Chapter 1 The reincarnation
1.2k 10 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 1

The reincarnation.

DING!

"Thank you for your purchase"

The automatic doors opened for the woman who just left the store.

She checked her purchase to find the soda That she just bought and opened it up.

After a big refreshing gulp from the soda she just bought. she lets out a refreshing voice.

"Ahhh! Soda just hit differently after a long day of OT!...should I just buy some pork slices too? But my paycheck won't come out till the end of the month…"

Just as she wondered about what to do she suddenly heard the honk of a truck near her.

"Da-Dangerous!"

At that moment a large overweight man jumped over her but it was too late. Both of them got hit by a speeding truck that seemed to still going strong.

before her consciousness fades the last thought in her mind comes out of her mouth.

"Shi–"

Then darkness hit her. the moment she felt herself again she was already in some kind of bad with a surgical light that she often saw in drama in front of her.

She knows that she is conscious but she can't seem to think of anything, the one who seems to be a doctor is yelling something but she can't hear it. all she heard was a scream of a woman.

The scream was so loud that she felt pain in her head just from listening to it. the scream continues as the light slowly fades from her eyes. A single drop of tears is coming out along with her last word.

"I…am scared…."

At her words, the sharp sound of her heartbeat monitor rang out. it continues until it stops completely and her world is enveloped in darkness.

…..

Ah, what a pity…. I almost got to be a nurse…

She thought about what she wanted to become for the past twenty-four years of her life.

sorry, Mom and Dad, it seems that I'm about to meet you guys again… but I did you proud right? I least try to help people who get sick… so let me rest….

As she started to let go of her consciousness a light shone at her.

It was so bright to the point that it blinding. It shines like a Star that is about to lose its light so it shines one last time.

her thought seems to be on that light as she feels like her body is getting closer to it.

in her mind, her body starts to feel warm and her heart seems to beat lightly.

then when the light was just a footstep away from her she felt a pain around her head.

it is like being crushed by a large stone, it keeps grinding at her head. She feels so much pain that a voice breaks out.

The voice of an infant, a little voice that seems to brighten everything around it.

With what little remains of her after going through that pain her eyes slowly open.

A little clothes that seem to cover everything, it is dark outside but… the air around is so fresh it surprises her.

she tried to move her arm up and what she saw shocked her.

A tiny arm of a baby. she is confused by what she saw. her little head tilts and a voice is let out.

"Auh?"

Her voice shocked her further. It seems that she is not dead.

it seem that I was reincarnated.

It has already been a few weeks since I came to this world. It seems that I come out when we are on a carriage of some kind.

because the past weeks that I come here we have been in the forest moving somewhere.

The past week I spent trying to understand their language, it was not English and not Japanese for sure.

But it was to no avail as I still didn't understand.

It seems to be a foreign language.

Anyway, for the past week or so I have come to know everyone in this carriage.

The one who is holding me in her arms right now is my mother.

From what everyone says her name is Anashia.

Her skin is oddly pale compared to the rest, it is like looking into a white sand.

Her hair is green…like emerald, and her eye color reminds me of gold. She has a beautiful face. And most importantly she looks young. Like around eighteen or something.

Next are the two old couples that sit opposite us.

The husband's name seems to be Daebog. Kind of a strange name for someone.

And the wife's name is Haley.

These two are the ones who have been helping Mother take care of me.

They are what you think when it comes to the old couple, with gray hair and a haggard face.

And the one who drives this carriage is an old man. His name is Hostel.

He is an old man who doesn't talk at all.

For the past week, I had never seen him doing anything other than controlling the horse and eating.

Anyway, back to the point.

It has been a few weeks since I reincarnated, and we are still on this carriage.

I don't know where we are going, all I know is that we are on the road.

My mother rarely talks. As she seems absent-minded most of the time.

She never smiles or shows any emotion. It is like she is a doll that lost its string.

The old couple is the one who talks a lot and mainly takes care of me.

I still drink milk from my mother's breast but after she finishes feeding me, it goes back to the old couple to take care of me again.

It's always been like this for the past week.

And she has not even named me yet.

yawn*

Ah, it seems like nap time for me.

Guess I will sleep for a bit…

Clang*

Wha-What happened!?

I just woke up to the sound of metal clashing against another.

I tried to look around but it was to no avail because I got held by someone and they were running from something.

I try to look around but all I see is a forest.

"auehh!"

I tried to raise my voice but I got held tighter instead.

"*"

Ah, it is the voice of the woman who helps take care of me. Haley.

From the tone of her voice, she seems to panic. As I was being held by her while she ran away.

"*" another voice raised. It was a man's voice, he sounded rough.

I tried to look at him and to my horror.

It was a big man with a sword that length around his leg.

His body is covered in blood and he has a smile on his face. and with a thud, he charges at us.

As he is going to slash at us, his head suddenly drops.

It was sliced clean off faster than I could see, And with so much precision to boost.

And standing behind the headless body is a woman. She was wearing a skimpy cloth and a sword strapped to her waist.

More importantly on her head was a…cat ear? She got a tail too and it sways like it's real.

What going on?

Did she just kill a person?

As my mind started to wander off, she started to walk toward us.

But before she arrived before us she was twisted in shock as I felt a sharp pain in my arm.

I cry out as tears start to come out and Haley who holds me suddenly drops me down.

When my body starts to drop the woman catches me in her arms.

Shit! Shit! Shit! What the hell is going on!?

The woman who catches me just now looks at me with pity in her eyes, as she looks in front of her with anger.

I looked that way too and found that Haley, The old woman who has taken care of me more than my mom, lay down there with her lifeless body and a pool of blood. A knife is in her heart.

Ah...not again... I'm going to lose a family again...

Ghislaine POV

The baby on my arm just finished crying and went to sleep. Maybe it tried after crying so much. It seems they got attacked by bandits on their way to Millis. The people that with her and the person who seems to be her mother are all dead.

"Hey, look I found something that might be useful here!"

Gesse called out to us and handed letters to Paul who still digging a grave for them.

Paul took the letters and started reading them with a frown on his face.

"Shit! fucking Millis believer. They want this kid to be killed because her mother got a little bit of demon blood in her."

Paul said as he clenched his fist and blood started to come out.

As I keep looking at this girl she still sleeping peacefully. What should we do about her?

"So it seems she a daughter of a big shot in Millis huh?" Gesse said as he continued to search the bandit's corpse. "Poor thing."

"And what do you want to do about this Paul? Handed her over to Millis? or take her to the orphanage? And let me say this I am not going to take care of someone else kids."

Elinalise an Elf dressed in a skimpy outfit spoke out.

"Well, it's not our kid so we can just put her up in the orphanage." Talhand the dwarf also said this. " We can't take this kid with us, it's too dangerous."

"But if we put her in the orphanage they going to find her regardless! And if we give her to Millis she going to be killed for sure." Paul yells out as he begins to think what to do next.

What do we do? To be honest I don't good with this kind of thing.

I'm not smart like others and I don't even know this kid. I pity her. to meet an end like this.

If what Paul said is true. Then no matter what she is going to be killed off for sure.

"And what? We can't take this kid with us anyway. Do you want to put her in danger? at least if you put her in a faraway orphanage she got a fifty-fifty chance to survive. But taking her with us is going to get her killed for sure!" Elinalise said that back to Paul.

Paul stays silent for a long time before a determination appears on his face.

"Let's take her with us! I promise you that I will protect her and not put her in a dangerous position!"

Elinalise stayed silent before a loud Pah sound rang out. She just slaps Paul on his face.

"Are you an idiot? No, you definitely an idiot. Didn't you hear what I just said? It is too dangerous for her! I know you feel bad about leaving a kid to her fate but it's not our problem."

"Or maybe you just want to use this kid to cure the guilt after you left your brother to take care of your house after you ran away?" Paul flinched at that comment but he still put up the brave front.

He got on the ground and bowed down to her.

"Please, Elisnalise."

He continues to bow down like that and not move an inch.

"Why? Why are you so determined to pick this kid up? it's not even your daughter, Paul. For all the years that we have been going on an adventure together and you want to break this party up by picking up this kid? you are just a womanizer, Why are you so Stubborn when it comes to time like this?"

She sighs as she looks at the sky. it was night time and the star shone brightly.

"What about you guys? help me calm this idiot down."

She says that as she turns to us wanting our answer.

"Well, if we leave her to the church she going to be killed off, and if we leave her to orphanage it going to get found out and be killed off or grow up being discriminated against for her hair color" Talhand speaks out stating his opinion.

"And if we take her with us her life will be in danger regardless," Gesse speaks. "But she going to have us with her."

After he finished speaking he looked at me, wanting my thoughts on this matter.

… I don't know what to do. Should we leave her to her fate or not…

As I continued to think, a little movement fell on my arm. it looks like she woke up.

I look right into her eyes. it clear gold color as she looked at me innocently.

her hand reaches out to me, trying to grab something so I use my other arm to grab her small arm.

She grabs my finger lightly as she looks at me. a small voice leaks out of her little mouth.

"aueh?"

"...We can just take her with us. We strong enough anyway." I said that as I continued to look into her eyes.

"Crazy, y'all are crazy…Haaa When we go into the dungeon we going to have to hire a nanny, Do you know how much money is it going to take for that alone? Not to mention her food and clothes. And who going to take care of her? Are you going to leave her to me because I got experience with kids?" Elinalise said as she started to resign to her fate.

"Well, you got me with you so it might be alright. As for the money we can just take away from Paul Whorehouse money and Ghislaine's money." Gesse said as he took something from the bandit's corpse.

"Oi, why do you take my money!?" Paul yells out as he starts to fight with Gesse.

As we watch what going on, Elinalise is walking toward me.

"...Are you regretting joining this party?" I asked her as she stood beside me.

"Oh, now you asking me this? I long regret joining this party… But it was fun. By the way, you going to hurt her if you hold her like that."

? I look at the way I hold her and find her hanging upside down… I don't know how this happened. I quickly switch my holding gesture.

"Ah, Should I just quit while I can?" Elinalise said softly. "Now we got more life to take care of. It going to be a pain."

"Mh...It's going to be quite hard huh?" I said as the little hand that grabbed my finger pulled me a little.

I look at her, her face is looking somewhere so I look at where she looks too. The place she looks is where her mother's body is.

It seems she wants to go there. So I walk her there and lower my body so she can touch her mother.

With my lower body being lowered her little hand started to reach out to her mother.

Suddenly... A light shines from her hand...A light so bright that I need to close my eyes. The girl's body starts to warm up. Her body heat keeps increasing to the point that it starts to feel like boiling water but I keep holding onto her. It's stopped before my hand burns but the heat is still there.

"...Uua" The girl's voice rang out. It was not loud by any means, but I could hear it. with that little voice ringing out, her hand that reaches out to her mother drops and a soft snore can be heard.

"She got back to sleep? no before that... She uses magic, right? That healing magic! And a powerful one at that." Elinalise said looking shocked. " AH...This is going to be a headache."

...

it's been a few hours since then, the girl still didn't wake up. It's because she uses magic. her mana pool must be very low.

"AH! We still didn't think about her name!" Paul said as we walked back to the nearby town we used as a base this time. "Hmm...How about 'Anna?' That's a good name isn't it?"

"Isn't that kind of basic, don't you think?" Elinalise said as she started to think about this kid's name.

"hmm... How about 'Lucelia'?" She said. "The meaning of this name is 'light' just like what she did just now."

That is a good name. I think it will fit her well. "um. I agree with that name." I said as my hand slowly caressed her little cheek.

"Well, It's definitely better than Paul," Gesse said as he walked ahead of us.

"You want to fight me or something, huh!" Paul yells out as he runs after gesse.

"They really are an energetic bunch, huh? Well, we got a kid's name now so what do we do next?" Talhand asks as he takes out his usual bottle.

"Well we first need to do something about money but I don't think that going to be a problem."

Elinalise said that as we journey back to town.


Hello! This is Jestly. A new author. I decided to upload this story on this site too after thinking for a bit. And I'm not an English native speaker so I will mess up a lot of my sentences but with the help of Grammarly, things should help out a bit. So Please take care of me. and I welcome any comments any negative thing about this is welcome just let's try to stay friendly. [The last site I tried isn't really friendly and it really got me down for a long time ahaha.] Anyway! I upload this on Fanfiction.net too if you want to read ahead but I will gradually upload to catch up on there anyway. So let's have fun reading! That all Jestly out!


Edit 8/18/23. Catching up with the FFA one!

26