Ready for the inevitable
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the night fell and the star rose up to the skies Cris stood by the trailer waiting for them to get out.

*snore snore*

*door slowly open*

“Ahhh…..Is it morning yet?

“(quietly) Hey mister Cris.”

“Owen what’s the matter buddy?”

“Shhhhh”

The boy stealthly closed the door and sit next to the awaken soldier.

“Trouble sleeping?”

“No….Mommy and Daddy are worried.”

“Because of what happened today, Was’nt It?

“Maybe.”

*fidget finger*

“Why does the camo man want with me, Cris?”

"I still don’t know either, maybe they are interrested in your friend.”

“I don’t want them to take………phyro away.”

“I know, you are one though little cookie they would’nt dare to take your friend”

“Cookie?”

“Just something my old man used to tell me…….”

“Is here with you?”

“Just in spirit kid.”

“Did a monster got him?”

*chuckle*

“No, but he was one the motivations for me to get into the army.”

“That’s why you got that purple hearth ?”

As the boy said that he looked at the medal in his cheast. The screams and explosion noises still ring out in his head. He takes a moment to recompose himself and looked at the bright stars.

*grasp*

“Not every soldier gets one like this one, Owen.”

“Then, are you a special Cris?”

“By all means, no just a survivor.”

“Then, what did You survive Cris?”

“well then, let me tell you a story.”

The flashbacks fills the mind of the young soldier. But even in distress he stand assure.

“Are good with geography, Owen?

“A little.”

“Well then, We were ambush near the Arkansa river……Heavy fighting…..That’s why we retreated to Dallas.”

“But did’nt we retreated from there?”

“Yes……..but in when we fell back to Dallas they have followed us there….and……There were so many…..We could’nt save any more…..”

“It’s all my fault…….I should have help….I should have died…..”

The soldier tears the purple hearth from his uniform and throw It on the ground. Tears slowly drain from Cris face.

“Ain’ no hero Owe-”

*hugs*

“(muffled) Don’t worry Cris. You’re a hero for me. You are no coward.”

Owen hands him over the medal.

*clip*

“Now I know I have to fight even harder….We might not save everybody but we will try. I will go fight too. Can you tell that to Muller.”

Owen stands up and gives a helping hand to Cris get up as he wipes his tears off his face.

“Sure thing, Little cookie.”

As the sun started to come up Owen runs back to his bed to pretend to be sleeping. Minutes later the couple seem to wake up.

*knoc knoc*

“Are you here Cris?”

“Yes”

*sigh*

“Sorry for what happened yesterday. You might have got in trouble-”

“No don’t worry about that. Muller did’nt even mind”

“Even so. I’am sorry, friend.”

Jonh extends his hand towards Cris. The soldier reciprocated the gesture with a hug and a pat on the back.

“(yamn) Is It morning yet dad?”

“Good morning son, get dress and wake up your mom……Today will be a great day.”

Jonh goes back to the trailer and as his father pass him Owen gives Cris a little wink.

“(muffled) Hey son, Did you saw my rifle?”

“(quietly) Thanks Cris.”

“Go help your dad. We can talk later.”

*smiles*

“Dad I think you left in the cabinet.”

As noon came Jonh, Owen and Phyro walk the way to the open range the military put out for the new formed militias. Along the way they met with Sam and Mike that were going to practice.

*clicking metal*

“What do you have in your bag, son?”

*smug*

“It’s a suprise dad.”

“Huh, sure thing.”

Sam and Mike soon came to greet Jonh. The two of them were suprise to see him in such good state after what happened at the meeting.

“How-dy Jonh, Nice to see you…..here.”

“Is It everything ok, pal.”

*huff*

“What do you mean? I’am fine.”

“We were just worried you were red as a pepper after the meeting.”

“Don’t worry about that already talked to Carol and even Cris, things are going well.”

“Well them, Welcome back oldy Jonny.”

“Don’t ever call me like that, Sam. You sick fuck.”

“Hahahhaa, Just messing with you a little.”

Sam was happy to see his old buddy was well. But Mike was skeptical about his friends recovery. Either way they all walk toward the range.

Jonh was with Owen to help him shoot in a dynamic way. Sam separeted to work in a CQB sitjation with his shotgun. Finally Mike was practicing precision shooting.

*adjusting sights*

*bang....bang....bang*

“(tsk) Dammit.”

*bang bang bang*

He goes to retrive The blasted paper target.

*rustling paper

*rips*

“Fuck, a 2inch group, hundred yards.”

He frustadly went back to the stand but someone was wating for them. But he could’nt even reconize his face. The only dicerning feture in the man was a small purple dot on his cheast.

“(shouting) Having trouble, gulf vet?”

“Not now, what do you want.”

“Just giving a helping hand.”

*bang bang bang bang bang*

“Look.”

Mike leaned forward to look through the scoope.

“O.1 inch, You’re a goddam machine son.”

“That’s nothing just harsh trainnig.”

“Maksman?”

“Just a regular old rifleman.”

*boom*

The both drop to the ground

“Attack?!!!”

“Unlikely.”

As they climb up the small dirt bank small bright yellow spots in the ground could be seem. Atop they could only see a small Brown spot in the skies. The confusion let them to look for John and Owen.

“A little to the right Phyro.”

“(Radio)Fuahhh”

*boom

“Excelent.”

Mike and Cris coming running towards them almost without breath left.

“The hell is this?”

“Don’t ask me I’am just suprised as you .”

“(huffing)What do you mean by that Jonh?.”

As they talk Owen attachs a tuble to his treaded berrel and load a miniture version of a mortar round.

*blup*

*boom*

The target was obliterated. The boy advences Shooting with unhuman precision downing several targets at once. Cris and Mike remined at awe while Jonh tries to remain unfased.

“Combine arms.”

“A miniture version If I would say.”

“Incredible.”

“Maybe we can win this.”

0