relaxing
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“(muffled) Honey you there?”

“Coming.”

*door opening*

When Carol openned the door she saw Jonh carring lot’s of plastic bags. She quickly help her husband to bring It to their dinner table.

“Honey, why did you bought so much stuff?”

“Stoocking up.”

“Is hunting out of bounds?”

“The mountaineers said to stay in camp. Even if I and Owen went hunting there would be monster meat that we would eat……”

*sits down*

*rustling paper*

“Oh…..sorry.”

Jonh picks up the paper he almost crushed when he careless sit down on the bench.

“Been working har lately, Carol?”

“Yeah, a soldier passed by and dropped this off.”

*gets up*

"Then let me help you Carol.”

*kiss*

“Thanks sweathearth.”

“hummm……….Owen come here and help too.”

“Ok…..What is for dinner?”

“Sloppy joes.”

Jonh placed the vegetables on the table. He picks up a stool wooden planks attatch to each leg for Owen to reached the table. With that the Jonh stand next to his wife as she unpacked the groceries.

*cut cut cut*

“Saw the files……Dealing with a lot of wounded.”

*turns on stove*

“Not me……Suzan is dealing with all the work. She is just shring some findings.”

*sizzle sizzle*

*cooking meat*

“So, then what are you doing or just cheecking in on her research?”

“No honey, She is sending me possible medicine to administer while dealing with the infection…..but It’s only for retardention……..Futher proceediments need a infectologist.”

*sobs sobs sobs*

Jonh, Do you want to know what was in that trolley the refugees were pushing?”

“Tell me if it makes you feel better.”

“Little babies……Like our’s……Huge scars and blisters…..I…..just…..just.”

Tears slowly runs downs Carols face. The tear drops splash on the frying pan. Jonh puts his hands on top of her’s taking out her spatula and while hugging her from behing.

“Take a break Carol. Me and Owen will wrap up here.”

*sucking up cries*

*cleans face*

“Thanks, just go easy on the spice my palet is not good in dealing with too much.”

“Keep that in mind.”

*kiss*

Antecepating her Jonh in a unsual act and kisses her first. She slowly stumbles to the bench suprise by her husband iniciative.

“Finished Dad”

“Bring here, son"

*slides down vegetables*

In minutes the vegetables almost melted with the heat. Giving one last touch Jonh adds tomato sauce and some spices. The food was almost homonagenous brown past only few dots of greens vegetable sticking out. Carol opened the sliced bed.

“Dinner is ready.”

“Fuahhhhh!!!!”

*grabs leg*

“Phyro…..let go….just a moment.”

Owen picks up the hungry dragon. Carol tries to hold her laugh while Jonh puts the steaming hot meal on the table.

*dipping bag*

*throws*

“Fuahahghhdh”

“Owen the dragon stays under the table.”

“all right.”

Owen picks up a bowl and puts some of the paste and some bread for Phyro. He almost devorated all.

*munch munch munch*

“Son, have you appologise to Cris, yet?”

*stops*

“………No…….But I will try It.”

“So, do It quick or Cris will not forgive you.”

“Honey……Don’t be scared sweathearth Cris will not hate you…..But It’s a good thing for you to apologise.”

“Carol he needs to understand that you do not humiliate people like that.”

“I know, but scaring him will not help.”

Owen quickly finished up his last sandwitch. With his head down he shambles towards the bed. Jonh and Carol felt bad but decided to not intervene.

*pitter-platter pitter-platter*

Owen ,with a blanquet covering most of his body, observers from his little window the soldiers on guard and training and the hazmat suits reinforcing the coat of metal fence. The boy was bored with nothing to do he just stares at situation as if was a painting. He peeks his head out the bunker bed to see his father reading a piece of paper.

“Daaaaaad.”

*inhale*

“What is It son?”

*runny nose*

“Can I go outside?”

*inhale*

Ahhhh….Don’t you see that is rainning outside?”

“But I have nothing to do.”

*clears nose*

“Can’t you play with Phyro?”

“He is sleeping all day.”

*snore snore*

"(dreaming) Fuahhhhhh……”

*door opens*

Carols enters with a soaking weat rain coat she hangs It and goes to check Jonh’s runny nose.

“Honey I brought some medicine and a nasal descongestant.”

*inhales*

“Thanks a lot…….You know that this changing climate……I tend to get sick.”

“Don’t worry. You’re like this even in the days of collage. I already know what to give you.”

“Thanks for always paying attention on me.”

*hugs legs*

Carol looks down to see her son grabbing her leg.

“Looks like someone need attention too.”

“Take the meds and rest a bit, ok Jonh.”

“Sure thing, doc.”

Jonh gets up from the table and goes to the back of the trailer.

*picks up*

“What is It, son?”

“Mommy, Phyro don’t want to play with me.”

“Did you put him under your covers as mommy said?”

*nods*

“Well he is kinds of a lizard, don’t you think”

“No mommy he is a dragon. And in the stories that you told me they sleep for centuries……..Will he get up again?”

“Sure thing dear he might be hibernating.”

“What is hibernating?”

“It is something animals do to conserve energy during harsh conditions.”

“But he’s been eating well mommy.”

“(giggles) It’s not something he controls, sweathearth. And if he was eating a lot he maybe was preppering for that.”

Owen looks at his tummy.

“Will I hibernate too, mommy?”

“(giggles) No son, yours is just glutony. You silly”

tickles tummy

she tease Owen a little and put him on the table. But even after playing with his mother his face don’t lie he was sad.

*hunches over*

“Are said, sweathearth?”

“I don’t have anyone to play with and dad don’t want me to play outside.”

“hummmm……..Well, I passed by Cris while I was getting meds for daddy. You can look for him he probaly will be in the office bulding.”

*eyes sparkiling*

“So, I can go play mommy.”

“Just one thing you must always be with Cris. Pinky promisse?”

“Pinky promisse”

The young boy jumps from the table and as he touches the floor he immediatly goes for the door.

*door opens*

“Who are you, mister?"

0