Wayne Orphanage
124 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wayne Orphanage

After signing in and doing meal prep, the old nun whos name I now know is Jude had made me do a number of other chores including laundry, activity room cleanup, and even cleaning the bathrooms. Once all the chores were done it was getting late. I had come to like many of the kids at the orphanage and they all seemed to like me as well. They said they don't get new people to volunteer often and only a handful of people ever do, so a new face was always welcome to the kids.

It was story time and Jude the sweet but scary looking nun decided to let me read the story. Just after all the kids gathered together to listen to the story a new face popped out of the door. She was a pretty red head that looked somewhere around 17-20. Hard to say really. It didn't take long to figure out the newcomers identity as all the kids perked up and ran towards her.

"Ms Gordon! We havent seen you for a few weeks, we missed you very much." Jude said towards the pretty red head while the kids climbed all over her giving lots of different hugs, kisses, and greetings. Looking at her small frame and feminine allure it was hard to imagine she was Bat girl, but I knew better. After looking her up and down, her eyes darted toward mine and she gave me a questioning look as if to ask "Who are you?".

I ignored her, but Jude quickly spoke up in my place "Ms. Gordon, Aeric here is a volunteer just like you. This is his first day helping us though.

Barbaras eyes lost a bit of vigilance and put on a smile. "Aeric is it? Ive never seen you around before, what made you want to volunteer here?"  I could tell that even though she put on a smile, her guard was still not down and she was currently trying to nicely interrogate me.

After thinking a bit I responded "I myself grew up as an Orphan and I understand the plight of these children. I understand more than anyone how nice it is to have people come and visit you in a place like this." I was aware she was very close with Bruce and Dick, which were both orphans and my words would soften her heart for me a bit and be less guarded.

None the less, what I said was true. I did indeed used to be an orphan when I was young. I didn't stay in an orphanage, but I did live in group homes and go foster home to foster home. The only thing I lied about was my reason to be here. Originally I came here for the system task, but I actually ended up enjoying myself and liking the little kids that lived here.

After hearing my words she just nodded and didn't pursue the topic further. Instead she changed the topic. "Do you mind if I read tonight? I came late and didn't really get to spend time with the children."

I handed the book I was about to read to the kids over to her and smiled. Then all the kids gathered back around in front of Ms. Gordan while I sat with them looking up at her as if I was excited for the story as well. The kids beside me giggled and thought it was funny. A grown person acting childish is always funny to kids for whatever reason.

Ms. Gordan read the story and then when she was finished it was time for bed. So her and I both did our parts to help get them ready.

  After making sure all the kids brushed their teeth, we helped walk them all to their room. The orphans all slept in one big room on numerous bunk beds. After making sure they were all in their beds we were about to head out and call it a night when I heard a small squeak of a voice speak up. I noticed it was a little girl named Sammy who was the most talkative through the day. Asking me all sorts of personal questions.

"Mister, you said you are a singer. Can you sing us a song goodnight?" The little girl looked up at me with pleading eyes. I couldn't say no. No, id be a true villain if I did say no.

Jude the nun looked troubled and spoke up before I could "Dear, lets not bother Aeric further, hes probably got to get back to his home"

"It's no problem, ill be right back to sing" I said as I looked up at the completed task on the system display. I started to walk out of the room and headed to the activity room I had cleaned earlier. I remembered seeing a few instruments laying around in there. Bruce Wayne spared no expense on this orphanage and it was fully stocked with things to keep the kids happy.

After making sure I was alone I quickly selected the vocal cord upgrade and right when it was selected I noticed a physical change happening inside me. I quickly picked up the Ukulele I had come into the room for and headed back.

There were a few songs I knew by heart that I didn't need lyrics for and I knew how to play a number of instruments already from my past life. I was most proficient in piano, but I could play pretty well on other instruments.

Once I was back in the kids sleeping quarters I grabbed a nearby chair and sat down. Ms. Gordan and Jude were both standing near the door while the kids were all in their bed waiting for me to sing. I took a few deep breaths before starting to sing a song this world had never heard before.

The kids in the room were whispering back and forth while being restless, but they immediately quieted down once they started to hear the ukulele. Shortly after the ukulele started, I began to sing.

🎶♪🎵Ooooo oooooo oooooo

Ooooo oooooo oooooo

Ooooo oooooo oooooo

Ooooo oooooo oooooo

Ooooo oooooo oooooo

Ooooo oooooo oooooo

Somewhere over the rainbow

Way up high

And the dreams that you dreamed of

Once in a lullaby ii ii iii

Somewhere over the rainbow

Blue birds fly🎵♪🎶

I went on to sing the whole song of Over the rainbow to the children.

My voice had never sounded this good before. I had even done a quick check before buying the vocal cord upgrade considering Im in a new body now, but it was such a vast difference from before. After singing I noticed it was fairly quiet around me aside from a few kids sniffling that were crying due to the song.

I decided it was time to go and quickly said goodnight to the children. Many were asking me to sing another song, some had fallen asleep, while others were caught up in their emotions. On the way out the door I had noticed the old lady Jude and the young lady Ms. Gordon both teary eyed.

"It was nice meeting you Ms. Gordan, i'll see you again in the future when I volunteer again if it's okay with you Jude. I said while shaking each of their hands and then walking towards the door.

As I was about to open the door to leave I saw I had a new system notification and at the same time Jude replied "I'll be happy to have you back whenever Aeric" She was smiling sweetly alongside a slightly dumbfounded Barbara Gordon.

I nodded to her and then walked out the door.

-♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦-

System Notification:

Host has sang a beautiful song and gained 32 new fans.

As celebration for your first fans in this world a bonus of 300 extra coins have been added to your current balance.

New Tasks are also available!

Make Superman upset with you +1500 coins

Make Lois Lane upset with you +200 coins

Make a public debut +300 coins

-♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦-

Ha! What a fun system. Dangerous if it was anyone else, but superman not only ha super strength, he also had a super image to uphold. It's not like he would just smite me with his heat vision. 

I guess I'm flying to Metropolis.

5