Chapter 48 – Is there a treatment?
1.7k 4 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We're almost there, just hold on a little longer, you have to hold on, okay?" I put my hand on his face, and it was even colder, it looked like he was dead, it was distressing.

The only thing that kept me aware that he was still alive was his heavy breathing, but she was also getting weaker and weaker, he won't be able to last much longer if he keeps it up.

Slan ~~

"Faster." I need to do this, the horse has to get there as soon as possible, even if I don't want to hit him like that, I still need to do this.

I started to ride even faster through the forest, I got more and more distressed because I couldn't see her house, and more and more the leaves hit my face because of the density of the forest.

This process continued for a while until I could find her house, everything was dark, I spent a lot of time running through the forest, so the sun was already gone, so it was a little difficult to see.

Her house was also all dark, she is probably already asleep too, this is not a time when she would normally receive some kind of visit, so I understand why.
"Esmeldy" Will she wakes up?

"Esmeldy, please, I need your help." I started to knock on your door desperately while holding Benjamin in my arms, in fact, I was kicking the door because I couldn't use my hand at the moment.

I kept knocking and screaming for a while until I heard the lock on the door open.

"What happened, do you know what time it is?" Esmeldy came out of her pants-wearing some kind of clothes that looked like some kind of dress, it was probably the clothes she wore to sleep.

But I didn't have much time to think about it, I looked into her eyes, and then she looked into my arms and saw Benjamin unconscious, I think she understood at the time that something serious was going on.

"Come in, quickly, put him lying here." She didn't even bother to lock the door, she just asked me to put him lying on the sofa in his house, and of course, I did it, being careful not to hurt him.

"So, how did this happen?" After putting Benjamin on the sofa, she came over and started to examine him in some way, and taking advantage of that I started to tell everything that had happened.

I told him how it happened suddenly, everything was fine, but when we got home he was already like that, so I don't know if Benjamin was feeling something before and he didn't want to say anything.

Maybe he hid it so as not to worry us, but it was very irresponsible, if I had taken a little longer, he would have died on the way here.

"Listen, how long has he been like this?"

"I don't know exactly, but maybe half an hour ago, I left the village when the sun was setting, and now it's dark, so I don't think it was too long."

"I understand."

"Is he going to do something? He's not going to die, right?"

After my question, Esmeldy continued to examine him as if he had heard nothing, and shortly after that, he said.

"Carry him to the same room where your niece was treated, I can try to do something, but .."

"But?"

"Well, I think he's been like this for a long time, I don't know how he put up with it during that time, maybe since the time his niece was sick."

"No, it is impossible, he is a coward, he would not endure strong pain for long."

"Well, load it fast, I'll try to do something."

"You are not going to try, you have to do something." I know I'm being a bit of an idiot now, but I don't want anything bad to happen to him, I don't want him to die too.

Isn't it enough just to have lost so many people nearby, and having to abandon my sister like that? Now the person I love is going to die and I can't do anything.

'Shit, because I didn't notice anything before.' I was paying attention only to Yuukina, maybe at some point, he showed that he was feeling something, I should have been more helpful.

"Come on, you'll be fine." I held him in my lap and took him to the same room that Yuukina was in, then I put him in the same place that Yuukina was in, he would receive the same treatment, but will it be enough?

His situation is not like Yuukina, she just had no strength, it was as if her strength was limited by something, but with him it is different, it is as if they were sucking his life force, or maybe eating him from the inside.

'Stay well soon. "I left the room at Esmeldy's request and just started praying that everything would be okay.

 

****

Help me and gain advanced chapters: https://www.patreon.com/igorsaw

46