Chapter 1: Chopping Trees During the Moon Lord Fight
648 10 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Which game do you like better?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.

Feng's room is dark as the moonless night, save for his computer screen; he prefers his room to be dark when gaming. That has recently been a very frequent activity because it’s summer now, but all of his 2 friends are still attending classes. 

 

Feng is your average Uni student and casual video game addict. 

 

Casual, because he hasn't played too many titles; like, at most a dozen and a half. This is because his computer isn't powerful enough to run most games. 

Additic, because for those titles he did play, Feng has at least 1000 hours on them, each. Totally normal human behavior. 

 

His 10-year-old laptop is quite a potato; even Minecraft needs to be set on a pretty low viewing distance in order to run smoothly. Woe to the gamer who hath not the equipment that can satisfy his desire. However, as a result, Feng has instead discovered some of the most replayable Indie games out there.

 

[Dead Cells]

[Hollow Knight]

[Katana Zero]

[The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth]

 

Amongst those games that he can run, his favorites are no doubt the masterpieces of the 2D, 2.5D, and 3D sandbox video games: [Terraria], [Don't Starve], and [Minecraft] respectively. 

 

During the period of time when Genshin Impact advertisements were literally everywhere, he gave it a try as well. Surprisingly, on the absolute lowest settings, his waffle iron of a laptop can actually run it. 

 

“Hey, playable anime, why not?” Feng said to himself. And like that, he was hooked. 

 

Until some months later when the grinding and the lack of meaningful content slowed his play rate down to the current point, where he'd only do the dailies, spend his resins, and close the game to play something else. 

 

Why even bother doing the story quests if he could just watch the plot on YouTube? After all, whoever makes those videos has much better graphics than he does. 

 

One day, Feng finishes his dailies and resins in Genshin, as usual, then turns to play Minecraft. He suddenly remembers that old world of his; the one that he created back in 1.6.4, and had been playing for nearly 7 years. 

 

It was when Minecraft first introduced horses and donkeys to the game, and Feng at that moment just decided that he would stick to one world for years to come.  

 

Looking back, he has several largest maps explored, and several towns built. A city with fully automated everything using redstone, including a mob grinder. There are countless giant pixel art for nearly every character from his favorite video games, and even a room full of collections of every attainable game item. 

 

Was it mentioned that Feng really likes sandbox games? 

 

Revisiting this old world hits Feng with a rush of nostalgia, and he is also reminded of how his friend introduced Terraria to him after seeing him spending way too much time in Minecraft. 

 

Similar to Minecraft, that 1500+ hours of Steam play time for Terraria tells a story. 

 

Standing up to stretch after the nostalgic moment, Feng opens his light-proof blinds and opens his windows to get some air. Luckily for him, it is currently raining outside, so he didn't get a flash-bang grenade to the face. 

 

The fresh air clears his mind, and the refreshing stretch brings Feng to a sudden realization: “Wait, that old Minecraft world isn't backed up!”

 

Unlike Terraria where you can back up characters and worlds in the steam cloud saves, in Minecraft, the world file is only stored in the player's own computer. Therefore, Feng takes out a USB drive and begins backing up that file. 

 

It'd literally kill him if he were to lose that old world of his. 

 

This is precisely why a chill runs down Feng's spine when he sees that cutting and pasting a file folder has caused his ancient laptop to stop responding. 

 

And no, not Minecraft; Windows has stopped responding.

-----

The rain is heavy out on the street, but that won't stop the backbone of the country's economy: the truck driver, from doing his duty. 

 

“It is my duty to deliver products!” Affirms the truck driver, speaking out loud to himself. “This is the purpose of my existence! It is NOT something as ridiculous as sending some protagonist of a web novel reincarnating to another world! NOT! I say! NOT!” 

 

Despite his affirmation, a very average, very reincarnatable student still appeared in the middle of the road for no explicable reason. 

 

The truck driver spots that and immediately begins to turn his steering wheel at high velocity. His truck goes from wobbling to full-on drifting, and after an 18000-degree mid-air turning by flipping maneuver, the truck barely misses that supposed “protagonist”. 

 

The concrete utility pole on the side of the street brought the truck that hit it to a stop, and the thumping sound of the powerline falling kept the driver awake. 

 

Meanwhile, Feng is sweating bullets at the sight of his laptop crashing during his Minecraft world backup when all of a sudden:

 

Pop!

 

A sharp electrical sound silences the entire room. 

 

No more is the sound of the laptop fan roaming, nor is the light of the screen flickering. Feng stands in a near-completely darkened room in disbelief.

 

“Po… Power outage!?”

 

He frantically searches in his dower for that laptop battery that he hasn't touched in years. Even at the risk of it catching fire again, Feng is still determined to make sure of one thing: is his Minecraft world okay?

 

“Oh no, oh please no! Oh no no no no no no no!” 

 

But after finally turning up his computer, accompanied by some suspicious electrical noises, Feng can no longer stand the sight of his now empty folders. 

 

“Pffffff!”

 

He starts to vomit blood like a firehose at the sight of his now-lost world. Within seconds, he passes out. 

 

“Ding! Congratulations user, you have successfully sent yet another web novel protagonist reincarnating to another world!”

 

In the now-ruined truck, the driver is just barely conscious, but that text-to-speech sound wakes him fully by shock.

 

“What!? System! Explain yourself right now! What do you mean I've sent another person reincarnating!? Who did I even hit!? The utility pole!?” The truck driver shouts in anger. 

 

“Achievement unlocked: This is the purpose of my existence.”

 

Gathering his thoughts, the truck driver begins to look around, and the power line post that his truck had hit really did disappear. 

 

“What the f$@k!?”

-------

After what felt like an entire lifetime, Feng finally wakes up. He sits up from the soft grassland and finds himself in a totally strange place. He’s outside, and nature surrounds him. The sun is shining, the wind blows lightly, and the ancient Liyue is beset by an ocean demon and a mountain dragon. 

 

Seeing no one around him, Feng notices the bottom left corner of his sight. Focusing his vision, Feng discovers that it is a few lines of text:

 

“Welcome, ‘Terrarian’ has joined the ‘World of Teyvat’.”

“‘Block System’ Activated.”

 

Feng: “???”

 

“Wait what? What’s Terrarian? What’s Teyvat? Genshin!? Terraria!?!? Wait a minute MY MINECRAFT WORLD!!!!”

 

*skipping about 1000 words of the MC’s Blah blah blah me-so-sad monologue. 

 

“I see,” Feng says with a sigh. “So I must have died from blood loss after vomiting too much blood out of sadness, upon losing my old Minecraft World.” 

 

Feng begins to tinker with that dialogue box at the bottom left of his vision. Seeing a scrollbar, he imagines it being pulled. Just like with a computer, the scrollbar of the dialogue box moved revealing texts from above: 

 

“Terrarian died from choking on his own blood.”

 

“...”

 

“What the FUUUUUUUUU-”

 

*skipping to when the MC finally calms down.

 

“Okay, okay, okay, I see. I’m the Terrarian. So this block system is for sure from Terraria.” Feng then begins to look around, wishing to see that familiar UI from his favorite game. But besides the dialogue box, he sees nothing out of the ordinary. 

 

He walks to a nearby lake to review his own appearance. He still has the body of a human male. He’s wearing a brand-new outfit. It appears modern, yet, has a tad of ancient fashion. His face has been altered slightly: Feng is now almost as handsome as the readers. 

 

“Huh, wow! I look great!”

 

But as Feng admires the new changes, a bump rises from the surface of the lake. Soon after, a water ball launches out of the lake right at him. 

 

“A water slime!? OW!”

 

Feng is knocked a couple of meters away by the water slime that was only as tall as his knees. Feng rolls on the ground a bit before finally coming to a stop. That brand-new outfit is caked in mud and dirt. Inside his stomach now feels like there’s a tsunami, and he barely suppresses the urge to vomit. Not to mention the stub-your-toe-against-a-table level of pain. Though Feng is still in awe of his reincarnation, in the face of such atrocity, he runs away out of his body’s natural instincts for self-preservation. 

 

Luckily the smile isn’t exactly speedy. 

 

After his escape, Feng collects himself and begins to assess. Even a slime can knock him out. This reincarnation isn’t going to be one of those “I have a system and can murder the final boss on Day 1” kinds of reincarnation. Feng hides behind a few trees and hears muffled thumps from the other side of the mountain behind him. 

 

Oh yeah right, there's a mountain beside him. 

 

It sounds like there’s a battle somewhere in that direction, and the earth beneath Feng’s feet will periodically quicken. 

 

"Okay, I don't feel safe. Gotta do something about it."

 

As someone who has played sandbox games for over a decade, Feng is very familiar with how progression begins. Tree = wood = crafting bench = literally everything. 

 

Knowing that, Feng turns towards the nearest tree and takes a swing at it with his fist.

 

Bang! 

 

He hears a crack, but the tree remains in perfect condition. 

 

*Tom cat screaming.mp3

 

"Alright, that's it! I wanna go home! I don’t want to be in Teyvat anymore! I want Wifi! I want cola! Mom come pick me up I’m scared! ESC!”

 

Feng cries out, but right after the word “ESC” appears in his mind, he suddenly sees his own inventory. That’s right, the Block System indeed corresponds to the video game Terraria. 50 inventory slots appear at the top right corner of Feng’s vision. 4 extra slots for money, and 4 more for ammo. On the left side of his vision, Feng sees three roles of 9 slots, respectively for dyes, cosmetics, and equipment. For that third role, 3 slots are for the armor pieces, and 6 are for accessories.

 

“Oh hey! It really is Terraria!” Feng speaks out loud. Finally, something he feels intimately familiar with. However, “Wait a minute, 6 accessory slots!?” 

 

Feng feels a slight shiver down his spine. In Terraria, accessories grant the users special effects or abilities. Safe to say, the more accessories one can equip, the stronger one will be. The number of slots, however, changes based on the game’s difficulty. Seeing 6 slots, Feng deduces that right now, he’s either in Expert Hard mode or Master Pre-hard mode. 

 

Either way, this world isn’t going to be kind to him. 

 

“Holy crap, it’s a high-difficulty run. No wonder a slime could send me flying.” Feng sighs, but soon, his eyes are burning with excitement. 

 

With a smile, Feng begins to inspect his “starter” equipment. 

 

A Legendary Solar Flare Pickaxe.

 

A Legendary Stardust Hamaxe.

 

A piece of the Grand Design.

 

A Shellphone.

 

And a portal gun. 

 

Of course, all of those items combined are not as exciting to Feng as that beautiful, shining, Unreal Celebration Mk2. The Celebration Mk2 (Mark 2) is the strongest rocket launcher in Terraria. It is also, at the same time, one of the most efficient mining tools in Terraria. If you consider blasting through the map with explosives as mining. 

 

With this arsenal, Feng is feeling out of this world. He remembers that slime from a while ago, and decided to take his revenge. Thus, the scene of a young man walking like a Daddy long leg with a massive bazooka on his shoulder towards a lake happened. 

 

Feng takes aim at the smile, who now has spotted Feng again. It jumps towards the man, one jump, two jumps. Feng is completely unafraid of the water ball now and is allowing it to get close for a proximity impact. 

 

“Say hello to my little BOOMSTICK! You booger!” Feng excitedly announces. 

 

*Click. 

 

*Click Click

 

A few seconds later, the number of the slime population remains the same. 

 

It was at this moment that Feng knew, he had no rockets. 

 

Feng scrambles to get away from the slime as he sees it jumping toward him. Even the slime, which is an elemental creature of relatively low intelligence, is currently looking at Feng like he’s an idiot. Since the slime has already approached Feng, it is close enough to headbutt him again. This time right on to his bottom. 

 

Feng is sent rolling like a ball on the ground. He quickly switches his weapon to the Solar Flare Pickaxe and takes a heavy swing at the slime. As the pick passes through the slime, sizzling of vaporizing water sounds can be heard, but after that attack, nothing happened to the slime. 

 

“Wait what!? WHY!?” Feng screams, before receiving another headbutt. 

 

Around the corners of Feng’s vision now turns to a translucent red shade, signifying the state of his current condition. Feng realizes that he isn’t able to see his health or mana bar like in the game, but this red effect probably means something bad. 

 

“Maybe Terraria works differently because I’m now in Genshin?” Feng wonders, but he does not have the time to think too deeply about this topic. He quickly runs away from the lake, not even stopping after he is long out of the slime’s agro range. 

 

To his surprise, even after running as fast as he could for several minutes, Feng felt no exhaustion. He didn’t even break a sweat. Side note, no, this guy doesn’t exercise; the most he moves in his daily life is from his room to his fridge. 

 

“I guess something did change. Ow, my butt.”

 

He has had enough of all those bullsh!t. Feng takes out his hamaxe and in one swing, takes down a full-grown tree. The legendary stardust hamaxe cut through the tree like paper. The tree falls, and after a few seconds, the timber changes to wood and acorns and enters Feng’s inventory. He immediately replants the acorns near where the tree was. It's a habit from his gameplay. 

 

Realizing that he’s probably safe for the moment, Feng begins crafting. First a workbench, then a full set of wooden armor. Even though the wooden armor is the weakest of all Terraria armor, Feng figured that it’d provide at least a placebo level of reassurance. That would have been the case, if it weren’t for the constant Dendro icon that appeared near his inventory, signifying that wearing the armor means that he’d be constantly infused with the Dendro element. 

 

In Genshin Impact, there are 7 types of elemental power, with various reactions amongst each other, constituting a relatively unique and interesting combat system for the video game. When an enemy has different elements infused into itself, reactions occur, often being the primary source of damage. This also means that you usually won’t want any element to be infused onto yourself.

 

Feng is not too familiar with the newest type of reaction that involves Dendro, but in his memory, they look like either land mines or guided missiles. 

 

Remembering that, he decides to take the wooden armor off. He then also discovers that he does not have the ability to delete any item. 

 

"This block system ain't very complete it seems. Maybe it sacrificed an arm and a leg for something in its past." 

 

Feng throws the armor to one side and begins planning his next move. A relaxed Terraria player can slowly explore the world around himself, but that is not the case with Feng, not with all those battle noises and earthquakes from the other side of the mountain. Right now what worries him the most is that he isn’t sure if he’s capable of respawning after death, and he is not going to test that out. Therefore he needs to ensure his safety in this world full of gods and monsters. Time is of the essence, and Feng brainstorms possible ways for him to power up. 

 

Since he is in the world of Teyvat, he may be able to use elemental power. If that’s the case, it’s probably from a Vision, granted by the gods, allowing him to use one of the seven elements: Pyro (fire), Hydro (water), Anemo (wind), Electro (electricity), Dentro (Plant),  Cryo (ice), and Geo (Rock). That said, Feng does not have a Vision, and he does not know where or how to get one. 

 

In the game, the protagonist of Genshin obtained elemental power from contacting the Statue of the Seven, which are statues of the seven Archons (gods) in Teyvat, erected within their respective nations. Feng is not sure where he currently is, and there are no statues in sight.

 

Of course, for the Genshin protag, there’s also another key element to his/her elemental power: Paimon. In the game, the protag caught Paimon while fishing, but that isn’t really too attractive to Feng right now. 

 

He has a slight case of H2O PTSD. 

 

Since Genshin Impact isn’t too open to him right now, Feng turns his attention to the Block System. After all, the Mk2 is a power weapon; it’s just temporarily the equivalent of a plunger because of his lack of rockets. 

 

Starting in Terraria, there are several routes to powering up: Exploration and opening chests, mining, fishing, killing monsters, having a friend who has finished the game give you a full set of end-game equipment, etc.

 

Normally, Feng likes to mine, but due to him not being able to beat even a slime, he has no material to make any torches. If he were to mine, he’ll have to do it blindly. Therefore, the young man decides to explore and open a few chests. He knows that both games have those. If anything, at least he should find a weapon first. 

 

Viewing his inventory, there’s not a single damage-dealing item right now. The tools that can normally dish out melee DMG are, for some reason, malfunctioning. This gives Feng further incentive to obtain something that he can use to defend himself. He sets off on his journey, not knowing what to expect. For example, Feng is unaware that had he been reincarnated sooner into the world of Teyvat, he would have seen an additional message in his dialogue box: 

 

Impending doom approaches...

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the mountain. 

 

“Order Guide You!”

 

The Geo Archon Morax is currently facing the most powerful foe he has ever encountered in his life. For a god who has lived for over 3000 years, that’s saying something. In front of the Archon is an enormous monster of immeasurable strength. 

 

Its enormous body fell to the ground, barely covered by the mountain beside itself, after being hit by countless Geo meteorites. The top part of the monster’s skull is missing, exposing its pulsing, fluorescent brain.  Five ominous eyes are inlaid on its face, each glowing an aurora-like green hue. Its chin is covered with various tentacles as if they were its beard. The Moon Lord is a terrifying foe. Even Morax, who is currently the strongest Archon in Teyvat, is slowly feeling exhausted battling against it. 

 

Despite the fact that all eight of the Moon Lord’s tentacles on its lower body are pinned to the earth by Morax using eight sky-piercing Geo spears, the demon's presence alone is weathering away Morax’s strength. During its first appearance, many citizens of Liyue fell into madness just from witnessing its existence. The mind-breaking effect surpasses that of the infamous Archon Residue. Not even the Adepti, a group of people and mythical beasts who are closer to god than mortals, can resist the Moon Lord’s radiating presence.  

 

As a result, Morax ordered all his Adepti to evacuate the citizens away from the battleground. He will face the monster by himself. However, Morax too, dares not to underestimate this effect. 

 

“This feeling, it’s Erosion! And it’s happening frighteningly fast.” The Geo Archon can’t help but utter at his discovery. 

 

At this point, all he can still be glad for is the fact that this battle happened pretty far away from Liyue Harbor. Even if his shield of jade can protect him from the Moon Lord’s Phantasmal Deathray, the shield can not effectively prevent its destruction to the environment. Had this battle taken place right in the harbor, the wrecking would have been devastating. After all, the harbor’s establishment has only recently begun. 

 

“I have no interest in the likes of you. Bring forth the Tera Archon! God of Land! He is the only one whose existence is not permitted in the world of Teyvat!” The Moon Lord makes no sound, yet his voice echoes directly within Morax’s mind. 

 

The Geo Archon frowns slightly. He isn’t confident that he is entirely capable of suppressing this monster. That said, as the God of Contract, who has promised his people protection; there’s absolutely no way that he’d allow the Moon Lord’s continual presence at Liyue. 

 

“I am the Geo Archon, Morax. Though I also have many names. Amongst them, I am also referred to as the Lord of Rock. Am I the one you sought after?”

 

“The likes of you can not possibly compare to the Tera Archon! Even if you currently dwarf his power, he is still the only one capable of entirely overthrowing the balance of this world! That’s an insurmountable feat for the likes of you! And also precisely why he can not remain!”

 

“I do not know this Tera Archon that you spoke of. Yet I can not permit this devastation to continue!” Morax replies as he once again begins to gather his elemental power. The center of his eyes and the ends of his hair begin to glow a golden light. 

 

“The creature of this land can not withstand my existence, for it is beyond their comprehension. As a result, those who laid eyes on me shall fall into insanity. But what does that have to do with me?” Mood Lord explains; his voice appearing directly within Morax’s mind. He clenches his teeth as he resists the weathering effect of this ancient horror of the unknown. 

 

“Demon of the Lunar Core! Cease your savagery this instant!”

 

Morax is slightly shocked by the voice he just heard, as he remembers ordering all others not to approach the battlefield. Who could that have been? To add to his confusion, many glowing leaves are floating toward him and the Moon Lord. Despite the howling wind and various shockwaves, those leaves appear unaffected. 

 

At first, the Geo Archon thought that the Greater Lord Rukkhadevata (Dendro Archon) was responsible for this, but looking back, Morax instead sees a group of forest dwellers. They appear youthful, though they are on average centuries old. Some process jade-like beauty, while others display elegant proportions. Leaves and vines lightly cloth them, covering only the sensitive spots. The group approaches the monster with their arms extended. Green orbs manifest on the palms of each of their hands, drawing the power of nature. The floating leaves are guided to surround Morax, expanding into a forcefield that relieved the Archon of the Moon Lord’s erosion. 

 

“You are, the Dryads?” Morax exclaims. 

 

“God of Contract, may we Dryads sign a Contract with you? We are willing to seal this monster away at the cost of our lives, but as a trade-off, we wish that the people of Liyue will guard the resources of the Jungle and not collect from it.” The most stunning-looking Dryad loudly announces her request to Morax. It appears that this is the chief of the Dryad tribe. 

 

Morax falls silent for a short moment. Those dryads may appear to be negotiating, but Morax understands that they are actually pleading. He knows that even if he refuses to sign this contract, the Dryads will still be willing to sacrifice themselves to seal away this monster. It is worth noting that the Ancient Jungle can offer much more resources than just timber. Various types of food, exotic creatures, and most importantly rare types of valuable medicinal herbs, can only be found within that Ancient Jungle. If the people of Liyue give up that land of treasure, it would certainly slow down the nation’s development. Not to mention that the Jungle is currently unclaimed territory. 

 

“The contract has been set in stone. One who breaks the contract shall suffer the wrath of the rock!” Morax loudly declares. 

 

With a gentle smile and a bit of relief, the chief leads her tribe to muster all the strength they could. Their blessing expands in size and intensity within seconds. 

 

“And with that, Teyvat will no longer have the Irminsul!”

 

The Moon Lord raises his hand, and the eyeball that is in his palm forces itself out. Six Phantasmal Spheres group into a hexagonal formation. Accompanied by a barrage of Phastsmal Bolts, they rain down upon the Dryads. 

 

“I will have orders!”

 

Morax turns back towards the Moon Lord. Crossing his arms, the Archon manifests six meteorites along with countless geo spears in the sky, launching them all toward the Moon Lord’s attack. The spheres and the meteorites clash, causing explosions that nearly tear the sky open. 

 

“Stabilize!”

 

The Archon raises one of his arms, and six gigantic stone steles that are tall as the mountain rise from the earth around the Dryads. A golden light bounces across each of the pillars, eventuating in a Jade Shield wall that covers half of the battlefield from the Moon Lord’s atrocities. It fires one final Phantasmal Deathray at its foe, but the ray is now weakened, unable to even shake the godly barrier. 

 

The Dryads combine their strength. Meanwhile, a silver-white tree in the faraway underground sees cracks appearing on its trunk. The power stored within the Irminsul is summoned by the Dryads, along with their own life force, to suppress the Moon Lord. Due to its lower body being heavily damaged by the Geo Spears, the tentacles fade into nothing but particles. And as for its upper body, it is broken apart and sealed away one by one. The Moon Lord’s eye, brain, spine, and skeleton transfer into lights of four colors, scattered across the Land of Teyvat. Such a seal is the result of the entire Dryads tribe exhausting their life collectively. 

 

Despite all of this, the Moon Lord appears unfazed. There’s not a single speck of fear felt by the monster, only slight confusion. It does not understand, and asks the Dryads: “What is the meaning behind this action?”

 

The chief lets out a smirk and answers: “Oh you of all things will never understand. You are but a being that brings only atrocities to the world. May you rest forever in pieces!”

 

With its curiosity unsatisfied, the Moon Lord transforms into four beams of light: Orange, Blue, Green, and Violet. They shoot into the sky like a firework, then scatter to various parts of the land. This kind of “seal” is incapable of destroying the Moon Lord. To it, this act of sealing was not even considered an obstacle. After all, this being exists outside the concept of time and therefore is not bound by it. However, the Dryads’ sacrifice did manage to bring the Land of Teyvat several thousand years of recovery time. 

 

After the Irminsul’s power is exhausted, it becomes fully cracked and crumbles in the underground. 

 

The Dryads themselves too are meeting their ends. Orbs of green light slowly begin to float out of each of the Dryads’ bodies. Each time an orb floats out, their bodies become slightly more translucent. 

 

During their disappearance, the Dryads turn toward Morax, and the chief says: “Lord of Geo, thank you for signing our contract. In order to suppress that monster, the Irminsul has entirely crumbled. From this moment on, Teyvat’s history will no longer be recorded by it, although the lay lines will persist. Since that's the case, Morax, if you would, why not search for a way to record the world’s history? Because there’s something that us Dryads want you to remember.”

 

The chief takes a deep breath and continues: “We Dryads did not sacrifice ourselves for anyone or any gods. We did this, all for a single reason, and that is to protect this world that we love.”

 

“I understand,” Morax replies. “And I will remember this by heart, just as our contract.”

 

He watches as the tribe of Dryads slowly fades into the orbs of green lights that float into the sky. By now there are but a few Dryads still remaining. 

 

The chief is one of the last Dryads to disappear. And right before that, she looks back at the Archon and adds: “Oh! Right! We Dryads still have one last child currently in hibernation. It is going to be her duty to assist the Tera Archon in cleansing this world of Corruption and the Crimson. Should fate bring the two of you to meet, may it be a peaceful one.”

 

Morax now stands alone amongst the air filled with orbs of floating green light. After the lights fly away, the Adepti gather around their Archon. Seeing that the calamity has been resolved, they proceed to express their gratitude for Morax’s victory. Back in Liyue Harbor, Marchosius, the God of Stove and Patron (Guoba), relays the state of battle to the people. All citizens bow towards the direction of the mountain in appreciation of Rex Lapis (Morax), who has once again protected their safe harbor.  

 

The entire Liyue is in a state of cheer and joy, except Morax himself; he stares expressionlessly at the golden statue and the mysterious bag left behind by the tentacle giant. The statue does not appear special in any way. On the other hand, the bag has an ominous-looking eyeball on it. The same one as the Moon Lord’s. Periodically, it’d even blink. 

 

Morax is unable to open the bag, so he stores both items away. The Geo Archon then turns toward the white crane next to him. 

 

“Cloud Retainer.” Moraxs voice is calm, but the Adeptus still senses a hint of exhaustion from her Archon. 

 

“What’s your order, Rex Lapis?” The Crane replies. Her voice resembles that of a mature lady. 

 

“From this day on, we should be on the lookout for a certain Archon.”

 

“An Archon?”

 

“Yes. The Tera Archon. God of  Land. Should we ever encounter each other, I wish to make a friend out of him.” 

 

Meanwhile, Feng, who still hasn’t figured out how to open his map, has coincidentally returned to his spawn point after his exploration. If any of his hunter-gatherer ancestors witnessed his journey, they’d be utterly ashamed of his upside-down-snail-level of poor navigation skills. 

 

Feng has gathered a whopping 9 carrots and 7 cabbages from more than a dozen chests he opened in the past couple of hours. Plus like a thousand Mora. He approaches the lake, disappointed and still worrying about that slime from before. But instead, he sees a puddle of water on the grassland underneath a heavy stick of concrete. When he gets close, a few slime condensate and some Mora fly into his inventory. It would appear that the concrete has crushed that water slime to death. 

 

Feng inspects the concrete and mutters to himself in confusion: “This is… a utility pole?”

23