Chapter 13 : A Class
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning in City-Z, the MonsterTamer Guild summoned Hiro and other guild members to their headquarters in City-A. A total of 10 guild members were called, and they all gathered in a conference room. Among them were five A Class tamers and five K Class tamers. Unfortunately, the Rank 1 A Class Tamer didn't respond to HQ's call, so they asked Hiro to be the substitute. The tamers in the room ranged from Rank 2, A Class Tamer to Rank 5, K Class Tamer. 

A Class Tamer

Rank 2 - Alice

Rank 3 - Beast Master

Rank 4 - White Lion

Rank 5 - Brood Mother

Rank 6 - Enchantress

K Class Tamer

Rank 1 - Yuri

Rank 2 - Doom

Rank 3 - Mr. GON

Rank 4 - WashuWamido

Rank 5 - Hiro

Suddenly, A staff member of the MonsterTamer Guild enters the room with a grave expression.

-- We have a catastrophe. We received information from the hero association that a day from now, City F will be under attack by a horde of Demon level threat monsters. The hero association will be distributing their manpower to all regions of City F to annihilate the threat. However, as our guild promotes harmony between humans and monsters, our plan is for you ten to be distributed to five locations that are far away from the heroes. Your mission will be to tame the monsters without arousing any suspicion from the heroes and guide them towards an underground facility provided by our guild. The monsters will be placed in MonsterTamer Guild custody to ensure their safety, Since Chen (Class A | Rank 1) didn't respond to our call, WashuWamido will be temporarily partnered with Beast Master --

After the staff spoke, Hirou noticed some of the tamers looking at him, and then Beast Master approached him.

-- So, you are the infamous Food Cart Chef. Can you tell us more about your taming abilities?  --

- I don't have any special powers or unique taming abilities like the rest of you. My approach is simply showing them compassion and understanding through my gourmet cooking, which usually leads to a bond of trust and cooperation - 

Other tamers started to laugh, and then Yuri chimed in.

-- So, you're planning to tame a demon level threat by feeding it? (Laughs weirdly) You'll definitely die before you can even approach it. --

Then Alice stepped in.

-- Stop it, Guinea Pig. --

The tension escalated as they started arguing.

--- What did you say, Witch? ---

Before things got out of hand, Beast Master intervened.

-- Stop, both of you. It doesn't matter what method he uses to tame monsters. His records prove that he can do it. --

White Lion added sarcastically,

-- Yes, said by the man who shouts to tame monsters. --

Beast Master responded,

-- The power of Primal Roar was gifted to me by the gods. Unlike you, who the hell would use a ship to tame a monster? --

The staff stepped in to calm them down and dismissed the meeting. 

As Hiro approaches Alice while she was walking in the hallway. 

- Thanks, earlier -

Alice looks at him. 

-- That's what you get when joining the guild. Unlike you, the majority of them joined for money. MonsterTamer Guild pays well monthly defends on your rank, plus per monster you tame. --

Hiro nods, knowing that Alice is right. Many tamers are driven by monetary rewards and fame, but for him, it was always about something deeper. He wanted to protect people, to form bonds with monsters, and to make a difference in the world.

As they both walk towards the exit, Hiro's heart sinks when a luxurious car stops in front of them. A handsome guy exits the vehicle and opens the passenger seat for Alice, taking her hand gently as he guides her inside the car.

The sight of Alice with someone else is a painful blow to Hiro, and he can feel his heart shattering into pieces as they drive away. The munchies, sensing his emotions, look at him with what seems like a mocking expression

 

- Dont look at me like that!! - 

trying to push away the hurt and frustration he feels..

While Hiro is walking back to his food cart on the street, he can't stop thinking about the man with Alice. Is he her boyfriend or maybe her husband? He decides he'll just ask her tomorrow.

As the day passes, the MonsterTamer Guild calls them out and assigns each of them a location. Hiro and Alice are assigned to zone 3, a marketplace. All the people have already been evacuated, so they patrol the area in silence. Hiro eagerly wants to ask her about the guy he saw earlier, but he doesn't have the guts to do so. He decides it would be wise to ask her later.

As Alice and Hiro patrol their area, Other Class A Tamers have already started their tasks. WashuWamido and Beast Master are in zone 18, where Beast Master summons a hawk to roam the area. Suddenly, a large mouse-like creature appears.

--- Cheese, Cheese, Cheese --

The mouse monster notices Beast Master and WashuWamido, and WashuWamido throws a burning spear towards the rat. However, the rat dodges it with incredible speed and counterattacks WashuWamido with a large pink hammer. WashuWamido takes a substantial amount of damage, spitting blood, but as he takes damage, his strength and speed multiply.

Undeterred, WashuWamido throws another spear at the rat monster, this time hitting it squarely. The rat starts to scream in pain, and in response, WashuWamido places his hand on the rat's head, which begins to glow green. Surprisingly, the rat starts to calm down under WashuWamido's touch.. 

The hawk flies back to Beast Master, delivering a message about a dozen rats approaching their location. In response, Beast Master takes a deep breath and lets out a powerful shout. The rat monsters, seeing him as a formidable predator, become startled and their bodies start to tremble. They ultimately surrender and stop their advance.

Beast Master turns to WashuWamido with a smile and says,

 -- Let's call it a day --

 They both nod in agreement and continue on with their mission, successfully taming the rat monsters and guiding them to the designated underground facility provided by the MonsterTamer Guild.

In zone 4, an underground tunnel, Yuri and Brood Mother are on their mission. Brood Mother sets up her intricate web in all directions, Brood Mother has unique power she can create webs from her wrists. Anyone caught in her web becomes immobilized, and then she ensnares her prey and transforms them into her spiderlings.

 Yuri begins to meditate. Yuri have Mind Manipulation ability to tame a monsters, by inserting himself into their memories as a high authority figure, making them see him as their commanding officer. However, Yuri's mind control is limited to a maximum of five monsters at a time.

As they prepare for the approaching monsters, Brood Mother receives a signal from her web, indicating that a creature has been caught. She heads to the location and finds a tall, skinny monster trapped in her web. The monster is unable to move as he struggles against the strands. Suddenly, another humanoid monster appears, but to their surprise, it walks towards Yuri and starts attacking. However, just before it lands a hit on Yuri, the monster suddenly stops and kneels before him.

--- Young Master Yuri ---

The humanoid monster speaks in a respectful tone.

 

In zone 7, Enchantress and White Lion face a horde of destructive centaurs that are wreaking havoc and stealing from nearby establishments. Enchantress takes action and approaches the centaurs, summoning a horde of white butterflies to surround them. These butterflies release pheromones that make the centaurs fall in love with Enchantress, subduing them and making them infatuated with her.

On the other hand, White Lion summons a magnificent white ghost ship to aid in the capture. The ghost ship's cannons release chains that ensnare each centaur, pulling them towards the ship. Once aboard, the centaurs are locked up in cages, with iron collars around their necks that force them to obey White Lion's commands.

With their combined powers, Enchantress and White Lion manage to pacify the rampaging centaurs and subdue them, effectively putting an end to the destruction and theft in the area.

Meanwhile In zone 13, Mr. GON and Doom are facing a formidable foe in the form of a three-headed dog monster. Doom's ability to control monsters by striking them with his demonic cudgel proves ineffective against the lightning-fast dog, as it swiftly dodges all his attacks. On the other hand, Mr. GON uses special arrows to control monsters, but even his accurate shots fail to hit the agile dog monster.

Doom takes the frontline, relentlessly attacking the dog monster in an attempt to gain the upper hand. Meanwhile, Mr. GON provides support from the rear, firing his arrows to aid Doom. However, the clever dog monster notices their formation and targets Mr. GON first. With a powerful slam, the dog knocks Mr. GON unconscious. It then turns its attention to Doom and bites his arm, causing him to drop his cudgel. In desperation, Doom uses his dagger to cut off his own arm to free himself from the monster's grasp before it flees the scene.

Meanwhile, in Alice and Hiro's zones, an unusual calmness surrounds them. Unable to contain his curiosity, Hiro can't help but ask Alice about the man he saw with her yesterday.

- So how long have you been dating? - 

Alice appears confused.

-- Dating? --

- Yes, the man who picked you up yesterday - 

Alice chuckles.

-- "Why, are you jealous!? --

Hiro's cheeks slightly reddened, feeling a bit embarrassed by Alice's teasing response.

-- N-No, it's not like that! I was just wondering if he's a friend or something... --

Alice smiles playfully.

-- He's just my cousin. He likes to show off and act all protective sometimes. Don't worry about it. --

Hiro let out a relieved sigh, glad to know that there was no romantic involvement between Alice and the man from yesterday.

As they continue patrolling, they suddenly come across a chaotic scene in the center of the market. A large, fat monster is causing havoc, devouring other monsters without any restraint....

2