Chapter 133: Biomeditation
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Theme Music: In Name of Supernatural ~ Sydney (Tel Aviv) {Great Leap Forward}
or
Chapter Theme Music: Shiva Shankara ~ [Up From The Dust} (feat. Irina Mikhailova) {Desert Dwellers}


<02/29/2019 - 18:00 | 1010 Link Street, Marietta, GA, USA>

 

Not long after the metabolic reset I managed to invoke, I started making further connections and discovery to a very interesting process, one very rare and poorly understood, by most modern science and to my current understanding. Am I thrilled to have stumbled into this unknown? Not entirely.

Thanks to the metabolic reset on my long term medication, for the next few years at least, I should have a fairly robust system in place preventing me from experiencing any headache for an average of six days out of the week, with occasional slipups. In essence, my headaches are almost entirely gone! Temporary or not, it's really amazing that I managed to get this far.

With that said, I kind of have much less use of biomeditation, made further redundant onto me since I almost never receive any headaches exceeding a value in pain above eight. Sometimes, one may slip through the cracks, but even if it does, I have a backup plan for medication to prevent my hypertension parable from driving that headache all the way up to a level ten. This backup medication is in all purposes a mild sedative. The sedative prevents me from becoming hypertensive, and at most, caps out my maximum pain level of a strong headache to eight.

For reasons I'll list soon, this also means the ancient trick of biomeditation is useless to me. Thinking far back on it though, I think there were several instances where I accidentally invoked such a skill without realizing it, allowing me to reverse the pain of a headache if ever it was stronger than a level eight in the factor of pain. There was that one time where I sat under a fluorescent light for a few minutes and rose up perfectly cured from a level nine. Then there was another instance of a level eight, as I laid in the cabin bed at Wahsega, passing thirty minutes only to have the pain fully reduced to zero. After that, over the span of time, though rare, there were other instances similar in nature, where if I was hurting badly enough for long enough, I would either invoke emergency mode by accident, or something even stronger.

Because of the rarity and the difficulty in retaining memory during the process, I've for long never understood what this meant. Many around me accused me as 'having the ability to cure myself with light' as I grew up, but thinking back, I know there was always more to the story each time. I understood at least that there was a different level of consciousness involved in the process, though one I could not invoke at will or remember. So, this is the reason why it took so many years to only begin understanding what this strange process is, a natural ability that I presume most humans have within the body, the ability to heal or recover from ailments which would normally require sleep to remove.

Each time I've come across this process, I've retained a little more memory each time, bits and pieces, fragments that remain stronger through the test of time while I add several new variables to this process only to understand more. There is a lot more going on than light, and sound can help with this process to. Thus, I have currently dubbed this natural ability as, biomeditation; bio – meaning internal body, and meditation – meaning a concentrated form of altered consciousness required for the healing process.

Again, this process is no longer as useful to me as before - given my change in situation, but it is still plenty fascinating, especially since I feel I am on the verge of fully understanding more about how or why this could work, in myself and in other people. Getting biomeditation to become invoked within other people is the crux to my interest in this, the reason why I decided to have a whole chapter about it. This isn't some kind of made up gimmick to fill space; biomeditation is very much real. If I can do it, so can you.

Of course, there is only a specific interest group that would find such an ability useful. There are very few ailments that can come at any time and fade away with normal sleep, but headaches are certainly one of them. For those out there in the world who are chronic headache sufferers, who especially have experienced pain that made you want to end all things, I'm speaking directly to you, as well as any real and ethical scientists who may wish to gather the resources together to bring a later experiment of the sort to life.

What if I told you that by using a carefully crafted combination of light and sound, as well as a mental meditation process, you can bring a headache with a pain level of eight, nine, or ten, all the way down to a zero, without any medications, and without having to fall asleep and wait several hours to wake? It sounds hard to believe, but trust me; it's there! Think of how much more could be learned and later applied if such an experiment were to produce positive results, and lead into further improvements to the process of invoking biomeditation. The newest treatment to headaches could be right around the corner, and while it would not eliminate a root cause or prevent them from occurring, take it from me, a guy who has an unhealthy yet necessary addiction to a common painkiller; medications are not worth it, if it can be avoided. It's better than the current methods, and it may even lead other experts into understandings about how pain functions and how it can be removed by a simple diversion of thought.

By now, it may sound like I'm rambling a bit, beating around the bush to explain what biomeditation actually is and how it functions. I'm doing my best to get started, since it is a very difficult process to explain myself. All I can say for summary is, invoking biomeditation is essentially separating my conscious thoughts and awareness from my physical body without falling asleep, though entering a state very similar to stage one sleep, all with the assistance of light and special music as a kind of divergent motivator of stimulus. The music cannot be just any music, and in fact, from testing on myself, the only music files that work are fairly limited. I've been referring to these sound files as TPDs, to avoid confusion of comparing them to ordinary songs.

I'll get more into what TPDs are and how I believe they work, but first, I think a possible at-home demonstration could be in order. Don't worry, this little experiment is relatively safe, so long as you don't have a history of seizers or are prone to them. Of course, this experiment in full will only produce a real result of pain reduction if you are a chronic headache sufferer, currently in pain right now (as you begin the TPD), and whose pain level is a minimum of 8/10. Of course, even without the headache, others of you at home could also listen to a qualified TPD and test yourself; see if you can allow your mind to blank itself away from your conscious control and allow it to run on its own without any input, and without going to sleep. This will of course only work with at least high quality stereo speakers, not headphones.

 


Here is a very short list of viable TPDs to test out:
> Project Locus Arcadia "Dark Ambient from Night Sky" (compilation pack, mostly Sabled Sun, including "The Ark" and "Our Mechanical Children")
> Gateway to Sanctum (Lucid Dreaming Brainwave Music)
> Soundtrack to Hell [Atrium Carceri Archives] (Cryochamber)


It goes without saying that I never made these myself, though it is possible these can be modified with additional sound channels and separation techniques to further bring out their effectiveness. That said, most of what would be considered a TPD in this instance would fall closely to a soothing mix of ambience, often darkscape ambience, which one Youtuber, Cryochamber excels in greatly, in terms of rapid production/linking. The point is, more can be found, not all of them will qualify even if they sound soothing, and exactly what makes these TPDs so special beyond their intended design as sleep aids - is still not fully understood. With that out of the way, let's get into the practice of biomeditation.

I'll involve the steps first:

Step 1: Before attempting to invoke biomeditation, please begin with the setup of a perfect room. Eliminate all distracting stimuli which you have not set aside for this process. No TV, no other loud background noise, and no blinking or flashing lights. The use of a constant light source is optional. Prepare a good speaker system, preferred stereo, though surround sound is even better. Lay down somewhere soft for the process. Avoid sitting or standing entirely. If possible, avoid falling to sleep during the process as well, as sleep is not the intended result of the process.

Step 2: As you play the TPD at an appropriate and balanced volume, try to relax your mind as much as you possibly can. Clearing the mind is one method to relax, but it's actually okay if the mind decides to process random imagery on its own. Eventually, this music will assist in the process of separating the conscious part of the mind from the body's immediate stimulus. It will lead you to a similar state of mind in which you are on the absolute verge of sleep. Being exhausted or tired is not a requirement at this time. Focus on trying not to focus; cease all willing control and input to your body. Try not to think about breathing, blinking, or even the music itself. Instead, let your mind roam wild with whatever imagination or daydream it wants, and become part of it without having to think about it, without even reacting to it.

Step 3: If you've done step 2 properly, though it could take a few minutes, you will want to remain in this state for as long as possible. Entering biomeditation with or without a headache is actually the most difficult part of this experiment, especially since understanding this is part of an experience that cannot be so easily described on paper. Once you do enter biomeditation, it can be all too easy to accidentally snap out of it without meaning to. The slightest muscle twitch or desire to consciously process what might be going on is more than enough to end the biomeditation, though it can be reentered just as easily.

The goal of this biomeditation is to remain in this altered state of consciousness for as long as possible, consecutively in a single cycle, for a recommended time of 30 minutes and a maximum time of 60 minutes. For anyone trying this to eliminate pain, the goal is to separate and remove any potential reaction your mind and thoughts will have to this pain. Simply by ignoring its existence can biomeditation be mitigated more easily. The TPD sound file should have a few interesting effects, though mainly to influence the passive thoughts and daydreams as they flood by. Accept it. Don't try to fight it. Don't try to control the subject of the daydreams if you have any. Just let it all happen.

Step 4: Repeat step three as needed for a cumulative time frame of 30-60 minutes. If you had a tension headache at or above a level 8 and invoked biomeditation properly, you should notice a sharp reduction in pain afterwards. Of course, if you begin with a pain level below an eight, there is a good chance that this process will fail, even if you enter biomeditation successfully, (more on this later). If the TPD is too distracting or too bothersome to be implemented as soothing background noise, there are other TPDs to choose from. Long soundtracks and ambience (often used as sleep aids) is at least more likely to qualify as a TPD, and thus include specific sound waves which will help, should the listed example fail to work.

Step 5: After the process is complete, rise from the bed or ground slowly; take it very easy and limit your movements. This may drain you of some energy, and any wanted progress in pain reduction could potentially be undone in an instant if you try to bounce around like all is well. If this is only to test biomeditation states, simply replenish hydration and go about the day.

That's the process. In a personal setting, it can be very difficult to rig. I've thought about this for a while now, and, if I had the ability, resources, and funding available to turn this all into a real experiment, I would. I would call it 'The Biomeditation Experiment', and it would only involve a limited pool of potential patients who meet the qualifications of constantly experiencing intense pain from headaches at insane frequency, kind of like how I used to be. I'm not too unique in this; I'm positive there are many other humans in this world who are headache sufferers, people whose lives have been robbed from them unfairly, people who can't stand to be in pain any longer. Those would be excellent candidates for such an experiment, a purpose to help people while advancing an interesting angle of science through a strange kind of clinical trials. I already have a small amount of data on myself, though one or two is a very small sample size. I'd prefer 200 or more in addition to really see where this could go.

Light, sound, and mental awareness alterations can cure the strongest of headaches. I'm positive of this, and would stake my very reputation on it as well. Running such an experiment would be another story though. I'm just some random guy to the world. I may be in college, but not for any science degree. In the scientific community, I am merely a peasant, one without any money or clout. So, the ideas of such an experiment, even given a proper scientific proposal, I think would fall on deaf ears...

Yet this could help so many people, one day. In the interest of keeping this fresh on the mind, and after having reminded myself that I am fully capable of this very strange and unique healing power, I'll dedicate the remainder of this chapter to such a scientific proposal. If someone other than myself wanted to submit one for funding or some kind of approval rating, I think the proposal should look like this:

 



 

Biomeditation ~ The Subconscious Healing System

 

Intro

The thesis of an understudied natural phenomena, (Biomeditation) claims that the human body has an autonomic healing system (or one which balances the return of homeostasis when this is disrupted), and that this system is only efficient and noticeable during the phase of sleep, or rather lack of consciousness. Biomeditation is quickly defined as the process by which the mind and body working together under a meditative state can achieve this healing process at the same efficiency, without going to sleep.

      Imagine a world in which people who are unwell, specifically those with an afflicted ailment which can only be cured by rest, can suddenly be cured without the same loss of time applied in natural sleeping cycles. There are not many aliments, and regarding fatigue itself, sleep is ultimately unavoidable.

      This is why, in particular, the primary focus of the Biomeditation experiment, should not exclusively focus on the mysterious process of altered conscious separation, but rather the more critical and potential results of eliminating active headaches from patients, without falling to sleep, and if we’re lucky, within a maximum time frame of one hour per session.

      This thesis calls into question a few definitions of biomeditation and its implications on both the mind and the body. However, while these implications and theories are interesting to psychological and medical science, the focus of this proposed clinical trial should only be set to help ease or eliminate the suffering of chronic headache/migraine sufferers, particularly those with chronic and potent conditions. There is currently a level of understanding not achieved with the aspects of biomeditation and its effectiveness as a cure for headaches, which is why there is a demand for such an experiment, an attempt to further the study and confirm that a specific combination of lights and sound has the power to remove pain from the unfortunate, without actual medication. There also exists some preliminary data, which points to the elements of this experiment’s potential, however, lacking severely in sample size (two unofficial patients to date, with seven successes).

 

Overview

While this document only serves as a research prospect proposal, the overview of the experiments has both specific applications and integrations, as well as a large scale view on the potential ability of biomeditation, and what doors it could open if further developed. More significantly to those who suffer headaches at severe intensity or especially the former with high frequency, the success of biomeditation invocation can prove useful in eliminating symptoms of pain in as little as an hour or less.

      Typically, the proven (though not 100% effective) solution of sleep to cure a bad migraine is what most will go for, outside of medication, which in itself is imperfect and can cause more problems than it aims to solve. The problem is, the level of rest needed for a headache cure can range anywhere between 3-9 hours, and though this may prove true in the case of the biomeditation success rates on critical nodes, sleeping a headache off does not guarantee it will go away in just one sleeping cycle. One could state that the effective purpose of this experiment would be to develop a new system of specific pain removal which saves lots of time. Another could be a means to further explore how the mind (while at rest) functions differently than it does when fully conscious, potentially leading to many more prospects that could further the effectiveness of biomeditation, and unveil other phenomena in the human brain.

      The general process of biomeditation is at least understood enough to a level where experimentation can begin, easily so. Sample size, facilities, funding, and existing sample data are the main components currently missing from the project. A clinical facility can be repurposed to suit the needs of clinical trials. Combined with enough staff, trials can be ran on many willing subjects with full disclosure; there is no requirement for a blind experiment, and very low risk of placebo data contamination.

 

Definitions

The process being called “biomeditation” is one of personal nomenclature, though it pertains to a particular process not too-well defined. The pain scale factor must also be defined, as it will become a key value in data collection before and after stages of the experiment. In addition, since this experiment will involve a special collection of light and sounds, the specialized music files dedicated to be used will be referred to as TPDs (Tension Perturbation Diffraction).

      Beginning with Pain Scale Factor, this will be a positive-only integer ranging between 0 and 10, with only one decimal point allowed, and must be specified only by the patient in question. On a scale of zero to ten, the patient will (and given a history of chronic condition, should) report this value to staff before and after the experiment. Zero, being the lowest tick will indicate a total lack of any pain, regardless of whether or not the body is tense, and regardless of all other symptoms. Any value at or above 1.0 represents a registered degree of physical pain, isolated explicitly to the brain and nowhere else. As such, levels higher will represent increased levels of pain, with ten becoming the maximum perceivable pain per patient. (Level ten values usually are presented within patients who are screaming and unable to function normally). The aim of the sessions would of course be to eliminate an initial high value to a final low value.

      Where it pertains to the process of invoking biomeditation, this will be a divided process of effort between the staff, the equipment used, and also to some degree, the patient. In order to help define biomeditation, we must first examine the different available states of consciousness in humans. Keeping things basic, full consciousness implies a state of awakeness, in that sleep is currently not engaged in a subject (C Value of 1). On the other end, the opposing level of consciousness which blocks out the conscious reaction to all external stimuli, sleep, is another state, one of unconsciousness (C Value of 0). Disregarding the different stages of sleep, there are also altered states of consciousness, in this case implying states that are between consciousness and unconscious, (C Values between 1 and 0).

      Similarly to only the very first stage of sleep (or rather its prelude), the body begins its preparation for sleep, but the person in question is still awake, just barely awake enough that any sudden or significant mental signal can interrupt the process and cancel the attempt of sleep. During this first stage process, the body is fully relaxed and the mind space of all conscious thoughts is quiet.

      This first stage of sleep is similar in the process of activating biomeditation, in that both processes involve an altered state of consciousness that is neither fully awake nor asleep, where the body is fully relaxed and the mind clear of all heavy thought process, critical thinking, or any thought processes which elicit conscious piloting. (In this state, the mind is not blank, but all thoughts are piloting themselves via subconscious subroutines, like daydreaming with zero control or influence on the daydreams). Achieving this altered state of consciousness is surprisingly difficult. However, in this instance, while similar, the altered state of consciousness when achieved, held, and anchored, differs slightly from the exact state and moment where one is only seconds from falling to sleep, and in this use, can function for as long as the subject does not fully fall into a sleep. Since it is possible even during the state of biomeditation to suddenly fall unconsciousness and into sleep, keeping this state active is another challenge, one that must be met with the support and practice of the person trying to achieve this state. Since this state provides very little if any measurable or noticeable benefit to the target outside of maximized pain reduction, it has for this likely reason gone unnoticed in general society.

      In effect, biomeditation is the exact process and moment of invocation, in which this altered state of consciousness is willingly achieved and held for as long as possible and necessary. Because the mind and body are both in a fully relaxed state, regardless of whether the target is fully asleep or not, the subconscious protocols responsible for effecting any repairs, boosting immune system operations, or other healing phenomena are thought to become more active. Though perhaps an alternate explanation is at play. It may instead reveal that simply separating the conscious response to immediate stimuli, thereby removing the conscious reaction to harmful stimulus, is what allows the subconscious process to gradually reduce the symptoms of physical pain from the brain. In such a process, the mind and body relax to a point in which gradual pain reduction may occur, simply because the gradual reduction was being impeded, both by a previously unrelaxed state, and by one’s own conscious reaction and response to pain (cringing, tensing, fidgeting, verbal outburst, spasms, hyperventilating, rapid blinking, etc.).

      When it comes to headaches and migraines, there can be quite a few distinct different variations of these painful ailments, and an infinite number of personal causes. For the purpose of biomeditation experiments, the focus shall be both on tension headache sufferers and migraine sufferers. Understanding the difference in both will eventually become paramount, though the understanding in how tension headaches quickly develop is simple enough to understand in only a few sentences. With tension headaches in general, the biggest threat to the sharp and quick increase of pain comes down to a scary and closed feedback loop between internal body tension and the pain level itself. Be it from the chicken or the egg, an amount of tension within the body will cause the pain felt to become worse, which will then increase the tension felt throughout the body, as well as that person’s conscious reactions to such pain, which then feeds back into an increased rise in pain from the increasing tension. Breaking this feedback loop is actually part of the process of biomeditation, short for biological meditation. If the conscious mind suddenly becomes unable or unwilling to react to the increased level of tension or pain in the body, then by all standards, both symptoms should fall, given a long enough period of time. Removing all possible physical reactions from pain is however more challenging than it sounds, especially when the pain scale factor level is already high enough to make a grown man scream.

      Migraines are a trickier tangent to crack. In theory, the process should all work the same, reducing negative symptoms once the ability to react to those symptoms is removed. However, the initial means of invoking biomeditation, at least in this experiment requires both the use of light and sound, which migraine patients will unfortunately become hypersensitive to. It may wind up proving impossible to produce wanted results in migraine sufferers at all, though there is currently no data for or against the support of this claim.

      Biomeditation aims to achieve and maintain this altered state of consciousness, by means of multiple simultaneous distractions of the conscious focus to all other external stimuli. If this state can be achieved, the patient’s exact response and previous reaction to their physical pain would in theory be eliminated in the moment, giving the body the ability to fully relax. As a result, with the temporary absence of all intense or critical focus to thought, the subconscious mind should have more room to respond appropriately to the pain, though, the exact process behind this action is unknown. If the mind space of all conscious thoughts can be disrupted and distracted, in such a manner where no critical effort of focus is engaged at the same time (daydreaming without any effort or manual control) for long enough, the altered state of consciousness needed can be achieved. However, maintaining this state will be very difficult, because any sudden increase in conscious mental activity can exit the altered state and allow the patient to become fully conscious again, from something as simple as a sudden cough/sneeze, to something as complex as a failed attempt to keep the mind in this state.

      This of course is where the exposure to light and sound come in, specifically the TPD becoming more important and significant than light, to what exact value unknown. TPDs (Tension Perturbation Diffraction via sound) are special sound files; not just any run of the mill music will do, even if the music is designed as a sleep aid with unusual frequency ranges. While they can technically be referred to as music audio, these files emit specific sound frequencies at specific patterns, all without becoming too disruptive in a manner that would annoy the subject listening to the file. In addition to this, existing TPDs, or new ones that can be generated, can be further enhanced in their desired effect if supplemental surround-sound channels can be added and dispersed evenly throughout the room or space that the patient would be lying in. A TPD song with eight music channels of surround sound dispersed throughout the room, can be set so that specific speaker angles are activated and changed up frequently and congruently, in parallel to the average tempo of the music, further increasing effectiveness, if the TPD carries the weight it is supposed to.

      Defining a TPD song can be difficult, as there are only a handful of eligible songs, some of which can be emotional, while others are more of a darkscape ambiance, but they all have the same singular goal in mind when the files affect the patient. The goal of the TPD is to create enough soothing noise combined with repetitive, (though distractive), sounds waves (isolated or within the music), which will coax the conscious mind to a more relaxed state, and further maintain the altered state after it is achieved, as the conscious response to stimuli will remain hooked on these sound files, thus distracting those thoughts from interrupting the biomeditation process. Think of it like outsourcing all conscious processing to processing the light and sound exclusively, without the critical thinking involved.

      Of course, a TPD in a sense can be seen as the medicine in these trials, to a degree of comparability. Previous data suggests that even sound files when used this way have a manner of tolerance and resistance from the exact same files, so collecting more samples should be another priority. Combining this bombardment of special sound with a static amount of fluorescent light, and low-powered effort from the patient, biomeditation can be achieved and held for as long as needed, even up to an hour of time, perhaps longer. During this time, the removal from the reaction to pain will allow the temporary calm state of the mind and body to give room to the subconscious headache removal process normally experienced during full sleep, without the sleep. Because partial consciousness will remain, the target’s active memory of the moment will remain intact, though it is likely to become frayed and highly vague from the start, since memory retainment would not have been a high mental priority in the moment of this process.

 

Prospect of Experiment

The prospect of the Biomeditation experiment will be to establish a facility of quiet space and divided sound-proof rooms, with an uninterrupted area of space, to then use this facility with carefully selected relevant patients to induce biomeditation states in each patient, recording and collecting mass amounts of data to determine the validity and effectiveness in Biomeditation overall. The experiment is also open to further opening conclusions, by the time data can later be analyzed.

      Because the use of pain killers and other medications is likely to contaminate the data, patients coming in will have to refrain from taking these drugs in the first place. It may be possible later, if biomeditation inducing attempts go poorly, to allow patients to take very small or weak doses of sleep aids or very mild sedatives while fighting the sleep itself, though this is not a realistic avenue foreseen by the experiment prospect, if favorable results are to be produced. In addition to this, while the purpose of the data collection relies on the patient not falling asleep on purpose or accident, having this failed attempt each time at invoking or maintaining the biomeditation will slow the progress of the experiment at large. However, given the ethical concern of keeping a patient in severe pain awake when sleep could also help, they should not be forced to awaken too soon if they do fall under, and instead, discouraged from sleeping in the first place. Perhaps patients with repeated failures via sleep should be excluded from further sessions, if the occurrence happens too many times.

      Though the specifics are mentioned later, previous data strongly suggests that this biomeditation process, even if successfully invoked in a person currently afflicted with a pain scale level above 0, will fail to make any positive difference or total reduction in the pain scale factor after the process is complete, even if maintained for more than an hour. The effect seems to extend all the way towards around level 7 and 8. What this means is, if the biomeditation experiment is conducted for any purpose on a patient whose starting pain scale factor is below a level 7/10, then the ending pain scale factor will not decline at all, and at most may only go down by one point if starting from 7 instead of 8. This has been tested to the top level, proving that the biomeditation process when done properly has the most effect in pain scale reduction if the starting pain level was already at a 10. The process is more likely to reduce a level 10 to a level 0, than it is to reduce a level 9 to a level 2, and so on. Of course, for any starting pain level, the biomeditation may temporarily relieve visible symptoms, until the state is disrupted again, but there will be no positive end result outside of a high starting point. The reason for this is yet to be understood.

      The implications of this requires careful vetting of those who will be eligible test subjects. Because the process doesn’t work on subjects who are not currently at a high pain level, this will severely limit the eligible pool of patients who can realistically improve the undertaking of the total experiment. This also proposes some logical problems with eligible patients even if they can be found or enlisted. The available scale for a most potent session will in effect require a starting pain level of eight or higher, which in most people already severely limits basic movement and balance, let alone the ability to drive safely in many instances. The questions broken down could be, how to get patients in if they cannot arrive to the facility on their own power, or, should a special housing facility be added for those who have proven both severe and frequent suffering? Additional challenges may arise in the recruiting process itself. While a campaign can be made to attract and call on these specific and unique individuals, the act of doing so will certainly create a massive pool of potential candidates, which all must be vetted individually. It would be wise to only accept the patients eligible for the experiment, but being so selective may have some negative impact on public opinion of the research firm; consider this a simple footnote.

      Another implication which can be made, though totally incomplete and theoretical, is that the brain has quite a few hidden functions that it may invoke under extreme stress or extreme circumstances. One question coming to surface is, why? Why does the process of biomeditation favor the ones who are already in excruciating pain to begin with, instead of those who are highly uncomfortable, yet still barely functional? Is there some special mechanism which is capable of being triggered if one tenses and screams in agony for over thirty minutes with no medication or relief? To some extent, the brain itself, rather the subconscious mind is capable of understanding that the body is in intense pain, and may - as a result act in some way to relieve the problem, using the advantage gained during biomeditation as a means to conduct such an unknown operation. These are but more questions desired to be answered by the experiment after enough data can be analyzed.

      The data itself which should be analyzed will mostly be significant change (reduction), in the pain factor after the session per patient is finished, and notations for all variables should be accounted for, such as, whether the altered state was achieved or not, and for how long. In total, empirical conclusions can be drawn about the ratio of effectiveness for this process. By extension, it may further point the door down theoretical reasons why this works, and which parts of the brain activate most to make it happen. There are two goals here. One is to help people. The other is to learn more. The more that can be learned, if results do become promising, the more likely it is that people can be helped, perhaps eventually, even those whose pain level starting point is below a level 8. There could be a means of expanding the process to make it far more effective, or easier to apply. It may also explain a potential link to this same process, and hypnosis.

      The prospect of the experiment has many angles, though very well-defined goals, both in individual sessions, and the potential conclusions which may be drawn from them. It was mentioned already that the maximum possible time frame for each session would be one hour, though perhaps positive expansion in the research will reduce this time frame much further, maybe even coming to a point where a simple ten-minute sound file played with headphones could become a widely known cure for severe headaches. Ambitious as this may sound, there is a long way to go, as this experiment has not really started beyond two unofficial test subjects and their personal anecdotes. There may yet be a very high demand for desired results in such a project, if not in a number of people, then in the weight of additional funding by those who share a desire to develop a breakthrough for headache sufferers. To advance the progress of helping people feel less pain, while also learning from it; that is the prospect of this experiment.

 

Previously Collected Data

While it isn’t much, there is a significant amount of information from previously recorded successful invocations of biomeditation from two unnamed persons. Much of the prospects of this experiment is based on factors from this data, such as the functions and uses of a TPD audio file, or the fact that the biomeditation process itself is far less effective until starting with a very high pain scale factor to begin with. A lot could be learned from very few subjects, though only if there are very frequent and willing proper invocations of the process, which implies frequent headaches above level 8 and TPDs which work well even if they cycle to different files. The basis of the larger experiment comes from this preliminary data, because, even though little is known, there is obviously something to it.

 

Required Variables and Equipment

The required equipment to operate such an experiment would first be the proper facilities and administration needed to conduct these clinical trials. The facilities would need specialized patient rooms used to conduct sessions of biomeditation. In order for this to be possible, additional specifications and modifications to these patient rooms will need to be made.

      One such specification for each room will be a comfortable place to lay down, a bed for each patient. Consequently, each bed will need to be sanitized after each use before bringing in additional patients. The lighting structure of each room will also be important, though without much difficulty in the setup process. Simply put, the lighting system preferred is white florescence stationed directly above the bed (close vertical distance not needed). In addition, it is preferred that observatory panels are set up for each room, as a means of monitoring the patient for any unusual or unexpected abnormalities. Due to the additional staff this may require, the consideration is optional, though preferred to keep each session more involved and error free.

      One final and most important factor for room specifications is the intricate sound system, along with special sound-proof padding to all of the walls, preventing the noise from escaping into other rooms. The sound system should consist of at least four speaker devices interconnected to the same music system for TPD playback, in this instance using spacious surround sound. Preliminary suggestions however show that a recommended amount of six or eight speaker systems should be utilized, while TPDs have their audio channels modified in specific manners as to flip between multiple speakers in an unpredictable yet consistent pattern during playback.

      The use of EEG monitoring equipment is thought at this time to be optional and not needed. However, having and using such equipment may further enrich the data which is collected from each patient. At this time, EEG scans used in this manner should remain an open option to the consideration of the experiment.

      Basic and consistent air conditioning is preferred. It isn’t known if temperature differences may throw off the results being aimed for. Patients should consider bringing a jacket just in case, due to the frequent nature of how intense headaches can often mess with a person’s internal thermostat.

      Basic computer equipment would be needed for data collection and processing, as well as backup data solutions.

      Aside from appropriate staffing to handle the facility and the experiment, there should also be a formed agreement in line for a nearby emergency facility or an emergency transport solution to be readily available. Since this is technically a clinic-like environment, it may become necessary to quickly export a patient to emergency hospital care, especially given a possible risk of seizers (later mentioned in this document). Having at least one emergency vehicle nearby or on standby to this facility would be prudent.

 

Required Sample Source

As mentioned above, the specific sample source of potential patients has a very narrow pool of eligibility. It may in fact prove useful to establish and develop a realistic minimum number of possible clients before spending too much initial funds on the setup of the experiment, because without enough of a sample size, the experiment would fall in jeopardy.

      While anyone from across the world would be welcome, the biomeditation process will only currently work on patients who have a pain scale factor level of eight or higher, as the session begins. Since this can sometimes change throughout time in certain people, it is important to consider blocking session admittance to those who, at the time of the near beginning of the process, does not present high enough symptoms. It should also be prudent to rely on patients who have a very strong history of intense headache frequency. Using repeat patients is encouraged to a degree, to further solidify the effectiveness of the session treatment.

      It must also be stated to reject admittance to patients who suffer from headache types which deviate from the two categories of focus; tension headaches and migraines. Cluster headaches, Sinus headaches, menstrual headaches, injury-related headaches, and hangover headaches are not in the scope of this experiment. In addition to this, patients who have previously taken any painkillers, preventative drugs, or sleep-aids in the last six hours should not be allowed to take part in the session, until such drugs have left the body.

      While the exact scope of sample data to be collected is not currently defined, an initial estimate will be made that at least 250 unique qualifying individuals should be tested and put under the experiment of biomeditation sessions when symptoms are present. Under similar conditions, repeat visitors are welcome, and will add to the accuracy of all collected data by the end of the data acquisition phase.

 

Required Sample Data and Intake Variables

Other than the obvious data variable of pain scale factor being recorded over time, other input data should be recorded with each session. One vector of interest would be a high-quality microphone connected to an audio analyzer system, which will carefully record all sound-wave frequencies at their specific amplitudes, which may later be used to determine if specific frequencies at specific volumes have a stronger impact on the experiment, and may further enable the development of newer, better TPDs.

      Another data point to add, though not totally critical, could be dietary information. Deviations from a balanced diet may lead to slightly different end results, whether positive or negative, such as a higher than average intake of sodium or a lower amount of carbohydrates. Collecting and attaching preliminary dietary data to each patient may help establish a possible link between the diet and the ease of ability to properly invoke biomeditation.

      A third and important factor to record is time. For each session, both a global maximum time should be recorded, as well as individual increments of how long a biomeditative state is maintained. Patients may wind up frequently breaking out of their altered states by pure accident or due to a lack of focus and understanding in how to maintain it. The amount of time one is left in this altered state each increment should be recorded, the experiment not ceasing until absolutely necessary, or until the maximum time of one hour has passed. There may be moments where the patient makes a successful headache recovery in less time than one hour; in this case, the session will end early, the time will be recorded for the amount used, and the data recorded as is.

      Carrying this in mind, of the established sample size desired, the border of this size should be expanded slightly in the instance of an inconclusive result from a session, resulting in improper biomeditation. That is to say, if the sample size of data needed is 100, but ten patients fall asleep consistently and fail to invoke the process properly, then ten additional data points need to be brought in to accommodate for the contaminated data.

      Attached binary data should also be combined and collected from patients directly, in whether or not they properly allow the lights from above to fill their eyes without thinking about it, or if they allowed their eyes to stay shut, and for how long a period. It is thought that adding light to the process should assist the biomeditation, though there is not full certainty in this. Even if there is, the effect may differ between patients who are migraine sufferers and those who suffer from tension headaches.

      As it may be impossible to collect an even size of these two different headache types, a scale of proportions may need to apply for data adjustments before total analysis begins. Furthermore, any additional symptoms that arise from the result of the experiments should be carefully documented.

 

Data Filtration

Most of this process has already been explained, though the most important data point to note over time will be the pain scale factor as it changes (or fails to change) during the course of each session. There will undoubtedly be plenty of sessions that either fail to alleviate any pain in the patient, or sessions where the pain reduction is considered too low to be considered a success. Successes and fails must all be recorded together, for a total of at least 200 successes out of the variable sample data above 250 unique individuals.

      After data collection phases are complete, the data points can be filtered to help look for any anomalies or determine any correlative lines of cohesion. For example, if only the failures are excluded, the data which can be reviewed will draw out and highlight any positive outliers or promising factors within the data, hopefully to point into a direction of possible factors which may have contributed the most, such as a specific TPD frequency, or a specific duration of the biomeditation.

      Likewise, if we only blacklist the successes and look at all the failed sessions, it may be possible to eliminate or control any factors hampering the progress of the sessions overall, assuming these factors are not trivial and within control. For example, perhaps those who fail to benefit from the sessions process sounds a bit differently. There are a number of ways to analyze the data based on charts and graphs after sample data is collected.

 

Possible Vector Conclusions Predicted

There is a wide margin of possible conclusions which may come of this total experiment. While it cannot be known in advance what will happen or how successful the experiment will be to the patients, we can at least open up a number of likely conclusive results which may be drawn out of the experiment in total. These will be listed here.

      The number one goal of the experiment is to produce enough of a strong correlation to prove that biomeditation, when combined with specific TPD sound waves and perhaps a bombardment of fluorescent lighting can reduce or eliminate pain from a headache in patients who would otherwise be unable to live daily life in their moment. If certain TPDs can be isolated as more effective than others, it may also present an opportunity to research specific sound waves in the music and their played frequencies and angle of source (angle from the patient), to determine if these sounds alone have any additional effect on people, biomeditation or no.

      Of course, it is realistic to remain open to the possibility that the reverse may happen, in which hundreds of sessions produce no correlating evidence that these sessions have any effect on headaches. The reasons could be looked into, but I remain skeptical that this wide scale experiment could remain in funding if such a conclusion is drawn. These things tend to happen sometimes.

      Since the outcome of failure leaves little in the ways of potential conclusion vectors, we will continue to focus on what may come of successful sessions. One easy conclusion to draw is whether or not florescent light actually has any effect at all on the reduction during a session. Preliminary data shows this to be likely, but again, preliminary data is only based on two sample subjects with little certainty around this thought process. If the evidence holds up that lights help most of these patients, it likely means that the light itself acts as a kind of support in distracting parts of the mind that would otherwise shift a patient out of biomeditation after achieving it. Alternatively, it may have no relation at all. Since we must also filter data between tension headaches and migraine headache sufferers, this factor may further expand.

      The variables of noise and sound also play the same role. There is already strong certainty that the special sound waves of a TPD are vital to the successful invocation of biomeditation, but there is more to it than simply playing music. One of the design setups for each session included the need for a special surround sound set up with at least four (eight recommended) isolated speaker systems, which can be made to play the TPD after it has been edited and split into eight audio channels, cycling quickly while in sequential patterns. Preliminary data was collected on two subjects who did not have surround sound capability, so this is also another vector of a hypothesis to confirm or reject. The basic idea is that the shifting angle of directional noise combined with the TPD itself will further assist in keeping the attention of the consciousness where it fails to be controlled and isolated within the patient’s mind, as they try to separate all they feel from their physical body. When the direction of noise stimulus changes, this causes the brain to divert slightly more attention onto it. This could actually have a positive consequence, a negative consequence, or pose no difference in the experiment overall.

      Another small, though inconsequential result may be success in those with tension headaches while those who suffer migraines will not benefit from this experiment, perhaps due to an inability to ever achieve biomeditation, or an inability to accept the noise of the TPD around them. This could help draw possible hypotheses about how or why the mind reacts in negative mannerisms to light and sounds, though this line of thinking is without much initial basis even from this possible conclusion.

      Factors outside the experiment may also contribute to unique conclusions. One example of this may be in dietary data. Perhaps it may turn out that biomeditation, when working, will only be successful on individuals with specific dietary parameters. This is the reason why we want to collect as much physical information about each patient as possible. Something as arbitrary as food could encourage or discourage the process. The same could be said for other environmental factors as well.

      Possible conclusions aside, there are also alternate branching hypotheses which may come alive from the success or partial success of the experiment. Let’s assume for instance, in our hypothetical future that 73% of patients of perfect candidates experience positive results in their sessions with light and TPD combinations. If the conclusion supports the design of the experiment, it may make many presentations about how the brain reacts to light and sound, when divided between the conscious and subconscious. From here, neurologists and psychologists might be able to hypothesize or elaborate further on what this altered state of consciousness is and how it further may be achieved. It may draw openings into the idea of how distracting and segmenting the conscious part of the mind from the body allows the pain to dissipate from each subject, be it some unknown internal biological healing process, or simply the distraction of pain potent enough for the body to forget about the pain in the first place. These opening questions may even lead to better, more in-depth experiments that have a stronger focus of effect in determining exactly what is necessary for guaranteed success in biomeditation pain reduction.

      One ultimate goal of the Biomeditation Experiment is to wind up in a position where future experiments can be carried out with better designs and narrow effects to answer the new hypotheses coming from the initial success. If most of the success depends primarily on the exact type of TPD used, we can isolate it and apply similar sound waves to future patients, and by extension, study the effects of these sound waves in other manners. To be more specific about the grand benefit of this way of thinking, there may be openings which in effect make biomeditation experiments more effective in the future, in potency and a reduction of required time spent in a biomeditative state. In the previous example involving 73% success rate among perfect candidates, we may learn of methods to refine the process, increasing this ratio to 90% or higher. Who knows? It may even be possible to learn from one experiment and extend this success by modifications to people who suffer from migraines, cluster headaches, injury-headaches, and other headache classifications as well. This so far, is only a small pool of potential vectors that may come of the anticipated results.

 

Possible Medical Risks and Required Intake Info

While there is very little in the matter of risk being taken by each patient, considering the total lack of medication to be administered, there is not much the facility would need to prepare for in the name of a medical emergency. This does not mean that the risk is zero, and so the need for options to export a patient in the event of an emergency should be prepared in advance, and that each patient carefully read over their accepted risk before even agreeing to become part of the patient pool.

      The biggest possible threat one could think of with light and sound combinations is the threat of a seizer. Even among those who are not prone to seizers, the possibility of having one due to the sounds of a TPD cannot be ruled out. Exactly what qualifies a soundtrack as a usable TPD is still loosely defined, and therefore understudied. Given this premise, it is not unreasonable to assert that these TPDs could pose a seizer risk to any and all patients. To those who are not known to have seizers or are not prone to them, the current and initial estimated risk is 0.03%.

      If a willing candidate explains to the team that they have a history of seizers in the past, this risk will greatly become amplified for them specifically. It cannot yet be made certain how this experiment will affect them, so there is the need for informed consent on these risks. Whether or not such a patient will be accepted in the experiment even with history of seizers is yet to be determined, as this kind of instruction should be left up to administration, following the proper procedures for waiving facility responsibility if the patient agrees on paper not to sue should something go wrong after insisting they take part in the process.

      Aside from this main consideration, other medical related risks that could arise would likely come from medications a patient may take when outside of the facility, or prior to admittance into a session. We explained earlier how certain unknown factors, such as painkillers that the patient self-administers prior to entering our session would dramatically ruin the results of their specific data point, but there is also personal medical risk to this as well. The scary truth in this matter is that some patients may lie about whether or not they have taken any medications prior to their session after being approved for one. Someone for example may be dragged into the facility, kicking and screaming (because they are currently at a pain scale factor of 9/10), and become admitted into a session, only to lie about taking Tylenol just prior to getting here. In such an instance, aside from the data becoming useless on the biomeditation experiment, the patient also engages in the risk that something could go wrong with their own medication during the session, putting them in a position of a medical emergency, and requiring them to be transported to the nearest hospital. Perhaps the patient in their extreme discomfort overdoses in the same day without realizing. Perhaps their medications puts them in a state of severe or rapid dehydration that only worsens during the sessions. While this example may sound extreme and uncommon, it would be best to prepare for the eventuality. There is good reason to ask about prior medication before each session, and if it is possible to detect deceit in such patients prior to their session, the method should be considered as a possible option.

      Of course, some medical emergencies may happen regardless of the time, place, or ingredients inside of someone at any sudden moment. Because the facility in this experiment would more closely match the specifications of one made for clinical trials, it’s important to recall that such a facility is unlikely to have the necessary equipment or trained staff for the randomness in particular emergencies. What if a patient, during a session, has a heart attack or an asthma attack? Maybe a brain tumor left unnoticed has advanced too far and renders a patient to critical condition aside from their headache. What if someone comes in and passes out, not from dehydration or a fainting spell, but something far more serious? The unusual is unlikely, but always possible. Therefore, it pays to be prepared. Any clinic should always have at least one medical transport stationed and on standby, ready to quickly get any patient in critical condition to the nearby hospital, where they will be in better care. In this instance, the risk of something going wrong is not related to the experiment, but rather the everyday risk of having a variety of unhealthy ailments while in the care of this facility.

 

End Goals and Additional Avenues

If the end of the experiment concludes that biomeditation has a positive effect of reduction on headaches, then it will strongly influence the significant role the process plays on meditative healing procedures. Biomeditation, whether its nomenclature changes or not will become more recognized as an invokable phenomena, and the confident statement that light and sound can cure strong headaches without medication would likely buzz society with the possibilities of this use. After all, the end goal of this entire experiment, is to add another, healthier, safer means of eliminating pain in those who suffer it so frequently and strongly. The additional hypothesis vectors from such success may also lead to further refined experiments of a similar nature, with their end goals to increase the variety of people who can be helped this way. Instead of only being effective on those with a level 8 or higher headache, the results from the first may improve results of the second and third. One day, there could be a means of reducing a level 5 headache all the way down to zero, after simply listening to a TPD with biomeditation for only thirty minutes.

      On the other hand, the experiment may fall apart. While not desired, it is a realistic possibility that too few conclusions can be made about the effectiveness of biomeditation. Most would understand what would happen if this result pulls through, though this does not mean the collected data would be meaningless, nor the premise of the experiment for that matter. Preliminary data does in fact reveal, the possibility that this state of biomeditation is possible to achieve with the proper focus and TPD for support. Maybe biomeditation will fail to have any impact on headaches, but still prove to be useful for another purpose, after careful and continued examination by other scientists. After all, knowledge is never a negative; what can be learned from a failure in this experiment may one day bolster an alternate, equally helpful process.



The explanation can be perplexing as it is presented entirely in the format of an official scientific proposal, and a raw one lacking experience at that, but I think it gets the basic idea across. If we ever want to learn much more about biomeditation, this is one good means of progressing the knowledge, by implementing an experiment like this one and later publishing the findings. If I had the means to actually do so, I'd launch, influence, or head up a project like this myself. If somebody else steals my idea and runs with it the same way, aiming to help those whose lives are worse than hell, I won't lose a lot of sleep over it, so long as everything remains ethical in actual practice.

      What do you think about all of this? I've personally tried ordinary meditation (as practiced by yogis), and it didn't do me much help, not that it lacks any use. That said, the mind and body behave very differently when the brain isn't dragging around the processing power of the conscious mind in the moment. Maybe there are other mysteries to this as well, the kinds I never thought about yet...

 

 

 

1