Slowly gaining popularity
69 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm from Gotham, before that I came from a planet called Vegeta. After the planet was destroyed, I took refuge here. I come in peace."  I lied a little.

Looking up at the man of steel even after he landed and was standing in front of me put a bad taste in my mouth. I made a mental note to buy 1ft of body height from the shop as soon as I could. It would put me at 6ft3In.

Superman wasn't like the people of Gotham and he was a lot less wary of me, but he still took certain precautions. "According to your heartbeat, your story isn't completely true, but you don't seem to be lying when you said you came in peace. We all have our secrets, I get it. Why did you choose Gotham out of all places though?"

"I didn't choose Gotham, It was just the place I landed when I arrived on this planet. If you are done asking me questions, can you direct me to the public library? This is my first time In Metropolis". I continued to use my words wisely and not reveal too much while also trying to divert the conversation and get away from the current questions.

The man of steel seemed satisfied with the little information I gave him and he gave me the typical Superman smile before pointing in a certain direction. "Metropolis Public Library is located at the center of Metropolis. If you take this road and then turn right at the first light, just walk down that street and you can't miss it. It will be on your left."

I gave a smile of my own back and then said my goodbyes. "I'm a bit of an artist, I hope you can be on a lookout for my music. My names Aeric, I have no last name to give you, but I was thinking of the stage name Prince Aeric. Look me up later tonight if you have the time. If you enjoy the music, please share it with your friends."

"Will do, thanks for giving me a bit of your time, please make sure to read up on the laws of this country if you haven't already. What is okay in your world, may not be okay here" Superman responded right before I turned away as I waved back at him and started walking to the nearby library. I made sure to remember Superman's unique ki signature for the future.

After sensing he was far enough away and nobody else was near me, I called up my system. I still had 2050 coins and Immediately spent 1000 for a foot of height. Right when I purchased it I slowly started to grow an extra ft. It was painful and I hadn't expected it to be. I tried to quietly endure it. It hadn't taken longer than 5 minutes to complete even though it had felt like an eternity. By the end of my sudden growth spurt, I was covered in sweat. I have no plans to buy that ever again.

With the remaining points I bought 1 lung capacity upgrade for 500c which will help me greatly with my singing, 4 songs for 400c. 1 audio recording and editing software for 50c, and 1 soundproof room with a door for 100c. To my surprise the system sold laptops, but unlike most physical items in the shop they were more than the typical 50-100c. I'll have to get that one next time. I can't record my own songs till I get one, but I should be able to afford it soon enough. 5c for every new fan should leave me with a lot of coins if I do well in my online debut.

After arriving at the library I walked around inside until I found the computer lab. Metropolis was a very high tech area and the computers were very advanced state of the art tech. Sadly, I couldn't record here.

After finding a computer, I sat down and quickly made a youtube and soundcloud account. I had no recorded music to put on the soundcloud quite yet, but considering it wasn't long since I had debuted in Metropolis and made a commotion, I was hopeful to find a video of me uploaded and then upload it to my channel while giving credit to the original recorder.

After looking around a bit, I noticed it hadn't been uploaded anywhere yet. I put in all the right search words and yet nothing came up. Then again, who says someone would upload it to begin with? Was I being too egotistical and hopeful? No, the performance was good. I shouldn't put myself down. Maybe enough time just hasn't passed yet?

After setting up my accounts and not finding anything, it was time to go. I got up from my seat and started to walk across the library and find my way to the exit. Halfway there a notification popped up in front of me.

-===========-

+5 system coins

-===========-

It didn't stop there, the notifications kept coming. I quickly ran back to the computer and searched the keywords again 'Aeric' 'Lois Lane' 'Metropolis' 'Daily Planet' 'Superman' and sure enough there was a video. Uploaded less than a 3 minutes ago. The views were only at 20, but it was climbing more and more after each page refresh. The numbers were slowly climbing, but they were climbing. Every view doesn't automatically equal a fan, but it does help me gain them.

I quickly saved the video and uploaded it to my own channel and gave the original poster credit for recording it. This was passive system income from two different videos. After posting the video, I left the library for good this time. I won't need to ever come here again. Soon I'll be able to afford my own computer and I can just use nearby public wifis.

I can't wait to see how many coins I can get in the next 15 days. Maybe I could end up affording one or two big fantasy items from the high priced section of the system? One could only dream!

If only I could convert the system coins into real cash as well. I need to start making money if I ever planned to have a stable life. Music isn't enough to get by for now.

I decided my time in Metropolis had come to an end for today. I needed to get back to Gotham and set up my temporary music studio and record some songs. I planned to release three of the songs that I had purchased earlier on my sound cloud. I also want to put together an album eventually, but for now I'll sing the three of the songs live if I can find gigs at nearby bars.

Before going to record, I needed to make a very quick stop by the orphanage and talk to the Ms. Jude

4