Getting the hang of things
133 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting a look at the celebrity system I inspected myself. I was really in the body of Vegeta. I went from being 6'ft in my last life to being 5'3. It will take some time to get used to. I immediately tried to go super saiyan and found that I could only raise the pebbles around me slightly and have a faint dull grey aura that surrounded my body.

I tried to will Ki to my right hands index finger and middle finger tip and once I felt like it was enough I pointed it towards a nearby tree and shot it out like my hand was a gun. I unintentionally had put too much power into the blast and it not only destroyed the tree, but it continued on and destroyed everything in it's path for about 50ft. After seeing the blast, I quickly ran away in the opposite direction in hopes nobody saw my previous actions.

Luckily nobody had been around and had gotten caught up in that blast. I'll have to be more careful in the future.

Next I attempted to fly. I jumped up a few times and nothing happened. After thinking for a bit I realized I probably needed to use KI to fly. I had watched dragon ball before, but I had very little memory of the mechanics. I have to just figure it out as I go.

After enveloping my body in ki I willed myself off the ground and started to fly. It didn't take long till I got the hang of it and looked like ive always flown.

After flying a bit I decided to check my status.

-♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦-

NAME: Aeric

AGE: 26

RACE: Saiyan

TITLES: Royalty, The Only Saiyan, Otherworlder

TITLE PERKS:

Royalty - (Can establish domain)

The Only Saiyan - (Host's DNA cannot be seen, studied, or used by others without Host's consent and host's powers cannot be copied. )

Otherworlder - Can speak and understand any language and breathe on any planet.

[Titles are very rarely obtained, but are obtainable in the future. They are obtained by doing the near impossible, or if a title is given to the host through legitimate ceremony's]

SAIYAN RANK:  Saiyan

BASE POWER LEVEL: 17,200

TAIL STATUS: Removed by God. A free lotto will be given in it's place when host unlocks SS1

SKILLS: None

-♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦-

Not having a tail is both a blessing and a curse and honestly I'm bummed out that I don't have it, but I can still get stronger than anyone else given time with my Saiyan power ups. Not only that I get an extra lotto spin in replace of it. I don't know if it's the same as the karma lotto, but if it is, it could be an even bigger gain. I'll have to check  out the domain perk in the future when I have found a place to call my own.

Looking down at the gloomy city below and the blimps flying beside me I understood why the system gave me the task to volunteer at Wayne orphanage.

I was in Gotham. After i'm done with my task I plan to leave as soon as possible. I want to avoid any and every superhero and villain I could. I want to live a long life and although I possessed a saiyan body, I was well aware that I was not invincible. At the very least I can be assured I am not likely to be one shotted by some random super.

With my celebrity system and my past experience I hope to become famous in other ways than being a Hero. Of course, if someone needs to be saved and I am around I will save them because it's within my capabilities, but I won't be rushing out looking for trouble.

After landing beside Wayne Orphanage I quickly thought to myself "System store" and the system store popped up in front of me.

The store had all kinds of items, but sadly none that could make me stronger. Although I haven't done my task yet and haven't gotten my 100 coins, it seems the system was generous enough to provide me with a welcome package. It consisted of 1 Tuxedo with a tie instead of a bow, 1 masquerade mask, 1 top hat, 1 red/black cape, 1 cane/sword, and 10 system shop coins.

Trying on the tuxedo I noticed it fit me perfectly as if someone had done my measurements and tailored it just for me. It did not appear to fit before I put it on. Weird. I put on the mask and top hat right after. The top hat covered my spiky long hair perfectly and the mask had no string but somehow stuck to my face as if by magic. The cane/sword was interesting, but not really needed aside from aesthetic purposes.

I looked alright in the outfit, but thought I should change back to my previous clothing. As soon as I thought about changing the whole getup disappeared leaving me naked outside a childrens orphanage. WHAT. THE. FU#*! I quickily put on my old clothes. Imagine being caught by Batman outside his childrens orphange while streaking?  Luckily I was in the alley next to it and nobody saw me. Still... it caught me off guard.

I thought about putting on the masquerade costume and just by thinking about it, it appeared over my current clothes. I immediately understood how it worked. This costume will be perfect to hide my identity if I ever get caught up in anything and will be good until I can find something better. I'm not a fan of the look, but Iv'e got to work with what ive got for now.  I willed the costume away and it disappeared as if it was never there.

Looking at my 10 shop coins I looked up what I could buy in the shop for 10 coins. A number of items popped up and none of them were great. I'm guessing the good stuff cost a lot more coins. The kind of items I could buy were things like rejuvenating face cream, appetizer suppressor, a directors chair, etc.  None of these interested me.

Curious, I quickly checked out the most expensive items in the shop and was blown away. They were fantasy tier items and they were very costly considering i'm only getting 100 coins for the current task.  For 10,000 coins I could get a charm potion or even a perfect skin potion, for 1000 points I could add 1 ft to my height or I could get a perfect hair growth formula. They were top tier items for sure. The list goes on, but those were the ones that currently caught my interest.

I quickly looked at what I could get for the 100 coins I would receive from this task and was pleasantly surprised. I could buy a Hollywood script or even lyrics for songs of my choosing, Considering a lot of songs and movies from my old world probably don't exist here, it will be a huge help to my career.

So many good things in this shop, but one in particular caught my eye.. Vocal cord upgrade potion [stackable] for 100 coins. This will be my first goal. I decided that I would start out my Celebrity career with singing. I wasn't a bad singer before, but with the help of the system I should do pretty good.

After deciding my first goal, I walked into Wayne Orphanage and started my task. After spotting an old woman that resembled a scary vulture in a nun outfit I approached her and spoke. "Hello, My name is Aeric. Id like to volunteer. Do you guys need any help around here?"

The old vulture looked me up and down and then directly in my eyes as if trying to judge if I was a threat or not and then responded in a surprisingly sweet voice. "Yes dear, we need all the help we can get. I'll take you to the washroom and you can wash your hands before helping with meal prep. Before that I just need to record your info in the volunteer log"

I nodded my head and followed behind her as she walked away to what I assume was her office. The kids were all in the main room watching tv and playing with toys. Some of them glanced my way as we walked past them.

Ive never volunteered anywhere before, this would all be very new to me.

4