Chapter 72 – Adopt Lucy?
1.2k 0 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After all that work, everyone kept crying around the tombs of all those people, my aunt and I went to our house, we wanted to rest a little before thinking about what we could do.

After a little conversation between the two of us, we decided that we would move out of the village, we would leave this place behind, as it would not be good to live in a place where our friends died, and also humans could attack again.

We were still thinking of a way to tell everyone that we were going to move, but the way things are, it is better to tell quickly without too much suspense, I think everyone will accept it.

Even though they are leaving their relatives behind, they are already dead, and staying in this place is dangerous. We would also be leaving a very important relative behind, and it hurts.

As we continued to sit in the living room talking, I got into a slightly delicate subject.

"Listen, aunt, I want Lucy to come with us." It was a delicate matter because she was just a little girl, and now she has no family members left, and I want to keep Lucy by my side.

"But of course she will be going with us." My aunt replied without hesitation.

"This is not what I mean ... well ... I want her to be part of our family, for now, she is alone and I want her to be by my side, I promised her that we would find her mother, and I want to keep that promise. "

Yes, I had promised that even though I didn't know if it would be possible to do this, but I will try as hard as I can to make it come true, just as I want to find my mother again, I also want to make Lucy find her mother.

"I see, let me think ..." My aunt was silent for a while to make a little suspense, but then she replied: "Okay, but you promise to take good care of her, right?"

Wait, you're the adult here, you should also take a little responsibility to look after her. Well, I guess I better not say that maybe she'll change her mind.

"Okay, I'm going to take good care of her. I'm going to go to her house, I think she can leave now."

"Hm, but couldn't she know before?" My aunt asked curiously.

"I preferred to keep her away from the bodies, I don't think it would be a good idea for her to see what was going on outside."

"Now I understand, you did well to do that." My aunt smiled at me proudly.

This is no reason to be proud, it was the obvious thing to do, it would be a horrible thing to let a little girl like her see what was happening outside, she was the only child left besides me, I don't want her to be traumatized.

Even I, who already have a developed mind, was not able to deal with everything that was happening, I couldn't let it go through something like that, just suffering alone is enough.

And she is also my only friend, I can't let my friend go through this.
########
After finishing the conversation with my aunt, I went to Lucy's house, I would talk to her to make sure she would stay with us until we find her mother. I'm pretty sure she'll accept it, but it's best to ask her directly.

Arriving at her house the door was closed just as I had told her to keep the door, she also doesn't seem to have left the house, so I just opened the door without worries.

Even though the door was closed, it was not locked, so I managed to get in without too much trouble.

As soon as I entered the house I found Lucy lying and quiet on the sofa in her house when I looked around I realized that everything was already clean, she works hard to make her house very clean.

It must be hard to have to clean up her own father's blood, but she seems to have done it without a problem.

I approached her slowly so as not to scare her, but I realized that she was with her eyes closed and also sleeping soundly, she certainly was tired, she must have spent the night awake just like us.

So the only thing I could do was sit there with her and wait for her to wake up, I was really looking forward to lying down right there and sleeping, but I thought it better not to do that, it's good to be awake when she gets up.

Or was that what I was thinking, when I realized I was already lying on the couch with her, little by little I had been lying down without even realizing it, the tiredness seemed to have hit me.

Before long I was already sleeping next to Lucy.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 82), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

39