Chapter 5
53 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
In this story, [ ] are used for words spoken out loud/dialogues

He woke up in the middle of the night, panting, his pale face revealed the pain he was going through.
He gritted his teeth to prevent himself from screaming, his fists clenched the blanket covering his body.

After several failed attempts, he managed to activate his inner sight to peer into his personal containaer.

The situation had clearly changed.
The red river that was his vampire bloodline no longer looked as calm as usual, faint tremors could be seen on the surface as the current seemed to be gathering its strength.

The eerie eyes were still standing in the darkness above him, but there was now another power floating there.
A giant rabbit surrounded by darkness stood with his head held high.

From time to time, he could see golden lights leaving the triple eyes, attacking the Void Rabbit bloodline.
The shroud of darkness that surrounded the rabbit eagerly fought the lights whenever they came close. The giant rabbit, on the other hand, remained impassive, he just stood calmly, staring at the three colourful eyes in front of him.

It was apparent that their clashes caused serious damage to Ocelio’s body, but also to his main bloodline.
The red river stood like a bystander in front of the fights of two giants. The collateral damage from their battle spread to its water whenever the attacks were repelled.

Ocelio seemed shocked by what he was seeing. He stood rooted to the spot, watching the colourful lights explode above his head.

[They possess their own spirits…]

It was the first time he had seen the three eyes act this way. In the past, whenever he entered his personal container, all it did was stand there.

He then glanced at the red river with worry on his face. Its flow became chaotic every time an energy projectile landed in it.
Paying more attention to it, his eyes narrowed, as if he had seen something strange inside.

[Weird...doesn’t it looks more...viscous?]

The red river, as its name implied was just like a red coloured river. Only its colour appeared like blood, but it had the consistency of water.
An excited expression appeared on his face as he appeared to have realised its meaning.
He left his personal container in a hurry, glancing a last time at the two mysterious apparitions above his head.

He touched his body, tried to exert strength on his arms. To his surprise, it was his legs that moved instead. It may have just been a muscular spasm, but something changed in his eyes at that moment.

[He didn’t lie...I can grow stronger. I will be cured...]

He whispered these words as if trying to convince himself that it was real.
He lied down in bed, staring at the ceiling with a blank expression, he seemed too excited to sleep but was in too much pain to move.

Ocelio spent the last two days in his bed, struggling to hold on into his sanity as the influence from the triple eyes and the Void Rabbit ravaged his body and made him stronger.
He often visited his personal container, watching with disbelief and joy the changes that took place in his red river, or rather, his blood river.

What had previously only the colour of blood, now had its viscosity and its smell.
Not only that, he noticed today that the river was quickly growing into a lake.

The guests from the allied lifeblood had left early this morning, they had been surprised by Ocelio’s absence these last few days, however, his mother had found an excuse after visiting him one evening and seeing his state.
Beside surprise and shock, he saw genuine fear in her eyes when she entered his room and saw him lying in bed with his muscles spasming.

From then on, his parents visited him every day as if preparing for his departure any day from now on.

Ocelio didn’t reveal anything to them about what had happened or the mysterious visitor that had infiltrated their shelter one night.
He just reassured them that he would be alright, he could hold on, he wouldn’t die.
And it seemed he wasn’t lying. A few days ago, when he had read the book on his father’s desk, he appeared to have seen it as a record of their race specificities, of their origin.
But now, he seemed to be realising that it wasn’t just a book, it was describing what was happening to him and what was to come.
He wasn’t just becoming stronger, he was evolving.
And as his body grew, he also regained his health.

He was currently dressing with care. His elegant dark blue vest and black pants matched his dark hair, giving him a refined look.
He stood in front of the mirror, arranging his long dark bangs falling on both sides of his face. He gave himself a smile in the mirror, observing himself while standing.

It would be the first time he would stand in front of his lifeblood.
In actual fact, not just his lifeblood, he had never stood on his own feet before, but now, it appeared to be natural, as if he always knew how to do it, he just didn’t have enough strength in his legs.

[Ocelio, are you there?]

He could hear his father’s voice from outside his bedroom. A smile appeared on Ocelio’s face as the excitement seemed to bubble within him.

[Coming.]

He was about to turn around when he suddenly held his chest, a trace of pain overshadowed his face, a pain he seemed familiar with.
All of sudden, he spat a mouthful of blood on the mirror, with a few drops landing on the floor.

He used his inner sight in a hurry, before being dumbstruck.

The space within him that stored all his secrets was now different from how he remembered it.
A wave of pain assaulted his mind, but he didn’t seem to pay attention to it. His eyes were glued to the vast expanse of blood beneath his feet. It now formed an ocean, with no limit in sight.
Both the triple eyes and the Void Rabbit stood above the red sea like moons, yet they appeared to have lowered their height.
They were now calm and motionless as if accepting each other.

[Impossible. A sea of blood. The bloodline of a Progenitor…impossible.]

It was the first time Ocelio had shown such strong emotion in his life. He was so shocked he had lost all of his senses while his mind seemed to be refuting what he was seeing.
He had always believed that the Progenitor bloodline had been lost, never to be seen again. There was no path, no evolution, no mutation that could give you this much power, that was what he had always believed.

His mind jolted back to reality as strong disturbances coming from outside came into contact with his body.

When he cancelled the inner sight, his whole body was surrounded by a thin veil of energy.
Outside his door, he could hear the urgent voice from his father, he had locked the door but it wouldn’t be long before his father lost his patience and ripped the door out of the way. He was about to answer when he felt something in him react to the energy.

The Void Rabbit bloodline activated without his consent; he felt the world spin around him. He became powerless as his body became heavier and heavier, making it extremely hard to move.
His vision blackened as a familiar voice resonated in his mind.

[Congratulation, but you must leave now. You gave me a surprise, and because of it, I’ll teleport you to a new world where you’ll be safer.]

He could feel the power strengthen around him, he had never felt such intensity and strangeness in his life, it was as if the influence was trying to devour him.

[What do you mean, release me Rabbit! I don’t want to leave.]

A heavy sigh was heard before the Void Rabbit answered him in a tired voice.

[I also didn’t plan for this situation to happen. You, becoming a Vampire Progenitor is likely to alert your world’s consciousness of your singularity. It is too strong; it would quickly find out about your power and eradicate you. There is no choice, you must grow your power in another world, only by becoming one with the Void Rabbit bloodline and mastering its power would you be free to travel across space and return to your homeworld without worries.]

Rage built on his face the more he listened. He opened his mouth to shout but no sound came out. Only then did he use his mind to transmit his words, but no one seemed to be listening to him.

[You tricked me! Rabb...!]

The space around him became pitch black as the void swallowed his body.
A second later, a crack in the fabric of space appeared in another world. From a crack in space, it extended to the size of a door and from its pitch-black interior came the tumbling figure of a young man, or rather a vampire.

This story is registered in Scribble Hub first anniversary competition. If you like the story, please add it to your reading list.

0