Chapter 45 – End of the battle.
1.8k 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I got ready to go towards him, he released the arrow towards me, but I managed to predict how the arrow would take. It looked like he was an amateur in battles. This is strange.

I thought they were strong people since they travel alone like that, but it was easier than I imagined. I need to get this over with now.

After I dodged his arrow, he started reloading his bow with another arrow, but his speed to reload the bow was a little slow, and as my speed was a little faster, I made it in time.

"Shit-" I didn't even finish speaking, and I swung my sword towards his body, I thought about cutting his chest or head to kill him instantly, but he ended up dodging my attack.

I don't know if that counts as a diversion because he just lost an arm. The moment he pulled away, he put his arm in front of him to protect his body, then his arm went flying and fell a few meters away.

I thought he would cry out in pain, but he was putting up with all the pain he was feeling. I could see all the pain he was feeling in his expression; his face was contracting.

"Do you want to die?" I decided to ask to play a little, and he didn't answer, so I just finished him right there.

As he couldn't hold his bow any longer, he tried to hit me with his other hand that was still attached to his body, but he was too weak, he couldn't make a good fight, it was almost an immediate death.

I put my sword around his neck, and he fell there on the floor lifeless. He didn't say a word, and he didn't try to talk or run. I think he knew he would die anyway.

'Now ...' I looked at the man who was passed out a few meters away and started walking towards me. He's not dead yet. I need to get this over with before he gets up.

I approached him with my sword in my hand and then shoved it in his back; when I stuck the sword, he squirmed a little but soon stopped moving. He is dead.

It wasn't an excellent feeling to take these people's lives, but they deserved it, so I don't think I need to worry about it, but there's something more important to look at now, how's my aunt doing?

Haa ~~

Look at where my aunt was fighting, and I just sighed, those men had been dead for a long time, she was watching me, I think it was almost an instant death for them.

"It was a good fight, right?" My aunt approached me, smiling while stepping on the body of the man on the floor. I don't think she cares much about it.

"Yes, it was a little fun." I wouldn't say it was the best thing in the world, but I had a little fun fighting them. I think it's better than fighting weak monsters.

"Okay, now let's go back, I don't think there will be more of these men for a while."

"Do any of them show up?" I didn't know it happened, I thought it was just something that happened sometimes, but it seems to happen more often than I thought.

"A lot of them show up, it looks like they're after something, maybe they're after us? Who knows." Well, that could be it.

"I think they are not after us, they were going in the other direction, maybe there is something important nearby?" I was a little doubtful about it, I think if they were after us, they would go to the village, but these men were going in a different direction. They were just close.

"Who knows? I've never seen anything so important near the village. I will kill them if I find these groups, it's my job, right?" Well, it's true.

After this conversation, we got on the horse and started riding towards the village again; this was a good battle, but I'm still not satisfied with all that; I won't survive just that.

I'm still too weak to face a big army, I'll never be able to invade that place like that, but I wanted to do that as soon as possible.

"Are you worried about something? You're squeezing me more than usual." When I realized I was squeezing my aunt's belly very tightly.

I always hug her when we're on the horse, I'm a little afraid of falling off the horse, but it seems that she realized that I was worried, but I think I shouldn't talk to her about the reason.

I never said to my aunt, "I want to get strong to get in that place and get my mom out of there." I think if I said that, she would never accept it.

So I should cheat her a little bit.

"It's nothing, and I just thought that the village could be in danger if they find us." This is a reason, and a real sense, I think it was an excellent way to deceive her.

"Don't worry, even if they do, I'll still be there, right?" She looked confident, but she has reasons for that.

 

****

Help me and gain advanced chapters: https://www.patreon.com/igorsaw

50