Aliens (part 2)
50 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the Tanks started to roll in, batman flew his batplane above me and a ladder dropped from the bottom side of the plane. I understood what he wanted and so I grabbed ahold of the ladder and we flew away from the aliens. Looking down, I saw the amount of devastation we were leaving behind. I could only hang my head down in sorrow.

Not even an hour ago, this city looked beautiful and now a lot of it was in ruins. Many superheroes that had just arrived were doing their best to help, but I knew there wasn't much we could currently do.

Batman neared his destination and hovered above where he was going to land to let me down first. I dropped down and waited for him to land the batplane before asking what was on my mind.

"Why are we here?"

Batman jumped out of his batplane ignoring me at first while walking up to the hole in the side of the building we landed next to. It looked like a huge warehouse. I could hear a loud banging coming from inside.

Right when we got in front of the hole and I saw the inside of the warehouse that was filled with what looked like alien cocoons, batman finally answered me.

"This is where superman had flown off to and he hasn't been acting himself lately. Him and I were both working on something since last night that is tied to this invasion. I think maybe he was possibly infected by something alien that is messing with his judgement. Stay close behind me, I'm going in".

I moved out of his way and let him lead. I'm not dumb, I know that he knows what he is doing and it's best to not get in his way. I followed closely behind. The inside of this place looked spooky and the constant banging grew louder the further in we walked until finally we were in front of the cause of the sound.

Superman was hitting the front of a huge metal door. We had arrived right as he was about done breaking it down.

Batman threw a batarang towards superman which embedded itself in the wall near his head before batman spoke. "Hold it Superman, destroying government property isn't your style, what's going on?"

"See for yourself" Superman replied right before pulling the thick metal door out of the wall and then leading us through a computer room and then destroying another but less sturdy door.

Behind that door was a character I remember well while the other two had no idea who he was.

In front of us, Martian Manhunter was hooked up to a machine while unconscious.

"What is it?" said Batman.

"Man kinds only hope" replied Superman, right before pulling a lever and releasing the Martian from the machine that had subdued and confined him.

Superman grabbed the martian as he fell from the machine before speaking again. "He's been trying to reach me telepathically, but that stasis field interfered. When his message finally broke through, I came to rescue him."

I didn't know what stasis field they were talking about and I just assumed it was what they were working on before I got involved. I continued to stay to the side and observe for now since I was a bit lost on whats going on.

"Whats he doing here?" Batman asked.

The Martian looked up at us and spoke in our minds telepathically. "The invasion, I came to warn you, but I was captured and imprisoned here. They wouldn't listen".

Batman scoffed at his words "Big surprise"

"I sense you do not trust me, perhaps this will help you." The martian replied before changing into a more human like form to make us more comfortable. He then held out his hand for batman to shake while stating "I am John Jones".

Superman seeing batman not take his hand, walked in between the two. "Don't take it personally John, Batman doesn't trust anyone."

John nodded his head, "A wise policy. By the way, who is your friend behind you?"

Noticing John had motioned towards me when asking, I decided to introduce myself. None of the people present knew me, I only knew of them.

"You can call me Moonlight Knight, I am very aware of Martians and although I doubt you would do so, please never try to look into my mind. I find it rude."

The Martian seemed a bit surprised about my knowledge and so did Batman and Superman.

"I would never look into a friends mind without permission, but I couldn't look into yours even if I wanted to. Your mind feels like it has a shield around it." The martian spoke seemingly a bit offended by me thinking he might take a peak.

Nice to know, I thought. It may have something to do with the grey alien I had met before or the costume I am wearing, because I knew Saiyans did not possess such a power.

After a tiny bit of chitchat, batman reminded us that we were in a hurry and peoples lives depended on us and so we all left the warehouse.

As we headed out the hole in the side of the building Superman was saying something about "contacting the joint chiefs as soon as possible" and right as he said that, a number of flood lights hit us, Almost blinding me. I had just come out of a dark laboratory and I had not even adjusted my eyes to the outside before the lights hit my eyes.

"Stop right there Superman, youre trespassing in a restricted area, our orders are to keep that freak here." My eyes could vaguely make out a number of soldiers in front of us, the one speaking was pointing towards our new favorite martian.

I sensed their ki signatures were not like any human I had seen before and spoke up. "They are not the military, they aren't even human."

Superman heard my words and took a good look at the soldiers in front of us before replying. "Youre right Moonlight Knight, what do you think we should do?"

"It seems we have been found out" The commanding officer that has been speaking to us all this time and the soldiers behind him all started to change into tall amoeba looking aliens. Much smaller and less menacing aliens than the ones that came out of the asteroids earlier, but frightening in their own way none the less.

As the aliens marched towards us and started firing their blasters at us, I replied to superman "Use your freeze breath on them and then all of us should fly away. Batman has his BatPlane and we 3 can fly. Let's get out of here first and then we can form a plan later.

Superman nodded, used his freeze breath, and then we all flew away. Unfortunately not long after flying away the aliens broke free and were in pursuit of us. They were all flying in tiny alien spacecrafts following close behind while shooting at us. We all fired back in our own ways as we made our retreat. Sometimes knocking one or two of their spacecrafts out of the sky.

It's been hours since we started this fight and my system coins had climbed quite a bit.  My coins were at 21,500. I now had enough for the 'script readers perfect recall' in the shop. I quickly bought it.

It was an instant change. I immediately remembered the plot to this event. I flew down to our new martian friend John and told him to use his telepathy to tell the others that I think the aliens weakness is UV radiation.

Just as John had relayed the message to the others, wonder woman, hawkgirl, the flash, and GL John Stewart had found us and joined our ranks. With the extra man power, we started to easily get rid of the approaching alien spacecrafts.

Before today, all of these heroes have fought solo and did not know each other well if at all. After we all were safe and the aliens were defeated, Wonder woman introduced herself to us.

"I am Diana, Princess of the Amazons. Themyscira is protected by the gods, but I could not stand by while the rest of the world was in danger."

Superman smiled "It was lucky you showed up when you did"

"No, it was not luck, I telepathically summoned them" John the martian said as he walked closer.

Batman looked my way and cut off the others meet and greet. "Moonlight Knight, is it true the aliens are weak to uv radiation? How did you figure that out?"

I knew most of the superheroes here could tell if I was lying if I decided to and so I decided to tell the truth without revealing the actual truth. "I have seen these aliens before and until just recently, I had forgotten their weakness."

My answer seemed to make everyone except batman happy, but that's not saying a lot, because he never really looks happy.

The Flash who is usually the most talkative in any situation had kept quiet till now as he butted in. "So, we know their weakness, what do we do with this information? Just wait till morning?"

I shook my head. "No, the aliens will just block the sun, they have ways to do so, but I may have a plan"

4