Chapter 85 – She is very good using a bow…
1.1k 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We entered the forest carefully and started looking for animals to slaughter, we were already a long distance from the camp, so no human-made voice or sound could be heard.

The only sound I could hear was that of birds and tree branches swaying because of the strong wind that had suddenly come. In addition to the strong wind, the sky also started to darken, a heavy rain was coming.

But as we couldn't stop here, and we needed to bring some food to the camp, even if it started to rain, we still needed to continue hunting, and nobody was against it.

Loriel already had his bow in hand, while the other three seemed distracted and didn't care much about hunting, he seemed to be following me, that's it. I confess that I felt like getting their attention, but I preferred to keep quiet and continue my searches.

We continued to walk for a while, controlling the strength of our stride so as not to make a sound. Even if there were no animals around, it was better to walk carefully, as we can find one at any time.

And after walking for a long time, I was already giving up, until a voice came from the back: "Everyone stopped, I heard something. There is certainly something here." Loriel spread her arms making Merilthir, Arthos, and Allia stop just behind her.

I also stopped and was completely silent.

Loriel started looking around, she was very focused on finding where the sound she had heard came from.

After a few minutes of looking around and concentrating on listening to the sound of the environment, Loriel aimed his bow at the right side of the people while hiding behind a tree. As much as I looked at where she was aiming, I couldn't see anything.

And in the next instant, the arrow came out of the bow at incredible speed, hitting its target instantly.

A cry could be heard, a pig's cry, it was certainly a boar, the type of animal that was most common in these forests.

"You are really good at this." I just managed to praise her for this feat, I really couldn't see anything in that place, does she have any kind of privileged vision? I'm a little jealous, but I'm also very happy to see it.

Allia and Merilthir also looked surprised and proud at the same time, since Aethos was acting as if nothing had happened, I feel that he is a guy who is not easily surprised, or maybe he has seen her using a bow before.

'I wanted to know why she didn't use all of her skill when we came hunting for the first time, but whatever, let's get this meat. It's certainly not enough, but at least let's go back with some meat 'I started walking in the same direction that she had shot her arrow.

"It's not over yet, let's go carefully, there are certainly more of them. I can hear very well." But before I could say anything more, or respond to my compliments, she took my hand and pulled me back again.

She pulled me very slowly, seemed to be careful not to hurt me, and then aimed again at the same place as before.

And again, yet another arrow shot and yet another cry from a boar, even without seeing anything, I knew it had been a straight shot. And that happened three more times, totaling a total of five dead boars.

I couldn't even do anything, she did all the work for me, I have to say that I feel a little frustrated.
########
When she authorized us to approach, walking a few meters ahead and we found the bodies of the five wild boars, they were all close, but they were not together, she killed an entire group of wild boars very easily, what a scary woman.

As there were five wild boars, everyone would carry one, as their weight was too great. As I had trained a lot, the weight was not much for me, but Allia and Merilthir seemed to be having difficulties.

Aethos was just carrying his boar on his back and said nothing, he didn't seem to be suffering from his weight.

I couldn't carry it like it because of my size, so I went in and decided to drag it. It was a little more difficult than normal because of the roots in the ground, but I made it to camp.

When Allia arrived she was panting, I thought she would pass out at any moment, I was wondering if she really was a warrior who fought with a sword. Merilthir looked normal, even though she had some difficulty at first, she was doing just fine now.

Aethos also seemed to be doing well.

We arrived at the camp and put the boars in one place by order of my aunt, apparently the job of cleaning the bodies would be left to other people, and I am grateful for that, I certainly could not do something like this.

"You guys did a good job, I think it will last for a while" My aunt looked pleased, but she also looked a little uncomfortable.

"Did something happen? You don't look well." I decided to ask to make sure everything was fine.

"Yes, you are, I just don't feel good about sending you out to hunt like that, and I'm also very tired."

"I trained for that, didn't I? Although I didn't try anything this time, Loriel did all the work."

"She's very good using a bow, isn't she? I knew she would be useful."

"So you knew she was so good? I still don't know why she didn't use all that skill when we went hunting for the first time."

At my words, my aunt just laughed and soon went back to work. She needs to get some rest. But since I had nothing to do now, I decided to go back to Lucy's side, I don't want her to feel alone or out of place.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 94), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

30