A New World 3
315 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Andrea pulled out another drawing. “What about this?”

Despite her pleading expression, and disheveled appearance. I reluctantly shook my head no. 

You knew that I was going to say no, so why do you have that expression on your face?

She quickly revealed another drawing. “This one?!” 

“I don’t remember anything..” It’s best that I don’t give her any more false hope. 

Andrea’s eyes started to water, her hands shook, and her voice trembled. “Well.. it’s okay! I’ll.. I’ll go get you something to eat!” 

“Thank you.” It was the best response I could muster at the moment. 

Andrea stopped in her tracks, and made an audible hiccup before slamming the door. Leaving me alone with my thoughts.  

Andrea was the blue eyed demon from before. In light of everything, I no longer feel comfortable referring to her in that manner. 

This past week has been horrible. It all started when I.. when I remembered what happened. Things are still hazy, and I don’t remember how, but I somehow ended up on the floor. I couldn’t breathe and it felt like I was on fire. I remember that very vividly. And the.. The incident. I can still hear the blaring horns and people screaming, and that bright light. 

“Ugh!” It still hurts to remember… “Shut up!” 

That stupid static is playing again! What is that!  

Luckily, Andrea found me on the floor and cared for me. After I felt better, Andrea started asking me questions. She’s been frantically trying to get me to remember things ever since. After we talked for a bit, she revealed to me that my name was Adela, and that her name was Andrea. Surprisingly, she’sa also.. My mom? Oh, and I also have a father and his name is Gregory. 

Greg... please let him be different from that asshole. 

And the girl that I tried to have.. Relations with… Well, she’s my sister.. Yes, I know it’s very bad and I plan to apologize once I get the opportunity. Oh, and I learned that her name is Juliette. 

I asked Andrea why I didn’t remember any of them, and she replied that it might be due to a head injury. From what she says, I.. or rather Adela got struck by a lighting bolt and fell out of the tree he was climbing. She saw what happened, and rushed over to check on me, but well.. You know the rest of the story. 

She seems to really be hurt by the situation. I wish I could lie to her, but that would be far too cruel. Her son is already dead. The only thing she has left of him is a fraud pretending to be him. 

Hopefully.. Hopefully I can pull this facade off. I was a nuisance to everyone in my.. last life. I don’t want to be one here. “I deserve to die.” 

The screaming, the burning, the smell of iron, my heart slowing down, and that cold darkness… 

“Adela!” Andrea’s voice snapped me out of my head. 

My nails were dug deep into my arms, and the cuts left behind burned as blood trickled down my arms. “I’m sorry.” 

 Andrea pulled me in for a hug, and began to stroke my head. “Shhh… It’s okay.” 

“I’m so sorry..” 

 

7