Our mortal enemies
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night fell the search party returned to the crocked road. the soldiers on guard watched on disbelief as wounded after wounded were settle in the hastly made encampment. Cris and Suzan discuss the supply situation and future plans.

"How's everything holding, doc?"

"Manageable, We have stabilized most of them but some of them need surgery because of sever wounds....and that's is not talking about If they are infected or not. But I still think we can transport them to safe location"

"How so?"

"I can call my unit to this location. If you can lend me some of the humvees for medical transport. I will report then as live samples for research."

"Alright, Give me time to think."

"Not to pressure, but be quick we have until tomorrow to solve this. 

As Suzan walked away from the personel carrier Cris walked to a empty campfire campife on the middle of the street. The young commander now felt the burden of leadership. Although the only thing he could do was watching the embers of the campifire ignite and extinguise. 

*sits down*

"How you doing, pal?"

"Oh........if it isn't the gulf vet. Enjoying the trip?"

"Tell me son, What is with this thousand mile stare?.

"Nothing, It just.....That I have to make a pretty difficult decision. But I don't know if I have the nerve to do It."

"Well, If that's what's bothering you let me you something........A plan last until the first battle, but always try to minimaze the casualties."

"Thanks for the heads up, vet."

As Cris lift his head to see the night sky a sudden raw meat skeewer blocks the view. 

"Ahhhhh. The heck!!!!"

*munch* *munch*

"(mouth full) Want one Cris?"

*huff* *huff*

"Oh, It's just you Owen. My hearth almost came out of my mouth."

Mike Intervenes in the situation and takes of the meat skeewers. 

"Are they seasoned, Owen?"

"No, we just cut them now."

"Then, becarefull with your theeth and how you swallow It."

"Don't worry, Uncle Mike."

Owen stretch his cheeck to reveal a well define canine theeth. Mike and Cris looked at him with a worried face but they decide to not press the issue futher. 

One by one the lights of the encampment faded away. Only the head lamps of the soldiers on night guard contrasted against the unending darkness. 

Owen decided to help them by  staying on watch in the gunner turret. For him the night did'nt seem so dark as his pupils dialate just like the eye of feline animal. 

He stares at the rolling hill that just a few hours ago he had rescue so many people. 

"hummm?"

*squishes face on the window*

In the rolling hills a horned human- like siluatte emerge. It's eyes were glowing as the stars. Suddenly It turns towards Owen. 

*Bright flash*

"ahhhh."

He turns to see It again but nothing was there. 

*scratches eyes*

"Maybe I should get some sleep."

*Click

As the dawn peaks through the hills a mist covers the grounds and fogs up the windows of the turret. Inside Owen was happily snuggling his scalie friend.

murmering murmering

“hummm?”

“(Faint) So It’s settle them.”

rubs window

On the side Owen could see the Mike, Jonh, Sam and Suzan talking to Cris. Owen decends the turret and run towards them.

hugs

“Good morning Daddy.”

pat

"For you too, son.”

“Well, wrapping up our conversation the search party will continue to advance futher till Salem. While the rest will turn back and meet Suzan’s division in……..How many days was It, doc?”

“three, maybe two if we go now.”

“Have you consider firepower, Cris?”

“Don’t worry the tank and one of the carriers will come with us.”

“Do they know we’ coming? Or we will be going guns blazing anyways?”

“Well…..That’s where the problem starts.”

rustling paper

“If you look here the last transmission was broadcast 3 days ago.”

“Asking for reinforcements?”

“The oposite, Telling that It’s full operational.”

“So you were sending my family to a death trap?”

“I am sorry Jonh. But you must understand we had took this as truth.”

“What’s the solution?”

They all turned towards the little boy grabbing the leg of his father.

“I think we already have one.”

As noon aprouch the plan was put in place. There was no time time for a goodbye in no time the two convoy slowly disappear into the horizon.

A few hours later they stood a few miles away from the unknow base. Mike was put in place to communicate with the tank. Jonh and Sam follow It behind to support It if necessary. Unfortunately while observing from his binocular Cris and his soldiers confirmed the worst case scenerio.

“(radio) Send in the dragon.”

“(radio) Roger that.”

“Phyro, go!!”

The small dragon climb out of the window and quickly gained altitude. With this signal Mike reached to the small phone box behind the tank.

“(phone) Full speed ahead. ramb the gate.”

“(phone) Roger that sir.”

With the operation at full force they waited for the breach.

“(radio) 3…..2……1breach breach!!!!!”

The rusted gate was torn open by the tank. Sam and Jonh jumped out of the vehicle alongside with the soldiers. The compound only head three bulding and was filled with broken down tents. The metal structures were rusted and left to rot a long time ago.

silence

chambers gun

“Is someone in here?!!!”

“(quietly) shut up, what if thouse thing are here.”

lift tarp

“Jackpot.”

“What, found ammo?

“Ammo, MRE’s, Fuel. almost as If they left running from something.”

While Sam and Jonh were Investigating the buldings Cris, Mike and the remained soldiers were searching into the refugees tents.

lifts tent

“Sir, come see this.”

As Cris comes close a foul stench filled the air. As the soldier holds the tent in place Cris saw the rotten remains of a person. Half of his body was eaten or was torn apart. The other half was almost completely untouch. were his organs Were fur and rotten placenta filled the gap

cough cough

“Mauled to the bone…..Worst way to die.”

Mike comes to report to Cris too.

“Cris, There are just bodies here. Let’s meet up with Sam and Jonh.”

cough cough

“What do you think this is all about?”

“If you’re talking about this massacre. The fucking beast were probably using them as nesting for their young or just preserving the food.”

“Hope I never see this ever again.”

“Agree.”

As the adults were searching the place Owen was trying to find a safe place for Phyro to land. This lead him to a place where the metal fence was torn down. But a dear that was glazing a burned patch of grass intrigues him.

reaches for his pouches

“Here.”

opens hands

The dear comes close investigate the small sour treat owen was giving to him. Phyro looking at foundness of his masters towards the creature descends and lands next to Owen.

“Never seen one up so close Phyro, isn’t It exiciting?”

“Fuahhh.”

bang

0