Sonic Boom
62 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of notifications. The notifications were spamming so much that it sounded like a constant alarm clock and took over the field of my vision. I thought 'hide notifications' and the notifications went away while the ringing continued until I willed them away after.

My current coins were at 12,400 and the number continued to grow. This is the most ive had so far and I could finally afford a high tier item out of the shop if I wanted. I immediately went into the shop and looked through the high tier items I could buy.

Many cosmetic potions and pills were listed that affected how I looked and although they were all very nice, I found the Celebrity Skills section of the high tier items the most attractive currently.

I could buy different grade acting skills depending on the amount of coin I was willing to dish over to the system, it was the same for the directing, writing, comedy, sensual, and other related skills. Sadly, it made me buy the lowest grade first before I could purchase the next grade. All of the skills had four grades. A, B, C, and D.

I decided to buy a 10,000c instrument skill D grade. It was the only one that could instantly improve my instrument skills while also letting me learn instruments I didn't know before.

The description said I would have basic knowledge of all instruments and how to play them. I knew quite a few instruments before getting this skill, but after purchasing the skill I could tell my previous instrument skills have improved while knowledge of many instruments I had never played before flooded my head.

I was instantly satisfied with the purchase and I went on to buy two other cheaper items right after. I bought 1 perfect hair growth formula and a minor charm potion. Both were 1000c apiece.

The perfect hair growth formula didn't work like the time I added a foot to my height, but instead it was a consumable. According to the description of the item, I just had to swallow a the hair growth pill and it would fill out my missing hair in a months time.

The minor charm potion had many uses and although I had no current use for it, I know that it would be helpful in the future.

After purchasing my new items I decided to check my soundcloud. I had 2k+ notifications already and I was currently in the new and hot, new music now, and a few other categories. Sadly I did not make the top 50 charts, but this was enough for now. If I gain enough fame later, these songs may get a second chance at success.

I looked at my messages. Although I had less messages than notifications, it was also not a small amount. I had over 200 messages. I scanned through them and saw many new fans telling me to upload more, some asking for different versions of a song, some asking to collab, and many just letting me know they loved my music.

I continued to scan the messages until one in particular caught my eye. 'RCA Records'. I recognized this record label instantly. It wasn't as great as some other labels, but in my old world it had some big names under it. Excited, I clicked on the message. IThey wanted to setup a meet and discuss a possible contract.

My heart was pounding. I had planned to start working at local bars to get more noticed just yesterday and today I am basically being told I could skip that step completely and go straight to being under a label.

Do I want to be under a label though? It would make my life easier, but I would also be more restricted when it comes to personal creativity. hmm... I'll just reply to the message and meet them. I don't have to make any decisions now. It won't hurt to check it out.

I quickly flew down to the orphanage and asked if they needed help currently with the competition. Apparently they had things figured out and not only did Ms. Gordan agree to sing and had a fairly lovely voice, but the date set for the competition is a week from now. Ive been asked to come back at that time to be a judge.

They havent been given the lyrics of my song so the competition will be to sing a song that already exist in this world that has a similar pitch as the one I plan to do a trio with.

After leaving the Orphanage, I thought it would be a good idea to workout today. Although I don't want to be a Hero, I think it would be foolish to ignore my current abilities when I am aware I can constantly get stronger as a Saiyan.

I flew to the middle of mount Everest and then looked around until I found a huge boulder. Being this high up in freezing temps and high pressure made it a tough workout environment. Many people have been known to pass out at this height easily just by walking. The pressure affects your body making it feel heavier while it is also harder to breathe.

Moving around was easy for me, but working out should prove to be difficult. I grabbed the nearby boulder with both hands and lifted it above my head before doing squats. I was a lot stronger than I had originally thought. This was too easy.

Still, I did a number of workouts until I felt fatigued. Tomorrow when I workout I'll go to the bottom of the ocean floor and train in that  environment. Saiyans can hold their breath for really long periods of time and the pressure down there is a lot worse than even the top of the mountain. It should be harder for me to exercise in a place like that.

After working out, I was hungry so I flew to downtown Metropolis and grabbed some grub at a food stall near where I had first met Lois and Clark.

I bought two veggie and shrimp skewers,1 veggie and sirloin skewer, and then one bottled coke. After that I found a desolate area and then flew back up into the sky. I always wear my masquerade costume while flying. You never know who could see you in this world. Even the birds could be someone like beast boy.

I had planned to eat atop the Metropolis water tower. Only when I got there I had noticed my spot was already taken. A young blonde bombshell with icy blew eyes was sunbathing in a bikini and sunglasses with headphones in her ears. The sight surprised me a little.

I had already come this far and she had already seen me so I decided to just fly down and enjoy my meal before It got any colder than it already had from the flight over.

After landing I asked what was on my mind "How did you get up here?"

The blonde took out her headphones and seemed to not know how to answer before she finally pointed to the ladder leading up below. "I climbed up".

Ah, I see, I thought as I finally noticed the ladder. "Do you mind if I eat my dinner here? I won't bother you..."

She spread her arms out in front of her. "Make yourself at home, there is room for both of us up here. My name I Kara, what's yours?"

At this moment I realized that I had never come up with a name for my costumed self and hurriedly came up with a name. I thought about my costume and just blurted out the first thing I thought of. "Moonlight Knight"

It was an extremely uncreative name. It was basically the other name for Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon, but my costume was similar and I didn't have time to think of a better name on the spot.

Noticing my slightly embarrassed face Kara let out a small giggle. "That's a nice name, are you a Hero? I've never seen you around before. I mean.. I see superman fly through the sky all the time while im on my walks, ive never seen you fly around. Sorry If I seem rude, I'm just curious"

I shook my head. "I've only ever saved two people before. I don't know if that qualifies me as a Hero, but I help if I can."

Kara shook her head.

"I don't think the number of people you save matters, Just saving one person makes you a Hero to the person you saved." After saying this she put a pair of headphones back in her ears and went back to sunbathing.

She seemed to not be impressed that I was a Hero, but at the same time acknowledged I was one. I guess seeing a hero fly around everyday in your city makes you see heroes as common place?

After realizing she wanted to get back to what she was doing and give me space to eat, I went ahead and started enjoying my meal.

As she laid a few feet away from me, I could hear her singing parts of the song she was listening to.

🎶♪🎵You have so many relationships in this life

Only one or two will last

You're going through all the pain and strife

Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast

Oh yeah

And they're gone so fast, yeah, yeah, oh

So hold on the ones who really care

In the end they'll be the only ones there

And when you get old and start losing your hair

Can you tell me who will still care?

Can you tell me who will still care?🎶♪🎵

She was clearly listening to one of the new songs I had just released last night. What are the chances?

"What song are you listening to?" I asked

She looked my way with one eye as she kept the other one closed as she listened to her music and sunbathed.  "An indie artist that my cousin told me about. It's really nice, his name is Prince Aeric, want to listen?

She pulled out a headphone bud and offered it to me. I hesitated. It was a pair of older headphones with the wires connecting to each bud as opposed to bluetooth. If I took her up on her offer, we would be really close to each other. Wouldn't I look like a pervy Uncle trying to seduce a 18-20 year old girl if someone saw us?

I looked down at the pretty blonde before me and then i quickly looked around. I felt a tad guilty in my heart, but I extended my hand and received her kind gesture, got close enough to put the ear bud in my ear and then laid down beside her to listen to a song I already secretly knew about.

We both quietly laid there listening to my songs and a few other songs I had never heard before.

It was the most relaxed I had been since coming to this world. Still, I felt out of place.  She had no idea I was an older man under the mask. The more I thought about it, the more guilty I felt as I laid close by to her. It felt too intimate to me. Looking at how unbothered she was next to me, I decided I was thinking to much into it. She's just a nice person.

I took the headphone out and sat up to prepare to leave. "Thanks for letting me listen, Ive got things to do now, so I have to go, it was nice meeting you Kara." I started to float away as I finished my words.

Kara sat up and waved "It was nice meeting you to Moonlight Knight, If you ever want to hangout again, you can sometimes find me here relaxing."

I chuckled at her words. "Yeah, that would be nice." I said right before I flew away back the center of Metropolis.

Seeing someone listen to my music and enjoy it riled me up and now I wanted to take up the systems task and do some street performances.

Just when I was about to land, the earth suddenly shook and I could see what looked like an explosion in the distance.

Shortly after that I heard a loud 'BOOM'. Whatever had hit, was going so fast that it broken the sound barrier. I quickly looked around and saw a few kids playing somewhat nearby that looked up towards the explosion. I rushed in their direction as fast as I could and protected them from the shockwave that was about to hit. I shielded them with my body as I huddled over them as best I could.

Suddenly all the glass in the nearby buildings broke while all the shards along with a huge dust cloud filled with debris blew our way.

My shoes dug into the concrete as I tried my best not to get blown away by the explosion and leave the children unprotected.

And then suddenly it was quiet aside from the two children below me crying and shaking in fear.

5