Chapter 82 – This place is fine.
753 0 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while, it was starting to get dark, and my aunt stopped everyone who was cutting the trees around. I looked at those people and thought that most of them would fall right there.

They were all sweating a lot and breathing heavily, many had red hands, I even thought the skin on their hands was coming off, but luckily it didn't reach that level.

'But it will certainly contribute with several calluses on the hand later.' Good thing I was used to swinging the sword, so I would have no problem with that.

Leaving all my observation aside, as soon as she gave the order for everyone to leave and rest, I got up quickly and walked towards her, being careful not to step on the blankets spread on the floor.

My aunt put her sword in the scabbard and soon after she noticed me.

"What was it? The work for today was finished, I think they trained a lot." Look, in fact, I think this training went a bit overboard. I looked at those people again and realized that some had already passed out.

"I think it was torture, don't you feel sorry for them?" I asked that with a smile, I was just playing with it.

"Well, if you think about it, I think that would also be torture." She smiled and stroked my head a little, after that she continued: "I'm just kidding, but then, what do you want with me? I need to take care of some things now." My aunt pointed to a group of people who were already starting to light a fire to cook our dinner.

"I just wanted to find a place for us to stay, everyone is settling in somewhere and I haven't found a place good enough to be together with you and Lucy." I looked at Lucy and she was still in the same place, not an inch moved.

I also looked at the place that I refused to stay, and it looks like someone had already settled there.

"Just that? Don't worry, come with me." She started walking and I followed after her, then we arrived at one of the parts that had just been cleaned, in fact, there were still some branches thrown by the place, so I helped my aunt to remove them.

After we removed all the branches from there, she said, "Call Lucy and bring your things, we can stay here." She smiled at me again, soon after that, she smiled at her as well: "Okay, I'm going to bring Lucy and let's understand the blankets here, could we stay here? Someone can steal our place."

"Hahaha, you're worrying for no reason, but that's okay, I'll stay here."
######
After I talked to my aunt, I went to the place where Lucy was and took my bag, I also took Lucy's hand and brought her with me, again being careful not to step on the blankets that were on the floor.

When I arrived at the place my aunt had booked, a person was standing there, I thought she was gone and that person was going to steal our place, but as soon as I approached that person, she left.

Apparently, my aunt had put this person there to guard our place, and after that, she went to help other people prepare dinner, the smoke was already everywhere.

So before doing anything else, I asked Lucy for help and we spread the blankets on the floor for the three of us, it was perfect. We were surrounded by other people, but this is better than being beside that "lake".

I looked at the place where the food was prepared and my aunt was there, she was not cooking, but she was giving orders to some people, she seemed to be keeping everything in order.

I don't think she must do this, those people would be able to do this on their own without having to take orders. But I won't say anything, my aunt seemed to be having fun running that "kitchen".

But either way, it won't last long.

"Hey, I'm hungry." As I sat on the floor distractedly while watching my aunt, Lucy pulled my hand a little to get my attention.

"Don't worry, the food is almost done." I put my mother on her head, acting like an older sister trying to reassure her younger sister. But when I realized what I was doing, I removed my hand from his head.

I shouldn't be so invasive that way, but since she didn't complain, I think it's okay.

After sitting still for a while waiting for the food to be ready, and also listening to other people's conversations around us, the food was finally ready.

We don't even have to get up to get food, as soon as the food was finished, my aunt brought us two containers of food, Lucy put a smile on her face as soon as she put the first spoonful of food in her mouth.

Of course, I also ate everything in a short time since I hadn’t eaten all day.

As soon as we finished eating, I lay down on my blanket that was lying on the floor and used my bag as a pillow, Lucy left beside me and we started looking up.

Nobody said anything, but because of what I had done during the day, it didn't take long for me to sleep.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 92), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

31