You don’t tug on Suprman’s cape
198 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the Orphanage I realized I felt pretty tired myself. I hadn't slept since I got to this world and it's been a full and laborious day. I had no home to lay my head currently. Luckily I could fly.

I flew up to one of the blimps flying overhead in the sky and landed inside the carriage area. Although it had a carriage area, it was an automated blimp that flew in a pre programmed path. I assumed they use them for advertisement and things like that. The carriage area was only there for if the blimp needed maintenance or to be taken over manually. I decided to call this place home for now and quickly fell asleep.

After 8 hours of solid sleep on the hard surface of the blimps carriage, I woke up to my stomach growling. I got rid of one problem and now another pops up. Luckily I was a smart man and quickly formed a plan that could solve all my problems. I thought "System" and the familiar transparent orange screen popped up in front of my face.

Looking through all the items I quickly found the song I wanted to purchase for 100 points, I then spent another 100 on another vocal cord upgrade and then finally with my last 100 I decided to buy a corded microphone with a stand and amp for 50. Leaving myself with 50 coins that I didn't use.

The system had let me know that any physical objects I buy from the system shop can be stored in the system inventory just like my Tuxedo, mask, cane, and top hat. So buying big instruments like drums in the future would not be a problem when it came to moving them around. I could also store other things not bought from the system, but there was a limit on that.

After getting everything in order I then decided to fly to Metropolis. Sadly things don't always go as planned because right as I was about to fly off the blimp, I heard gunshots below. Like I said before, I'm not going to go look for trouble, but I wasn't going to run away from it either if it appeared in front of me. I'll just take a quick peak and if it's nothing serious I'll quickly leave.

I put on my costume and then flew down towards where I had heard the gunshots. After looking around a bit I finally saw a few gangsters running away from some abandoned building. I didn't care about the no named gangsters and so I ignored them for now. I made a mental note of their ki signatures Instead and then I traveled to the building that the gangsters had ran from.

After entering the obviously condemned and abandoned building full of rats, cobwebs, and what looked like discarded needles, I saw a figure bleeding out on the ground nearby.  I doubt those needles were from a diabetic so I stepped around them and then knelt beside the gunshot victim.

It was a man somewhere between the age of 20-30. Probably just some junkie or random crook, but he was still alive and who am I to judge his value to this world? I quickly slung him over my shoulder and flew to Gotham general hospital. I left him with some astonished emt's that had just arrived with an ambulance and then flew away.

My first heroic deed in this world was to save a possible criminal. It's not great, but I don't feel regretful. I decided to forget about the two that shot him for now. Batman and his crew will get them if the guy I just saved doesn't. Karma has a way of finding you and im not really hero material anyway.

While I was in the air I put my costume back in the systems space and then quickly made my way to Metropolis. The sun was starting to rise and people would be heading to work soon. The trip from Gotham to Metropolis was quick and the scenery was like night and day in many different ways. Metropolis felt like a whole different world than Gotham. It felt...hopeful while Gotham felt Gloomy. People didn't walk with their head down, the air wasn't as polluted, and families walking down the street together was common.

Upon arriving in Metropolis I made a beeline for the Daily Planet. The whole area was filled with people coming and going to different business buildings. Some were grabbing newspapers from nearby stands, some were hailing taxis, and a few were busking. I quickly made my way to the busking area. I found a place closest to the daily planet and set up my amp and mic/stand.

Time to upset Lois and Clark, make a public debut, and earn some money for some food all in one go.  I waited until I saw a big brawny man in a suit and glasses and a pretty and petite brunette walk towards the Daily Planet Building and then I began to sing an acoustic rendition of a song called Jimmy Olsen's blues by the spin doctors that I purchased from the shop.

🎶♪🎵Well, I don't think I can handle this

A cloudy day in Metropolis

I think I'll talk to my analyst

I got it so bad for this little journalist

It drives me up the wall and through the roof

Lois and Superman in a telephone booth

I think I'm going out of my brain

I got it so bad for little miss Lois Lane

Lois Lane please put me in your planner

Yeah, Lois Lane you don't need no Superman

Come on downtown and stay with me tonight

I got a pocket full of kryptonite

I got a pocket full of kryptonite

I got a pocket full of kryptonite🎶♪🎵

My voice sounded even better than when I was at the orphanage and the mic and amp let everybody nearby hear my song including the guy with very sensitive ears who was looking my way while scowling with Lois Lane next to him.

I ignored him and continued my song with a huge smile on my face as I made eye contact with Lois.

🎶♪🎵He's leaping buildings in a single bound

I'm reading Shakespeare at my place downtown

Come on downtown and make love to me

I'm Aeric and not a titan, you see

He's faster than a bullet, stronger than a train

He's the one who got lucky got his cape around miss Lois Lane

I can't believe my dilemma is real

I'm competing with a man of steel🎶♪🎵

The crowd around my busking area grew and even the people that were rushing towards their place of work stopped and listened for a second. A number of people placed coins and bills near my feet in a bowl I had provided for them. Lois and Clark were walking my way. This time neither of them looked happy. I kept my eye contact and continued to sing. This is what I was here for anyway.

🎶♪🎵Lois Lane please put me in your planner

Yeah, Lois Lane you don't need no Superman

Come on downtown and stay with me tonight

I got a pocket full of kryptonite

I got a pocket full of kryptonite

I got a pocket full of kryptonite

O-oh

Got a pocket full of...🎶♪🎵

I finished up the song originally by the Spin Doctors with a few tweaks from myself and the crowd dispersed leaving only Lois Lane and Clark Kent in front of me. Lois was the first to step up reaching out her hand seemingly about to slap me in the face and then changing her mind and pulling her arm back. "That was an interesting song Mr. Aeric? sadly i'm not interested in you or Superman. Please refrain from slandering me in public in the future. Come on Clark, lets get to work."

After saying her piece to me she immediately turned around not wanting to hear my reply and walked towards the daily planet entrance. Clark followed her, but kept looking back in my direction. He had a mixture of anger and curiosity on his face. Both emotions taking turns and making him look a bit funny. Right before he entered the door I gave a small wave at him.

Once everybody had started to ignore me again and the two I came here for were gone, I packed up my stuff and got lost in the hustle and bustle of the city. I hope Clark isn't just monitoring my every move from inside the daily planet building. He can see far and through things so it is possible.

I got all my task's done in one go while also earning $136 usd and some change. I also had a total of 2050 system shop coins and got my name out a bit. I had put my name in the song and on my money bowl. A number of people were recording in the area and if enough of them post it on social media, It should help get me recognized more.

I need to make a trip to a library or some other place with computers and set up a spotify, soundcloud, tiktok, and youtube for myself as soon as possible.

I'll do that after grabbing a quick bite, I might starve before anything.

I found a nearby big belly restaurant and bought a big burger belly meal. After sitting down at the table to eat a notification suddenly popped up.

-♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦-

New Tasks available:

DO AT LEAST ONE STREET PERFORMANCE A DAY IN METROPOLIS FOR A FULL WEEK.

Reward: 1000 coins

GAIN NEW FANS AND BE NOTICED.

Reward: For every 1 new fan you will receive 5 coins.

Deadline is 5 days. After deadline you can no longer earn coins for new fans.

-♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦-

I'm not really looking to rush right into a new task right away and since there was no deadline on the first task, I decided to put it on hold for now. The second task of gaining new fans works out with my new social media debut I decided on so I'll start that tomorrow morning. As I was thinking I sensed a unique ki signature coming towards me from above and so I looked up.

Superman was floating down towards me, the anger from earlier gone. Upon landing in front of me, he spoke.

"You are not human, where are you from?" He asked with more curiosity than wariness.

He must have X-rayed me or something. Maybe my insides don't look like a typical humans?  Maybe I smell alien? Who knows how he figured it out. I'm not in the habit of telling my personal info to everyone who ask's, so I had to frame my next words in a way that protects my privacy, but satisfies the man of steels curiosity.

4