Chapter Three
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun shone thought Ping’s window directly into his eyes. He groaned throwing a hand over his eyes as his mind slowly came to. He slowly replayed the events of the previous day in his mind, going over them. As he recalled his brow furrowed, he removed his hand from his eyes, squinting as he opened them. He lifted his head and patted down his body, just to make sure he was still all there.

Once he’d confirmed he was very much still alive, he relaxed back into his bed with a long tried sigh, squeezing his eyes shut for a moment before opening them once more, taking in the underwhelming sight of the ceiling he woke to every day. His mind remaind clear as he lay there for a few more moments.

“Was that all a dream?” He wondered aloud, moving his body into a sitting position, eyes unfocused. He look at his palms, covered in starches. He looked at his knees, also covered in scratches. He took note of his body, recognizing the distant ache of soreness in his muscles. “Guess not.” He mumbled under his breath

Ping lifted his arms above his head arching his back as he stretched out, cracking like a glow stick. As he lowered his arms from above his head his legs swung over the side of the bed, feet hitting the cool tile floor in the next instant. Ping pushed himself up moving slowly out of his bedroom, headed to the kitchen. He made breakfast on autopilot, mind wondering to the event of the prior day.

He munched on kinda stale cereal as he contemplated his current predicament. Would I get hit again if I go outside? Would someone come here if I didn’t? What the hell did that hot fae want with me anyway? The hell I even do when I was five? Would mom know? Maybe I should call her, see if she knows anything…

Well it was a start he supposed, pulling out his phone to cal his mom. His fingers raced across the screen plugging in his pass code, pulling up his contacts, and calling his mom. He held the phone up close to his ear as he listened to it ring, once… twice… click! She picked up.

“Hello?”

“Hey mom, weird question for ya, did anything weird happen when I was, like, five or so?”

“What?”

“Yeah, I know weird question, but, uh, did there?”

The other line went silent for a long moment.

“Mom?”

“No, not that I can think of.” She finally responded.

Ping deflated in disappointment, “Alright thanks anyway, bye.”

“Bye sweetie.”

Ping hung up placing the phone face down on the table. Well that was a bust he thought to himself, resuming eating. What other clues could there be? Hmmmm, well I mean there is one way I could find out for sure, but that require me to be hit by the murder truck again. Ping shivered violently I hate the murder truck. Ping stared down at his now empty bowl of cereal. “Fuck me.” He muttered aloud.

--------------

Ping knew this whole thing was a terrible idea, infact he’d say this is probably one of the worse ideas he’d had yet. Still here he was, outside, next to a street, filled with cars. Fuck, I am an idiot. He walked up straight, shoulders tense and arms close to his sides, but not in his pockets. He’d like to be able to catch himself when he inevitably got hit by the murder truck.

His knees and elbows were padded, his pockets filled with sand, and pepper gel. Ping’s eyes scanned the road before him, looking for the truck that’d come once more to send him to the fae realm. So he walked, and walked… and walked. By the time an hour had passed began to think perhaps the truck wouldn’t try to kill him. Maybe it’d gotten tired or would only try to kill me at knight? Perhaps the fae king gave up or-- oh shit--

B A N G

--------------

Ping’s back hit the floor first before the rest of him collapsed into a boneless heap as he relaxed his body, “Holy fuck did you hit me harder then usual, that could have probably given me a concussion you know!” He complained eyes squeezed shut as he acclimated to the pain spreading across his body. “Ow.”

“Ping.” A voice rang out, smooth and melodic in nature, a different attendant then last time then.

Ping groan in response, opening his eyes as the familiar grip of two guard grasping his arms, pulling him up onto his feet. “Ugh.” Came his response as he raised his head blinking bleary eyed at the emperor king fae person, whatever he was called.

“You are here today on the account of an unfinished contract--”

Ping cut his off, “Yeah the unfinished contract we’ve been over this. Better question, what the ever loving fuck do you even want form me.”

The attendant sneered down at Ping, his gaze holding nothing but contempt. “The deal--”

Ping didn’t let him finish, “Also what was the deal even about? Like I was five I don’t remember shit.”

The attendant seethed. Ping’s attention flickered from him to the emperor king fairy hot man. He needed a name for this guy. The two’s eyes met for a brief moment. The King remain stoic not a hint of emotion coming off the man. Ping on the other hand felt like a teenage boy, his heart raced as his face become beat red. SMASH.

“… As per the contracts conditions you are to be brought to the fae realm exactly 20 years after the day the contract was made to fulfill your end of the bargain.” The attendant concluded.

Ping’s focus snapped back to him, “… uhuh, and what was the contract about? And why do I need to be here, like exactly?”

The attendant looked as though he was planning a murder, Ping’s murder to be exact. “You, Ping Winfield, agreed to these conditions, one your gender, biologicaly and in the minds of others, as well as on all legal documents, would be permanently change from female to male--”

Ping chocked, “I WAS A GIRL?!” His mind was reeling at the revelation, he for sure was not a girl, he had a dick, how could he be a girl ahHAHAHA. Old fears and insecurities began coming to the surface of Pings mind leaving him to spiral.Shock hit him like a truck, he’d know he’d been hit like fourish times now.

The attendant babbled on, yet his words were white noise to Ping. He needed to get out of here, he couldn’t deal with all this right now, he needed to lie down. His mind clicked in place his new goal, his sole focus in the moment, over took him.

He moved, jolting back against the guards twisting his wrist as he broke their grip pulling back and away. In the next moment one guard received pepper gel to the face, causing him to cry out, clenching at his eyes in pain. The second closed in, but ping was already turned away taking off in the opposite direction. Chaos erupted in the room around him, guard moved, following the orders bellowed out by a commanding officer, magic swirled in the air with no bounds rippling in chaotic motions to match the new atmosphere.

Ping’s feet carried him forward, even as the guards closed in, creeping close with each step he took. A beam of magic shot his way left him stumbling, nearing falling over as he forced himself to slide to a stop, the beam a mere inch from his face. His hand suddenly filled with sand as he scrambled away. A hand reach for his face.

“Pocket sand!” Ping cried as he narrowly avoided the guards hand, throwing sand into the guard eyes.

“ACK!” The guard cried moving away, forming a small opening Ping took in an instant.

“FUCK!” Ping felt his feet leave the ground as something hit his back, the tile floor came rushing forward.

--------------

Ping fell face first into the concrete barely able to catch himself with an arm as he began tumbling, falling still a moment later in a pained heap. His breath came out hard and fast, pain rippling across his body. “...Ow…” He whimpered, looking up at the sky in a daze.

0