Singing in the sky
58 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After landing near the orphanage I walked to the big front doors and then went inside. I saw Jude near the cafeteria and I called out as I made my way towards her. "Jude, do you have time to talk?"

Jude turned around to see me before responding. "Oh, Aeric How are you? Just give me a second and I'll be right with you."

I nodded my head and then made my way to a cafeteria table to sit. It didn't take long before she joined me at the table. "What did you want dear?" She asked as she sat down.

I decided not to beat around the bush and get straight to the point. "Id like it if you hosted a singing competition between the kids. Also can you sing? and if not do you  know of any women that can? Like Ms. Gordan for example? I thought id produce a song with the Orphanage and release it. It would be fun for the kids and bring awareness to them. I also plan to donate any money made from it in the future directly to buying toys for the kids on their birthdays or Christmas. What do you say?"

Jude sighed which got my hopes down until I heard her words that followed "It's a shame, I can't sing. I'll contact Ms. Gordan and see if she is interested and i'll setup a singing competition. I'm sure the kids would enjoy it. I'll see if Ms. Gordan can bring her friend Dick along to help be an extra judge, how does that sound?"

I gave a bright smile and replied. "I'm looking forward to it, I'll leave it all to you. I'll come by each day and assist with the setup and competition when you need me to. Thanks a lot, see you tomorrow then" I quickly said 'hi' to the kids nearby and told them id be seeing a lot of them the next few days. A few of them seemed excited when I mentioned id be hanging out with them more.

After chatting a bit, I made my way back to the Blimp I called home currently.

inside the carriage I setup the sound room I had bought from the system store earlier. This room will prevent others from hearing my loud music.

After doing that I looked at my current points. It was already 600coins. Only about an hour had passed since I left the library. It's honestly a lot more than I expected in this short amount of time. It was enough for what I needed. I quickly spent 450 and bought a laptop.

I needed to keep making music if I wanted to keep all the new fans im gaining. Slowing down is not an option at the start.

I went ahead and bought a few instruments and music tools and then installed the music editing software onto the computer.

Once all that was setup I began working on my songs.

I had bought four songs earlier and of the four, three will be put on my soundcloud tonight. The three I picked for the soundcloud are all fairly upbeat and perfect songs for the warm summer weather we were having.

The first song I started recording was the song Shivers by Ed Sheeran. Alot of the background instruments to this song was done with the editing software and not me playing them myself. Most music editing software these days have this ability. I got the instrumental part of the song figured out on the computer and then I started singing the song.

After recording the vocals I added it into the editing software with the instrumental in the back. When I was finished I played it back.

It was good, too good in fact for someone that has never done music editing before. Maybe I have a knack for this as well? The system has things I can buy to get better with music editing, but I don't think I currently need it.

Right after saving the track to soundcloud I immediately moved onto the next song. Whitney Houstons - I wanna dance with somebody.

I sang the song more like fall out boys version of the song because it fit better with me. This one I needed a few different instruments to play it properly. I did every instrument myself starting with the drums and ending with the electric guitar. I made each their own track, its all I could do without any other band members with me.

I played the instruments pretty well each, but there is a way to upgrade my instrument skills in the system and I will probably use them later sometime when I have points to spend.

After I was done doing the instrumental part of the song I recorded the vocals and then played it back as well. I personally liked the shivers song better, but this was also pretty good. To people that had not heard Whitney Houstons version or fall out boys, it should sound great.

After uploading it to soundcloud, I got started on the third and last song I planned to upload tonight. Hanson MMMBOP.  Of course it's not going to sound like the original because im an adult, so it will probably sound more like Hansons adult version of the song that they re-recorded in their later years.

This song was the easiest of the three and the one I had the most fun editing and singing. Which is funny, because I wasn't originally a fan of the song.

After uploading all three songs, I put up all the tools and instruments and then laid down to sleep.

Another busy day. I can't wait to see the response to my released songs tomorrow.

5