Chapter 4: Father
907 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry of the late update. I was constantly changing the story a bit to fill some plot holes. And I had to split the chapter in twos. I will update again on Wednesday to make it up and the one shot will be part of the story will be update on Friday and another chapter on Saturday. I had another onshot but it is under a re write cause I suck at comedy.

---//////////:::;&(&(&(&&)&)&)&)&)&)&)&)

Keep on smile, I told myself. I tried to keep calm and be as normal as I can while cussing fate in my head.

 

Feng Hong bowed to me and I bowed back.

 

With the brightest (fakest) smile the world had ever know, I gave Hong the best plesentries that I can currently give while gritting my teeth.

 

"Greetings your Highness. How are you enjoying your trip so far?"

 

" my trip so far had been wonderful. The Qi kingdom is very beautiful. The citizens are happy and there is you."

 

What he said shocked me. I was confused. Since when did he ever cared about me? Why now?

 

"thank you for your kind words." I saw that from the direction he was coming from he was just finished meeting up with my father. "Was there anything wrong? I can see that you had just came from my father's place. Did he...say anything that had offended you."

 

My father may be one of the greatest emperors in our dynasty but he has a lot of flaws. And one of the flaws is he excessive gushings about his children and how they are better than anyone else.

 

Feng Hong looked at me and laugh. "Not really.Hahaha. We just had a great time talking about you and a diplomatic talk for the future." He gave me a soft smile that made my heart beat rapidly. 

 

But wait..... Me???

I gave him a confused looked and he just laughed again and went on his merry way. I looked at his retreating back and wondered if the world had gone to hell. In all of our past lives together he had never laughed that way to me nor to others. But whatever. I need to focus on my current task and met my father so I turned back to my original path and continued forward.

----------------------------------------------------

Dragon Palace

I was quietly sipping on tea while waiting for my father. My father the emperor is a wonderful rule. His presence is enough to end a battle whether at war or in a politic battle. He is a sly and ruthless man whenever the situation calls for it. To the people, he is majestic and kind. To his friends and family, he is just a helpless pervert who can not keep it in his pants!! 

 

Thinking about what a sorry figure he truly makes me so angry that I nearly broke my teacup that I was drinking from.

 

When that pervert first married my mother, she did not leave the bed for a month!! Day and night that pervert continued to love her while leaving all of his work to his brothers. Once the honeymoon was over, all of my uncles left the palace and never returned. All contacts were cut off and because of that, I had never met any relatives of my father's because they had all ran away trying to escape from work.it was not only the siblings that ran away, but also that idiot's uncles, aunts, and cousins all ran away cause none of them wanted the throne. 

 

The Yu Dynasty is filled with runaways who always tries to find a way to escape the throne for whatever reason. The only reason why we have not fallen yet is because every member of the Royal family is all competent and very talented, not to mention we are all also followed by very competent subjects. The Royals are so talented that they try to push their accomplishments onto others in order to avoid standing out and to avoid competition of the competition for the throne. Because of how liberal the Royals were, the Qi nation ended up being very liberal too. Same-sex marriage legalized, women have the same rights as men, and slavery is illegal. 

 

While the other royals of other nations fight each other for the throne, we the Yu dynasty would run away and leave the jobs to others. I can't help but twitch my eyebrows at this thought. Sigh....but I can't really complain cause I am also one of those runaways.

 

Anyway, my father was an extreme pervert. He was always constantly sexually frustrated that my mother the Empress, his wife, went out and sought out concubines for him just so she can have some rest without dealing with his horny personality. The plan worked...only when mother was pregnant. The concubines' attempt to climb the bed would always fail and they somehow or another ended up with some random scandals that left them discovered and thrown out of the palace. And the culprit was none other than the emperor himself. The only consorts that have not been kicked out yet are the ones who are either sterilized, smart enough to not do stupid things, or those kept by father to vent out his sexual frustration. Father had always taught us to never go against anyone unless they started the fight then we can end the fight with a bang.

 

That man is also my trauma to never ever want to be Emperor again. I was only 4yr when I caught him doing mother in the th-

 

"The Emperor is back!" A shrieking voice yelled out.

 

I put my cup down, bowed and greeted my father. "Greeting to you Father Emperor! May the gods bless you"

 

"good. You may now raise and sit". My father who was wearing the color of the ruler dismissed me.

 

I did what he said and called for the servant to pour more tea.

 

" What have you come today for my son? Have you come to offer your love to your father" he gave a stupid looking face that was filled with love. Sadly his stupid looking face can piss a lot of people and I am one of those people.

 

I nearly did a spit take when he said this. I took a deep breath and calmed myself and tried not to punch is face.

 

"Nonsense. I am here to play a game with you." I waved my hand and a servant cleared the table and placed down a checkered board while my father gave me a sad yet droopy face that looks like as if a dog had been kicked in the guts. " you win I will do whatever you want and if I win you will fulfill one wish of mine. I did not care about my image nor care about playing the good son in front of him. If I actually do that then he would treat me as if I was a toddler and try to get me to sleep beside him. Not only he was a perverted wife-con, but he was also a soncon and a daughtercon to the point of annoyance.

And of course started to be silly and whined.

 

" ahhhrgh. Cries. My dear son is all now grown up so now he no longer loves me." he ran to his bed and pulled out a portrait of mother under his pillow. " honey our dear son is rebelling!! I remember how he was such a lovely son always going 'Papa! Papa!' Giving me a big kiss whenever he sees me! Sneaking into my bed when he wet himself...." he continued to drones on and on to mother's portrait.

 

That old man needs a doctor. Even better an assassin would be very helpful right now. I can not help but retort to myself.

 

" Father!that is enough!! I had never voluntarily kissed you! It who went on attacking me! And it was you who would climb onto my bed when mother kicked you out!" my patience snaps and I banged the table for his attention. He stopped crying and looked a be with a pitiful look and sniffed a bit before he went back to crying and whine to my mother how I was now yelling at him. 

 

Ahhh. I gave up, sat down and rubbed my head since I can feel a headache forming. There is no help when he started to act up like this. Why is it that he is emperor? Why did he have to pull the colored straw? Apparently because of the lack of interest for the throne, the last Emperor, my great uncle called all of the remaining royals to the palace and passed a royal decree. Whoever picked the colored straw would be the new emperor. The not so lucky one was my father. Father tried to pass the burden to my grandfather who is still currently alive, but grandfather ran away right after his son picked the colored straw. Grandfather came back only for three occasions, for father’s wedding, when I and my twin was born and for mother’s funeral.  But honestly, a kingdom that chooses its ruler base on luck...the next generation of royals are so doom.

 

It took father an hour to calm down and finally started the game.

 

Click click sob. Those were the sounds that can be heard from the room with some occasional slithering. Father kept looking straight at me while I ignored him and focused on the board.

 

Slither.Slither. Slither. My father story beast /partner was being busy and slither across the floor. He was a Golden Serpent spirit that has a beast and human form. My father named him Bao. Mother was the one who named us. Father had a horrible naming sense. Bao had been with father since father was ten and had attended a spiritual school that requires all nobles to attend at the beginning of age ten. My elder brothers also attend the school and also have their own spirit beast. They are not however currently in the palace but at the school. They got punished for wrecking the school after getting drunk. Elder brother has a Red Falcon named Xie and second brother has a Black Panther named Po. And again it was father who named them. Why they let him do that I will never know.

 

Click click click. The game finally ended with my win. It was an easy win since I cheated a little and hanged up a lifelike a portrait of mother right behind me. Needless to say, that idiot was to busy admiring the painting to fully focus.

 

Sigh. ” you won the game. Whatever you want I will grant it to you.”

 

I got off the chair and bowed to him. ”thank you for your kindness father Emperor. My wish is quite small. I only wish to have a free marriage.”

 

Father gave me a shocked but idiotic face. ” that is it? You played for that? I thought you wanted the throne!” his face totally betrayed the fact that he wanted to give the throne to me. Elder brother is only the crown prince in name. Father had never written a royal decree for the crown prince. The decree for the crown prince is always written at last minute. It is due to the fact that former authorized crowned princes and to disappear right before the decree had been declared. We only declare the status of a crown prince in order to ease the citizen's worries for the next ruler.

 

”thank you for your kindness but I do not want the throne. I simply want to have a free choice in my life”

 

”sigh” father pulled me up and agreed to my request. Seeing his arms open wide, I knew what he wanted and hugged him before quickly excusing myself. I ran out of the residents as fast as I can so that father will not hold me back and do his childish attitude.

 

I left the palace in a happy mood and started to him as I looked at the stars and thought to myself how beautiful they were tonight and when back to my residents.

 

Pov of Emperor 

 

”Bao” the Emperor talk to his partner as Bao started to slither up his body and rested on his shoulder and as he watched his beloved son running away from him. ” little can finally spend some time with me.” his face was lite up and filled with sparkles. He started to skipped and pranced around the room like a kid on sugar high. 

 

Bao sigh. He would of have done a facepalm badge been in human form. Bao paused and realized something. ” I do not think you can keep your promise to Little Yan.”

 

The emperor stopped and looked at Bao on his shoulder. ”What!? Why?!” he started to whine and tried to defend his honor saying. ” but I promised! I can't break a promise! And little can finally asked me for something! And he gave me a hug! So there is no way in...-....” the emperor stopped speaking as he realized what Bao had realized. ” I am so totally going to break the promise!!” the Emperor yelled out in shock. He went to a corner and squat there mushrooms started to grow on his back and drew circles on the floor while murmuring something about disappointment. Bao just ignore him and went to sleep while think. ” I the hell did I ever chose such a dumb master.”

14