Sammy
50 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking through my memories of the plot I formed the most efficient plan that I could. This won't always work out for me in the future due to my presence constantly changing the future, but at least my knowing the future can help right now. After gathering my thoughts, I finally spoke up.

"Soon a device/ship will come out of the asteroid crater to block the sun. This is happening all over the world and not just here. It would be foolish to fight all of them. Instead we should all split up and try to help keep order in the bigger cities as best as we can until the The imperium aka the supreme intelligence that controls all of the invaders currently on earth arrives. It will be here about 2 hours after they start blotting out the sun. If we take the imperium out we can win this. Batman and John I have a separate mission for you if you are willing.  "

John Jones nodded his head "I can confirm this to be true. It is how I remember it on my world when they invaded as well. I will try my best to assist your plan."

"I'll hear your plan out" Batman replied.

As the other heroes flew off to help people and restore order to the streets, I told John and Batman the plan.

"I want you to shield batmans mind so he can go inside the ship and find the central core to reverse the ion charge. When he has accomplished his task we will all destroy the outer haul of the alien ships and expose them to the sunlight. We have to wait for the supreme intelligence to get here first though or he wont ever arrive. He wont come unless the sun is blotted out first".

Almost as if I summoned it with my words, in the crater another asteroid broke open and shot a beam into the sky which started to block the sun. Batman and John both looked at each other before rushing to the crater to fulfil their task.

Realizing they didn't need me for the rest of the plan to workout, I decided id go to a city that needs my help the most.

I flew to Gotham right away since Batman would not be there to help.

Landing on the ground I immediately started looking for people that needed assistance. I saved many people from beneath the rubble of nearby buildings and did my best to tend to their injuries.  Looking at the system shop I couldn't find anything that would be helpful in this situation so I just did what I could with my own strength.

Not only was there a lot of destruction and people buried beneath that destruction, but a lot of criminals used this opportunity to steal, rape, and even kill. I ignored the petty theft and focused only on the violent offenders. I had no time to deal with mere thief's.

I continued to save people as the hours passed by. Soon enough the world heard the approaching imperium ship as it got close to earth. As long as it plays out similarly as the original plot, everything will be okay soon.

I ignored the ship and continued saving person after person. As I was saving people I heard a muffled childs cry and realized I was near Wayne Orphanage.

"No...", I mumbled. My heart beating in my chest. Why hadn't I thought to check here first? What is wrong with me? I quickly ran towards the muffled cry and started pushing aside bricks, walls, and even pieces of roofing until I found her.

It was the talkative Orphan Sammy that had asked me to sing them all a song to help them sleep.

Sammy looked up at me as she her body had been pinned down down, her legs crushed beneath the rubble, she was covered in blood from head to toe, 3 different pieces of rebar had pierced through her body. "Mister hero, why are you crying? You saved me. Don't worry, I'm fine."

She had little to no strength and her words were weak. She was in shock and didn't seem to realize her situation as she tried to comfort me instead of worrying about herself.

I wanted to speak and tell her everything was going to be alright, but my words couldn't come out. My throat felt swollen and I didn't know what I could say to comfort her. I also felt a bit guilty for not thinking to check on them as soon as I landed in Gotham.

I looked around and there was no sign of any other orphans or the nun Jude. I also heard no other sounds coming from the rubble.

That could be a good thing or a bad thing. They could have gotten to somewhere safe or the could be buried beneath the building dead.

I spoke softly, my voice breaking here and there as I talked to her. "I'm going to fly you to someone that can help you, let me know if I cause you any pain on the flight there"

She had little to no strength and couldn't reply. I picked her up in a princess carry and flew her to the nearest place I could think of that could take care of her since Gothams hospitals were either currently demolished or over crowded.

I knew Alfred was a combat vet with decent medical skills. He's the man that has kept Batman from falling apart time and time again, but I doubted even he could save the currently dying little girl in my arms and batman wouldn't need to be a detective to know I knew he was Batman by this action. It would be a dumb move.

The closest person I could think of that could save Sammy was Captain Marvel. I could get to him fast if I flew as fast as I could, so I shielded Sammy with my Ki and flew faster than I ever had.

It took me over 7 minutes to fly from Gotham to Philly and although that seems like a small amount of time, it wasn't when a persons life is hanging by a thread. She was barely hanging on. I looked around for Captain Marvel and it didn't take long to find him because he was flying around saving people like I was a bit ago.

I flew down to Captain Marvel and pushed the little girl into his arms. "Please heal and save her if you can. I can't heal people".

Captain Marvel held the girl in his arms and looked back at me with a solemn expression.

3