The futherest hope
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Days have passed since the trainning incident. Now the logistics and assingned personel were ready to move forward with the operation. Jonh, Sam and Mike gather around trailer to discuss their next move while Owen and Phyro get ready.

“Do you know where you are assingned, Jonh?”

“Same as Owen, We are going to Salem.”

“Well, at least they kept their promissed.”

“(Tsk) Fed promisse is worth nothing. Just remember what they did in Waco and Chicago.”

“We are not talking about the feds Sam, this is the military we are talking about.”

“Same thing for me……so are you gonna contact your friends up north?”

“That’s right Mike, did you get in touch with them?”

“I have the frenquency but our radios can’t tone in. we need a better one.”

“Ask the boys in the barracks for that.”

“well that’s the problem I don’t know if their are in good with the goverment.”

*door slam*

“all ready dad!!!”

“Fuahhhh!!!”

“wait a moment dear.”

*kiss forehead*

Jonh smiles as he sees his family. But he knows this situation will not last.

“All done there?”

“Yes daddy.”

“All set sweat hearth.”

“Gonna play the doc, Carol?”

“Well that’s my graduation, Sam.”

After the coversation they were set on going to the main area of gathering.

*chatter* *screams* *chatter*

“Memphis!!! is anyone going to Memphis?!!!”

“Atlanta!!! Capital!!!! Atlanta!!!!

Owen and the group were shoved around the place trying to find their ride.

*grabs* *pulls*

“huh?”

Jonh and the rest were pulled out of the group of people to a more recluse area.

“Who are you?!!!”

“Nice to see you too mister Severin.”

“Cris?”

huff huff

“Was that necessary Cris?”

“Cris!!!”

hugs

“Of course Jonh or do you rather stay in that mess.”

“Who is he ,honey?

“A friend Carol.”

“If It isn’t the young soldier from before?”

“Nice too see you Sam and the vet too.”

“Good one marksman.”

After the swift and confusing introduction Cris showed them their ride toward the front lines. The convoy was stack with firepower. Two armoured personal carriers, one tank and several humvees to support that.

“Is this really necessary?”

“Well I heard that you all were complaning about the lack of protection in your first trip.”

“Did not expect that? So who is in command?”

“You are looking at him right here.”

“Promoted or filling someone duties”

“Both.”

“Anyways, Lead as to victory chief”

“We have VIP. Cannot lose this one”

*strong handshake*

It would be a week till they reached the base. Along the way The convoy was greeted with cheers and thousand miles stares. 

Owen overlooked with Cris in the gunner turret of frontmost carrier of the convoy.

"(Bored)Are we there yet, Cris?"

"Just a few more hours. By dusk If my caulculations are-"

*pull shirt*

"What is It, Owen?"

"There is something moving."

"Where!?!?!"

"In the hills. Can't you see?"

*Takes out binocular*

*adjust*

As Cris panned around the hill side a truly he sees a true worrying scene. 

"Hey, stop!!! Stop!!!!"

*sudden brakes*

Jonh, Sam and Mike rushed to the front. The soldiers on the other hand hold their ground and immediatly got in battle formation. 

*huff huff*

"Jonh!!! Just in time buddy. Can you call your wife and Suzan here?!"

"For what?!?"

"There are injury people walking on that hill."

"Right away, sir."

As they turned to call the medics Cris turned his attention on Owen. 

"Owen put the dragon on the sky!!!!"

"Alright!!!"

*fasten the camera*

"You can take off now, Phyro."

"Fuahhah!!"

The dragon stated running until he gained enough speed to soar into the sky. On the ground Owen activate the camera to track the injuried people. Unfortunely, He saw something alarming while panning around the surroundings. 

*step* step* *step*

"Cris!!!!Crisss!!!"

"Owen, what happened?"

"6 monsters!!!! They are coming for them!!!"

"Goddamit."

As the sunset approuch Cris already divised a plan and a search party to help thouse people. With Carol and Suzan ready for the rescue John Mike and some soldiers Were chosen to come  support support Owen and Phyro. With no time to waste They speed off to thouse hills. 

*bump* *bump*

"Owen How close are they?!!"

"About......15 miles from them."

"Alright, Now hear up!!!! The noise will attrach them towards the refugees location. So Immediatly go into battle formation. Is that clear?!?!"

"Yes sir!!!!"

As the humvee came close to the refugees the soldiers were ready to go into formation. 

when the front lights iluminated the the siluattes of the people on to the hill side the plan was put into effect. 

*Trembling hands*

"Is...is..is true?!!?!"

"Yes, just come down. We come to rescue you."

"Where are the worst wounded?!?!"

*points at trolley*

"O god.....thank you....thank you"

*hands graps at Suzan face*

"Just calm down. You'll be saved soon."

As Cris delived the last medical equipement for the two doctors he reaches for his radio. 

"How close are they?"

"(radio)About 9 miles and coming fast. Do we fire?"

"Absolutly. Blast them."

*bang bang bang bang bang*

*Boom*

The gunshots scared even more the already frighten people. the Siluattes of the monster that tormented then fall one by one as the guns shot ringed their ears. Although a horrifying sight this spark a little hope inside their hearth. 

When the dust settle and the casualties were confirmed they tend the wounded with more care. The group was bigger then they thought, It was more then 15 people. The search party had to call another humvee for futher support. 

While waiting Cris decided to investigate futher. While sights like this for not uncommon for him It was shocking seeing It happen inside Goverment territory.

"Can we talk for a little. 

*nods in agreement*

*sits*

"Can you tell me where did you and this group come from?"

".......Salem.....Oh god....I'm sorry....Just...."

"Don't worry sorry for pushing you. You are safe now."

Not satisfy with this answer Cris started questioning the others of the group. Always getting the same unerving answer: "Salem".

0