~ Chapter 4 ~
33 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~ Chapter 4 ~


 

Aurora slowly stirred, her consciousness pulling her from the depths of sleep. 

 

As her senses began to awaken, she became aware of the cold, damp sensation in her hair and down her neck, the chilling touch of water against her skin. With a jolt of awareness, her eyes snapped open.

 

Aurora found herself lying on a rough, uneven surface, her body nestled within a shallow puddle that glimmered like liquid silver under the faint glow of an otherworldly luminescence. The light, emitted by bioluminescent fungi that clung to the cave walls, created unsettling shadows that draped the cavern in an otherworldly and captivating aura

She took a deep breath, the cool air was thick with a damp earthiness, carrying a fragrance of moss. Blinking against the disorientation, Aurora propped herself up on her elbows, her muscles protesting as if they had been unused for an eternity. 

 

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Her voice echoed through the surroundings, her gaze sweeping the area.

 

Her surroundings slowly came into focus, revealing the jagged contours of the cave's walls, their surfaces adorned with glistening mineral formations that sparkled like stardust.

With an effort, Aurora pushed herself into a sitting position, her fingers sinking slightly into the damp earth beneath her. 

 

"Where am I? Caelum? Lyra?" Her words reverberated within the cave's depths as she raised her voice.

 

From what she could remember, her team just arrived inside the abandoned facility. Then the headaches, and finally a T4. That T4 knocking her back was the last thing she could remember. ‘Did someone carry me here?’ she asked herself.

Aurora carefully stood up, her bare soles making contact with the chilled, moist ground. The terrain beneath her was uneven, and her unsteady balance brought back memories of her initial attempt at piloting a mech. 

 

Stepping carefully, her eyes were pulled to a far opening in the cave wall. Moving across the uneven ground, she stood before a well-crafted stone staircase, leading upwards with clear intent.

She surveyed her surroundings, a sense of inevitability settling in. "I suppose there's only one way to go," she mused, her gaze lingering on the ascending path before her.

 

Having nowhere else to go, Aurora began to ascend the staircase. With the dimly lit cave behind her and the staircase ahead, Aurora felt the weight of uncertainty press upon her. There was a sense of inevitability in her decision, a silent recognition that she had no alternative route to take.

The stone steps were worn smooth by the passage of time, their edges softened by the countless journeys that had traversed them. As she climbed, the subtle glow of the fungi-lit cave dimmed behind her, replaced by a growing luminosity that filtered through the ascending stairwell.

 

The ascent seemed to stretch endlessly, doubts started to form in the recesses of her mind, ‘maybe this leads nowhere’, ‘should I go back’, ‘perhaps there was a way in cave’

 

Then, as if the walls and stairs heard her, her eyes landed on the last step, and there, just before her, stood a door reminiscent of an ancient castle's entrance. The wood bore the marks of time, its surface etched with the stories of ages gone by. Iron hinges clung to its sides, and a sizeable handle beckoned her forward, cool to the touch.

 

"I don’t remember any old castles nearby," the pilot mused, "and I doubt any castles survived the Descent."

 

She reached out and grasped the handle, feeling the weight in her hand. With a gentle push, the door creaked open, revealing a softly lit corridor beyond.

Stepping through the door, Aurora found herself in a castle hallway that seemed frozen in time. Tall stone walls, adorned with faded tapestries and weathered sconces, enveloped her in a sense of ancient grandeur. 

 

The floor beneath her feet was a mosaic of worn tiles. Flickering torchlight cast dancing shadows along the passage, creating a play of light and darkness that seemed to animate the stone around her.

Portraits of noble figures lined the walls, their forms captured in rich detail, though conspicuously lacking facial features. Dust motes floated lazily in the air, catching the torchlight like tiny stars in the castle's own celestial sky.

 

As Aurora ventured further, the hallway stretched ahead, seemingly endless in its expanse. Arched doorways beckoned from either side, their secrets hidden behind heavy wooden panels. The air held a hushed stillness, broken by the faint echoes of her footsteps against the stone floor.

Staring at the imposing wooden doors, which concealed the mysteries of the rooms beyond, Aurora was struck by an unexplainable assurance. She had a deep feeling that whatever she was searching for wasn't behind any of these doors.

 

It was as if an invisible thread tugged at her awareness, guiding her away from the passages. As if her mind is telling her that her destination lay elsewhere.

As Aurora continued along her path, her steps resonated softly against the ancient stone floor. To her left, materialized a stone archway, its presence commanding her attention. Intricately carved and weathered by time, it stood like an inviting doorway to a whole new world—a peaceful garden of lush beauty hidden within the castle's strong walls.

This surprising discovery piqued her curiosity, pulling her toward the archway like a magnetic force. The air changed, bringing a mild, earthy fragrance and the gentle rustle of leaves. As she entered the archway, she left the castle's stern atmosphere behind, entering a lively haven of nature.

 

"What's happening anymore? A cave, then an ancient castle, and now this?"

 

As Aurora wandered through the vibrant garden, a sudden and distinct sound caught her attention—an audible crack that seemed to ripple through the air itself. It was as if space had momentarily fractured, sending a shiver down her spine.

To her right, a shimmering rift materialized, suspended in the air like a crackling veil between worlds. The surroundings seemed to hold their breath, a brief pause in the natural rhythm of the world. The sensation was both eerie and intriguing, like a whisper from a distant realm.

 

“What the fuck.” Exclaimed Aurora 

 

With cautious curiosity, Aurora took a step toward the rift, her heart pounding in rhythm with the enigmatic energy that radiated from it

The air around it buzzed with a strange energy, pulling her in with an undeniable charm. As she approached, excitement and a hint of nervousness blended within her. Her hand extended, almost touching the rift's shimmering edge—the barrier between this world and the unknown.

 

The rift called to her, its glowing strands like celestial threads, inviting her to step into the unknown. As she stood on the edge of a pivotal choice, time felt suspended, and the world around her grew distant.

With a steadying breath, Aurora took the final step, allowing her fingers to brush against the ethereal barrier. A surge of energy coursed through her, a fusion of emotions and sensations that defied description. As the rift responded to her touch, its brilliance intensified, enveloping her in a cocoon of iridescent light.

 

In the blink of an eye, the vibrant garden and its mysteries faded away. Aurora found herself suspended in a vast, inky void—a realm where darkness extended infinitely in every direction. The sudden change was confusing, leaving her senses spinning. Her heartbeat echoed rhythmically in the void, a reminder of her presence in this mysterious emptiness.

 

“Shit, was that a bad idea?” She questioned, while trying to get her bearings.

 

As she took in her surroundings, a striking sight emerged behind her. There, floating before Aurora, was a colossal mech, its imposing form an enigmatic silhouette against the abyss. 

The mech that floated before Aurora was a mesmerizing fusion of technology and elegance. Its design was a harmonious blend of intricacy and grace, exuding an otherworldly aura that captivated the senses.

The mech stood on two agile legs with a sleek and streamlined form that challenged conventional bulkiness. Six arms gracefully extended from its central body, showcasing both precision and strength. These long, sinuous arms moved with an almost organic grace, as if they were extensions of a living being.

The mech's surface was adorned with a swirling silver paint, a metallic canvas that played with the ambient light of the void, casting shimmering reflections that danced across its form. Interspersed within the silver were accents of deep navy blue, lending an air of regality to its appearance. These navy blue details traced along the mech's contours, highlighting its lines and curves with a subtle elegance.

 

Amidst its sophisticated design, Aurora noticed small bays on the mech's back, ingeniously integrated into its structure. These concealed compartments seemed tailor-made to house missiles or other maybe drones?. 

As Aurora observed the mech, she couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at the fusion of artistry and engineering. The swirling silver paint seemed to ripple like water in motion, giving the impression of a living entity bound by technology. The navy blue accents provided a striking contrast, emphasizing the mech's sleek design and hinting at the mysteries that lay within its inner workings.

 

“Are You Her? Frail One?” 

 

The voice was deep and commanding, with a hint of warmth that offered comfort. It sounded both precise and reassuring.

 

“Woah, what, are you the one who’s speaking?” The young pilot asked.

“Are You Her Majesty? Frail One?” 

“Me? I’m positive that there isn’t any royalty remaining?” replied Aurora.

“Are You Her Majesty-,”

“Hey uh, sorry, I just want to get out of here, I have my team to go and help, so like is there any way to get out?” Interrupted Aurora.

“Only Her Majesty Can Free Us. Frail One.” responded the mech. “Are You Her Majesty?” It asked again.

“No. I’m not ‘Her Majesty’. I just need to get out of here, can you help me?” Aurora pleaded.

 

Aurora's anticipation hung in the air, her heart racing as she posed her question to the enigmatic mech. She awaited its response, hoping for a solution to her predicament. 

 

“Only Her Majesty Can Free Us. Frail One.” It responded with the same answer.

 

A flicker of annoyance danced across Aurora's features, her brows furrowing as she processed the inadequate reply. She had hoped for a straightforward answer. Instead, the mech's words left her grasping at shadows, her patience worn thin by the elusive nature of its response.

 

“Ok, how about this, where are we?” questioned Aurora.

 

After a few moments of silence, the mech responds.

 

“...This Is Where Her Majesty Left Us, It Is Where She Will Return, For She Will Lead Us To The Promised Land.”  The metallic giant loudly announced.

“Okay… that doesn’t answer my question but alright. So, are we stuck here? Like stuck until this ‘Majesty’ comes?”

“Only Her Majesty Can Free Us. Frail One.” It repeated.

With a sigh, “Haah, fine. Can you answer a few more questions, you keep talking about this ‘Majesty’, who is that?” questioned Aurora.

“Her Majesty Is The One To Lead Us, We FOLLOW, We OBEY.” It responded.

“Alright then, who are you?” Asked Aurora.

“WE Are Her Loyal Servants, Her Faithful Followers, We Are Her Regents.”

“Ok, anymore I’m gonna lose my mind.” Aurora promptly turned away from the mech.

 

Despite looking away, she could sense the giant mech staring at her.

 

“What?” She asked.

“Are You Her Majesty?” It repeated.

 

Just as she was going to say that she wasn’t, she stopped herself. After all, hadn't she been the one drawn here? A profound sensation in her core had guided her steps, an instinct compelling her toward the garden and the tear in space.

 

“How do you know if someone is ‘Her Majesty’?” She asked.

“...Her Majesty Can Free Us.” 

“How can she free you?” she pressed.

“By Activating Us.” responded the machine.

“How?” She asked, staring at the giant mech.

 

In that instant, a realization dawned upon the mech, understanding dawning in its mechanical consciousness. With a deliberate motion, the massive construct gracefully lowered itself before Aurora. A section of its silver torso shifted, unveiling a hidden compartment—the cockpit, empty, one that awaited a pilot.


Hellow

Ok, every chapter I stray from the original vibe, bit by bit, tbh I wanted a slightly more serious story but, I unintentionally made it like this. Hmmm, maybe in far future I'll fix it or write proper one from the beginning. For now, this story has it's own path it's treading.

Also my brain wants Yuri so, I'll prob start another story as a side quest.

Tanks for comments, and any errors you see, I'll fix.

3