Chapter 01 – New Journey
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 01 - New Journey

Sunday morning in January 2022, Dhaka, Bangladesh, was basking in the aftermath of the COVID-19 crisis that had disrupted lives for the past two years. With schools and daily routines gradually returning to normalcy after the prolonged quarantine period, Harun, an Islamic boy from a military family, felt a mix of relief and apprehension as he prepared for school. The era of online classes during the pandemic had made physical attendance feel both nostalgic and strange.

As Harun readied himself for the day, memories of the past two years flooded his mind. Safety had been paramount during the pandemic, leading to restrictions that kept the children from playing outside with their friends. However, as schools resumed, Harun and his younger sister were expected to attend, knowing their father's discipline would brook no excuses.

With a hint of nostalgia, Harun set out with his sister for her school, a path he had not traversed in so long. The familiar sights and sounds brought comfort as they strolled together. His sister, usually accompanied by her friends, insisted on walking with Harun that day. The weather was serene, and the air was infused with the excitement of a new beginning.

In their conversation, they discussed their plans after school. His sister's eagerness to play outside was evident, and she wanted him home early to join in the fun. Despite feeling sluggish, Harun cherished the time spent with his sister, knowing that these moments were precious and irreplaceable.

As they approached her school, Harun noticed a touch of melancholy in his sister's eyes. He wondered what might be troubling her but decided to save his inquiries for a more appropriate time, respecting her emotions.

After dropping his sister off, Harun continued on his way to his own school. However, as he walked further ahead, he sensed something amiss. The surroundings began to transform abruptly. The paved road beneath his feet shifted into a rocky, stone-covered path, like the ancient trails of legends.

Confused and disoriented, he felt an inexplicable heaviness in his body and struggled to maintain his balance. The world seemed to warp around him, leaving him bewildered. As he tried to make sense of his surroundings, he found himself standing before the entrance of an enigmatic cave. The mysterious cave stood in stark contrast to the modern cityscape he had been traversing just moments ago.

His school bag, once filled with books and essentials, felt strangely lighter. He felt as though an unseen force was pulling at his very being, causing his body to weaken. Panic threatened to engulf him as the darkness closed in.

Suddenly, the sensation dissipated, and Harun found himself lying on the ground. He felt something warm and wet on his face, and the soft sound of purring filled the air. Slowly opening his eyes, he was met with the breathtaking sight of a massive white tiger. Its eyes, glistening like golden orbs, stared at him with intelligence and what seemed like curiosity.

Harun's heart pounded in his chest, but to his surprise, the tiger exuded an aura of calmness and friendliness. He cautiously took in his surroundings and noticed other lifeless bodies scattered around him. To his astonishment, they were not human but small, green, fleshed humanoids that bore an uncanny resemblance to the goblins of ancient folklore.

He struggled to process what he was witnessing. Goblins, creatures he had believed to be mere bedtime stories, were now very much real. As he grappled with the reality of the situation, he slowly realized that he had been transported to a realm where mythical beings coexisted with humans.

Amidst the magical world of Azoria, Elves, Dwarves, demi-humans, Orcs, Goblins, Demons, Humans, dragons, Wyrms, and more existed together. The diversity and splendor of this realm were awe-inspiring, and Harun felt both fear and exhilaration coursing through him.
In that moment, he realized the enormity of his role as the prophesied guardian, destined to bring hope and unity to the diverse races of Azoria. His faith, kindness, and knowledge were to be the guiding light in a world where myths came alive.

As Harun stood there, surrounded by enchantment and wonder, he felt a profound sense of purpose awakening within him. The teachings of his family, his faith, and the warrior's training from his father had prepared him for this very moment. His journey in Azoria would demand courage, wisdom, and an unwavering belief in the power of goodness.

With the white tiger by his side, embodying the harmony that was possible between different races, Harun was ready to embrace this grand adventure. The lost guardian from Bangladesh had found a new purpose, and the destiny of Azoria awaited his every step. Little did he know that this realm of magic and mystery would challenge him, change him, and mold him into the hero the world needed. The lost guardian's journey had just begun.

0