell. And such blood purity…I really can’t hold back.]

He hugged her in his arms, bringing her to his lap. He took hold of her palm, bringing it close to his mouth, he kissed her soft hand before biting of her finger.

Three drops of blood entered his mouth before his tongue came to lick the wound, closing it.

His body trembled on the seat, he heaved short ecstatic breaths as his pupils dilated.

[Incredible…]

He hugged her frail body even tighter as if refusing to let her go, showing the desire to possess her.

He lied back on the bench, his head staring above as waves of pleasure surfaced on his face.

After a few moments, he brought his head to her shoulder, inhaling her perfume and licking her delicate skin.
His voice leaked from between her lush green hair, whispers unable to be heard by anyone but him.

[Humans are really interesting. If it was not for Abnormalities wandering around, I would take my time to get more acquainted with these little girls before draining them of their blood.]

Without another word, his canines penetrated her neck, he sucked on her skin like a baby sucking on his mother breast. Trails of blood escaped from the wound, filling his mouth with a sweet taste that made his body shudder and his spine tingle.

Briseis’ attendant was driving the carriage in the streets of the prosperous district without a clue about what was happening to her mistress. On some occasions, almost inaudible moans would reach her ears but she acted as if she did not recognise her mistress's voice.
Her ears and cheeks were bright red, but it was unknown whether it was from the cold or something else.

Inside the carriage, Briseis sat motionless in Ocelio’s embrace, her head dropping to his left shoulder. Her pink lips were half-open, soaking his clothes with trails of saliva. Her face was expressing such intense pleasure, it made her usual pure face take on an indecent glow.

Each time his tongue licked her skin and his canines moved inside her skin, she would release numb moans as her closed eyelids trembled.

His hands hugging her body grasped her tighter and his craving for her blood appeared to grow in intensity.

At one point, his suction rate slowed down, he now took his time to savour each drop that entered his mouth.

Unlike what he had experienced in the city before, this time, he seemed to enjoy the process of sucking blood. He acted as if he never wanted to let go of her.

When he sensed a tingling from his spine, his face contorted in pain, impatience growing in his eyes.
He teeth were penetrating her neck, his tongue was licking her skin without restraint, his arms hugged her body tight, however, he was no longer drinking her blood.

He had sucked Korrito’s blood the night before but he had only absorbed ¼ of the total. Now, after drinking a small amount of blood, his stomach became bloated. Drinking anymore would become dangerous for him and he seemed aware of it.

His mouth moved away from her neck; a rare expression of violent desire surfaced on his face. It didn’t appear to be lust but the desire to possess something owned by another.

Lifting her chin to face him, he stared at her sleeping face. Her wound on the neck had already closed after being licked with his saliva.

Seeing her expression still covered in a mask of excitement and pleasure, he moved forward to meet her delicate lips, stealing a deep kiss from her. His tongue moved to clean the traces of saliva from her face, taking his time to create new ones.

He stroked her face with his fingers, leaving a series of kisses on her thin lips as if he couldn’t get enough of her.

All of a sudden, his red eyes widened in their sockets.

He fell on her body before both of them crumbled to the floor.

His body spasmed on top of her. His face made a terrified expression at what was happening.

The blood he had sucked out of Briseis was gushing into his bloodsea, deep in his personal container. The waves created were threatening to engulf everything as the level of the sea rose to reach the two other apparitions.

Pain was familiar to Ocelio, these spasms and the irregularity with his vampire bloodline; he was used to it, but this amount of pain seemed outside of his capacity to handle.

His survival instinct moved his body right before he lost consciousness.

His canines entered her neck and blood gushed back in his body, though, this time, it went directly to his bloodsea.

0