Chapter 28: Inception
938 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Marcellus, Kit, Axton, and Adi stood in front of me. Their mouths agape.

Meanwhile I am seated, Komari at my side.

The six of us are aboard Solar Wind in low orbit over Coruscant.

I gathered everyone together because I wanted to give them a flight on my ship.

But the real reason is so I could reveal my visions and plans to them.

Hence why their mouths are agape right now.

Several more seconds passed before the four of them finally snapped out of their combined daze and closed their mouths.

Once they did Marcellus stepped up to me and punched me right across the face.

I saw it coming of course and could've dodged but given what I just told him and if I was in his situation I would punch me to. So I took the hit.

"Bastard! Why wait so long to tell us this? Why keep it to yourself for so long? Isn't that why we're friends in the first place? To help each other with such things!" Marcellus roared at me.

I looked at him and simply shook my head. "Yeah, you're exactly right. I can say noting to make up for deception. All I can do is move forward."

"Well so long as you understand." Marcellus mused. "Sorry about hitting you."

"It's fine. I deserved it." I said.

"Wait, I'm still a bit lost here." Aston spoke. "Van you say that master Sifo-Dyas has been having visions of a darkness engulfing the Republic, the Order, and the entire universe and that you are somehow supposed to combat said darkness."

"Yep." I replied.

"That's insane." Axton said. "Why not tell the high council?"

"Really, after you just heard my vision about me and Marcellus fighting other Jedi and master Windu who had fallen to the dark side. Not to mention my vision of me leading an army in battle against other Jedi." I spoke.

Since like I said I told my friends about my future visions in detail.

Except for the sex vision and about Marcellus losing his arm and possibly dying.

They are too dangerous to let anyone know.

"If I told the council any of this they might dismiss me out of hand or kick me out of the order at best and at worst lock me up thinking I'm the next Revan or Skere Kaan." I explained.

Well given my thoughts and ideals I am similar to Revan and Kaan in a fashion but that's not the point.

"Right. Sorry." Axton said a moment later.

"No need to apologize. It's good your asking questions. That's why I gathered us all here to reveal the truth to you guys in the first place. As well as ask you to join me."

"In going against the order." Kit said.

I shook my head. "No, in saving the order. Or at least returning it to what its meant to be. An organization meant to serve as protectors for all people in the universe. Not just the Senate and their self-serving agenda."

"We don't work for the Senate. The Jedi work with them." Adi said.

"That may have been true in the beginning Adi but not any more. The symbiotic relationship between the Jedi Order and the Galactic Order has become a toxic parasitic mess. We Jedi are forced to turn a blind eye to so many tragedies. Like slavery. The Hutts have made the Outer Rim their plaything, enslaving million of lifeforms every year. Even though Republic law outlaws such practices. Yet no one lifts a finger to do anything about it. Not the Senate and not us Jedi."

A sad but real truth.

I mean the Hutts even teamed up with the Yuzhan Vong in legends. Those fat fucks and their operations have to go.

"That's so say nothing of the Jedi Order itself. Repressing emotions, what Bantha Dung. They do not want us to feel? If that is so then how does the order except us to protect the people? Because to be alive is to feel." I passionately spoke.

"But emotions lead to the dark side." Kit spoke.

While Adi, Marcellus, and Axton stayed silent.

I can see the gears in their heads turning.

Good.

"They don't Kit. Uncontrolled emotions sure. But no emotions he is even more dangerous." I spoke. "Besides look at the Green Jedi of Corellia. They are allowed to marry and have families and they are doing just fine."

Kit was left speechless at my words.

Since I am poking holes in the Orders logic.

Feels good.

"Van, if we join you what exactly are we going to be doing?" Marcellus asked.

"I'm glad you asked." I said. "First when our coalition is big enough I propose we split from the main order. Sometime in the near future. Say maybe a decade or so."

"Isn't that too long?" Adi asked.

I shook my head. "No. Slow and steady wins the race here. The coming darkness that I and master Sifo-Dyas saw could already be on the move. It might even be closer than we think. Rushing our plans will leave us vulnerable and possibly get us and any other allies we gather killed. You heard me earlier. I saw the galaxy engulfed in flames. War is coming. No matter what."

"But visions don't always come true. The order teaches that." Axton pointed out.

"You're right Axton. But several of my visions have already come to pass." I spoke.

I then them about seeing myself Knight by the council as well as the vision that came to pass while on Galidraan.

"If those visions came true then its more than likely the others will as well." I explained.

No matter how much I don't want them too.

"Insane. This is completely insane." Axton muttered. He then looked at Komari "You've been deathly silent Komari. What do you think about all this?"

"I am with Van." Komari replied. "Sure it sounds crazy but Van is our friend. In a matter like this he would never lead us astray. So I'll back him all the way."

"I will as well." Marcellus spoke up.

"Ah dammit, fine I'm in." Axton said.

"I...I am as well." Kit said.

"Adi?" I asked.

She gave a slow nod of confirmation.

"Thank you all. I promise I will not misuse the trust you are placing in me." I said. "Now then. Back to Marcellus question about what our coalition will be doing. Splitting from the Order and forming our own. We then get back to doing what Jedi are truly meant to do. Protecting the innocent of the galaxy."

"You make it sound so easy." Marcellus spoke.

"Believe me I know it won't be." I replied.

"That's an understatement. Even if we have personnel we will still need funding to get up and running. Not to mention a base of operations." Adi pointed out. "Oh and let's not forget how the Republic might view our actions and their response to a bunch of us Jedi leaving the order."

"Hence why I said we shouldn't rush into things. These details need to be ironed out." I said. "Though on a base of operations I think I have us covered. You guys know the planet Ossus?"

"The planet in the Outer Rim where the ruins of the Great Jedi Library stand." Marcellus spoke.

"Yes, that one. When I journeyed there I made several interesting discoveries." I spoke.

I then told them all about the Ysanna tribe.

"I think it will be a good place for us to set up. But we should look for others as well." I said.

"Yeah." Komari agreed.

"Well I think that's all for today." I said. "Oh and come to the Room of A Thousand Fountains tonight."

"Why?" Axton asked.

"It's where we're going to meet the others who have decided to join our little coalition." I spoke.

It seems my former master has been busy.

I can't wait to see who he's bringing to the table.

***

Returning Solar Wind to the temple my friends and I split apart.

Nightfall then came in the blink of an eye.

As I walked the temple corrridor's I arrived outside the entrance to the Room of A Thousand Fountains.

Entering I couldn't help but marvel at the waterfalls and various plants in the room.

I don't think calling it a room does this place justice. Its more like its own little world.

A world I will never get tired of seeing.

After a few more moments passed I walked deeper and deeper into the room until I arrived at the meeting spot.

When I did so I saw Axton and Komari. Along with Sifo-Dyas, Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Jedi master Tahl. Qui-Gon future lover.

They all looked towards me when I arrived.

"Hello there." I said.

Not being able to resist.

"What a cheeky boy you are." A male voice said behind me.

Whipping around I saw jedi master Tholme standing there. A smirk on his face.

"Good reflexes. You trained the boy well Sifo-Dyas." Tholme commented.

"That is his own skill I simply showed him the basics." Sifo-Dyas said.

Tholme nodded at my former masters words.

He then went to join the other masters.

Shortly after he arrived so did Kit, Adi, and Marcellus. Along with Jedi master T'ra Saa.

Thrones lover.

You know for an organization that doesn't allow relationships a lot of Jedi couples sure pop up.

I think I even remember something about Aston getting married in the future and having a secret family.

Though I'm not sure.

Eh, in time I'll see.

"Is this everyone?" I asked.

"For now." Sifo-Dyas answered.

"I see young Obi-Wan and Quinlan are not present." I spoke.

"We felt it best to wait until they are a bit older to bring them in on this." Qui-Gon spoke.

"Yes." Tholme agreed.

"Very well." I said. "Now then, down to business." I spoke. "As you all already know master Sifo-Dyas and I have both had visions of a horrible future. Where the Republic, the Jedi Order, and the entire galaxy becomes engulfed in darkness. To combat this coming darkness we are assembling a coalition of allies. One that will be able to fight against the darkness. Not bogged down by the Senate and in turn the Republic. But especially the current order."

"A fine words going Zobek." Dooku praised me.

"Thank you master Dooku. Now just to be clear here I do not intend to wage war on the order or the Republic. I am not trying to become Revan nor Skere Kaan."

"If any of us thought that we wouldn't be here." T'ra Saa spoke. "I have been in the order a long time and I can see how it has declined. Tis a sad thing."

"Truly." Dooku added.

"Yes, but that is one of the reasons we are all here right now isn't it?" Qui-Gon spoke.

"Yes." Tahl spoke. Her voice sounding like silk.

No wonder Qui-Gon loves her.

"Right. So as I was saying I am not looking to wage war. But war and darkness are coming and I'll be damned if I let red tape and policies stand in the way of protecting innocent people, myself, and those I call friends. To that end I would like us all to secede from the Order in over a decade. Once we have gathered enough support from outside the order and within to stand on our own two feet. We will then work to make Jedi what they were once again. Protectors for all." I explained.

"A dangerous plan." Qui-Gon said.

"I'm well aware of the risks. But drastic times call for drastic actions and I do not believe the council will act until its too late. As for the Senate, the less said about them the better." I spoke.

"I could not have found better words." Dooku spoke. Praising me once more.

I mean I knew grew apathetic to the current order and the Republic but I didn't know he was at this level yet.

Now I'm glad he's in my camp.

"So, we are all in agreement then?" Sifo-Dyas asked.

Everyone nodded.

Thus our coalition truly came into being.

***

The year 44 BBY was a time of change within the Jedi Order.

Though at the time no one knew so.

The events that took place during this year saw the formation of a small splinter group within the Jedi Order.

One's whose ideals differed from those of the mainstream order at the time.

This small splinter group would eventually grow. Encompassing many from within the then Jedi Order.

This in turn would lead to the event that would come to be known as Fifth Great Jedi Schism by future generations.

Yet another turbulent time in the history of the Jedi order.

However these events were the catalyst that catapulted the Jedi Order into a new direction and some say a new golden age.

Including the rise of one of the greatest Grand Masters the Jedi Order has ever seen.

Historical Records: Jedi Order Archives

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

33