Chapter 2 Neutron shock
54 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up to the soft rays of the morning sun gently filtering through my bedroom curtains.

My eyes fluttered open, and my heart quickened with excitement.

Today was the day—his 16th birthday.

I can't believe I'm 16 now; that also means I can be arrested now. 

Just as I was about to leap out of bed, the door creaked open, and Elara stepped into the room with a bright smile on her face. "Happy birthday, June!" she exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with genuine joy.

I grinned, feeling the warmth of her friendship. "Thanks, Elara! I'm so excited about today," I replied with a voice brimming with anticipation. Elara came out of the room and said that my mother had prepared something to eat.

Okay, I'll go, I said with a cheerful tone,but I will take a bath first.

I immediately went to the bathroom and took a bath.

After I finished taking a shower, I immediately went to eat what my mother had prepared.

I and Elara sat down at the dining table, where my mother had prepared a delicious spread of my favorite breakfast foods. There were fluffy pancakes topped with fresh berries and maple syrup, crispy bacon, scrambled eggs, and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.

As they began to dig into the scrumptious meal, June's mother appeared with a small, wrapped box in her hands. She had a warm and proud smile on her face, knowing just how much this day meant to her son.

"Happy birthday, my dear June," she said, placing the beautifully wrapped box in front of him.

My eyes widened with curiosity and excitement as I eagerly tore open the wrapping paper. Inside the box was a stunning necklace that caught the light and seemed to glow with its own radiance. It was a delicate silver chain adorned with a unique pendant, which looked like a combination of a star and a moon intertwined gracefully.

"Wow, Mom, it's beautiful!" June exclaimed, his heart swelling with gratitude and love for his mother's thoughtful gift.

"It's a crescent moon and star pendant," his mother explained. "I remember you mentioning once how much you love gazing at the night sky, so I thought this would be a perfect reminder of your dreams and desires as you turn 16."

Touched by his mother's heartfelt gesture, June stood up and hugged her tightly. "Thank you, Mom. I love it, and I love you," he said, his voice filled with emotion.

Elara smiled warmly, watching the touching moment between mother and son. "It's such a special gift," she added.

I nodded, grateful for my mother's support.

After finishing our delicious breakfast, I put on the necklace, cherishing the symbolism behind it. It reminded me of the vast universe out there, full of wonders and mysteries.

Goodbye, mom! See you again! Take care!

After bidding goodbye to their friends and neighbors, June and Elara set off on their journey to Elara's village.

As they walked side by side, Elara couldn't help but notice the beautiful crescent moon and star pendant that June's mother had gifted him. "That necklace looks stunning on you, June," Elara complimented, her eyes sparkling with admiration.

"Thank you, Elara. I really love it," June replied, touching the pendant affectionately.

As they continued walking, the friends chatted excitedly about the adventures that awaited them in Elara's village.

I've always been curious about the world beyond my own village, and this was the perfect opportunity to explore and learn. As they chatted about their plans for the future, they suddenly heard a deep, rumbling growl.

Their conversation trailed off as they exchanged worried glances. The growls grew louder, and the ground trembled beneath their feet. A large, menacing figure emerged from behind the trees. It was a monstrous minotaur with a hulking frame, thick, impenetrable skin, and sharp horns.

Elara's eyes widened in fear, but I stood and took a deep breath. "Elara, stay behind me," I said, using my healing powers to boost my speed and increase my durability.

What the fuck, why's there a minotaur here? You can only see a minotaur when there's a labyrinth nearby; it's impossible to see them when there's none.

Maybe it got lost. Elara replied. 

I don't think so. There's no way my dagger will kill this minotaur with its thick skin.

The minotaur charged towards us, its hooves pounding the ground with thunderous force. Luckily, I quickly dodged the first attack, my senses heightened by the healing-enhanced abilities.

Thinking quickly, June noticed a nearby cliff with a small, shallow river flowing below. He had an idea. "Elara, lead it to the river!" he called out, trying to buy some time.

Elara, though nervous, nodded and began to move away, luring the minotaur in the direction of the river.

I focused on using speed to evade the minotaur's powerful strikes, occasionally using my healing powers to recover from minor injuries sustained during the intense battle.

When they reached the riverbank, June noticed that the water was full of large, smooth rocks. As the minotaur charged again, June swiftly sidestepped its attack, causing the creature to crash headfirst into the river. The force of the impact stunned the minotaur momentarily.

Seizing the opportunity, I swiftly grabbed one of the large rocks and, using all my strength, heaved it towards the minotaur's head. The rock struck the creature with a loud thud, momentarily disorienting it.

Now with a new plan, June shouted to Elara, "FIND MORE ROCKS! WE NEED TO KEEP HITTING ITS HEAD!"

Elara quickly joined the effort, searching for more suitable rocks along the riverbank. June continued to use his healing powers to keep himself in peak condition as he dodged the minotaur's attacks and directed its attention away from Elara.

With each well-aimed strike, the minotaur's thick skin began to show signs of wear. The combination of the rocks' impact and June's relentless determination began to take its toll on the creature.

Finally, after a series of well-coordinated attacks, the minotaur's tough hide weakened enough for me to make a decisive move. Channeling all of my strength into one powerful punch, I precisely aimed directly at the minotaur's head, where it was most vulnerable.

The punch landed with incredible force, and the minotaur staggered back, dazed and injured. June didn't let up, following through with a series of precise strikes to weaken the creature further.

June delivered one final, decisive blow to the minotaur's head. The creature let out a bellow of pain and fury before finally collapsing to the ground, defeated.

Finally! We defeated it! But it's not dead yet.

Exhausted but victorious, June and Elara stood together, their hearts pounding with adrenaline. The forest fell silent once again, and the danger had passed.

"Wow, June, that was incredible!" Elara exclaimed, admiration shining in her eyes.

I smiled, feeling a mix of relief and pride. "We make a great team," I said, offering a hand to help Elara up.

It's not done yet; I need to kill this minotaur before he regenerates.

As the defeated minotaur lay sprawled on the ground, June took a deep breath, steadying himself after the intense battle. He knew the creature was dangerous, and he had to finish the fight decisively. Gathering his magic power, he focused his energy into his dagger, infusing it with a radiant glow.

Elara watched in awe as June's dagger shimmered with an otherworldly light. The forest around them seemed to hold its breath as the atmosphere crackled with energy.

With a determined look in his eyes, I raised the dagger high above my head, the glow intensifying with every passing moment.

I channeled all of my magic power into my dagger, feeling the energy surge through my veins.

In one swift, powerful motion, I brought the dagger down, aiming straight for the minotaur's head. The blade pierced through the creature's thick skin, and upon contact, an explosion of brilliant light erupted from the point of impact.

The shockwave rippled through the forest, shaking the trees and sending leaves swirling into the air. The minotaur let out a final, agonized roar as the powerful surge of magic coursed through its body, neutralizing its life force.

As the light subsided, the forest fell silent once again. The minotaur lay lifeless, killed by June's strike, called neutron shock.

The magical energy that had enveloped the dagger dissipated, leaving only a faint glow in its wake.

I guess it takes a while before we completely kill it.

I stood there, panting and covered in sweat, my heart still pounding with the adrenaline of the battle. I looked at my dagger, amazed by the power I had been able to wield. The victory came at a cost, but I knew it was necessary to protect both him and Elara.

Elara approached June with a mix of concern and admiration. "Are you okay?" she asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm fine," I replied, giving her a reassuring smile. "Thanks to your help and support."

Elara nodded, her eyes full of pride for her brave friend. "You were incredible, June. That was like something out of a legend."

I chuckled humbly. "I think I still have a lot to learn, but I'm grateful for the strength and magic I possess."

But my dagger is now broken. I said it with a sad tone.

As I looked down at my broken dagger, a sense of disappointment washed over my face. It served me well, but the powerful magic I had channeled through it during the battle with the minotaur had taken its toll.

Elara could see the sadness in June's eyes and knew just how much the dagger meant to him.

Elara placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "I saw how much you cherished that dagger, June. It served you well, and you wielded it with incredible skill.

"Yeah, it was special to me. But I guess it was worth it to defeat that minotaur," I replied.

Elara smiled warmly. "Absolutely! You were amazing out there, and we wouldn't have triumphed without your courage and your skill. It was a true display of your growth as a mage."

I looked at Elara, grateful for her support and kind words. "Thanks, Elara. I couldn't have done it without you by my side, I said, appreciating the role she played in the battle.

Shall we continue? I ask her. Yess! Elara replied and continued to walk.

 

4