Chapter 92: This Woman is Impressive, She’s Full of Energy
100 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Su Ling and the others were still waiting for Sheng Hongye in the storage warehouse. Over an hour had passed, and they were growing anxious.

Although Xiaoyue tried to keep Gu Kai Xuan company, her voice grew weaker and weaker.

Old Jin lay on the ground, eyes half-closed, not wanting to move a muscle.

Su Ling's stomach ached terribly from hunger. It was only the third day, but she was already at her limit.

At that moment, she understood why Professor Bai was so concerned about food. Without enough to eat, survival was precarious.

She forced herself to swallow saliva, hoping to deceive her stomach. Just then, a steady sound of footsteps approached from outside the door, and Su Ling immediately stood up.

"How did it go?"

Seeing Sheng Hongye empty-handed, her hopes deflated like a balloon, and her mouth closed.

"Are you hungry?" Sheng Hongye asked, looking at her.

For the sake of her pride, Su Ling forced a smile.

"Not hungry."

Sheng Hongye smiled indulgently.

"Of course, you're not hungry. I found a place with food. Call that dog, and let's go."

Gu Kai Xuan had already dashed out with his short legs. "Uncle, did you find something to eat?"

"I did."

Sheng Hongye picked up Gu Kai Xuan, and Su Ling quickly pulled Xiaoyue along. She also gestured to Old Jin.

Suppressing her joy, she said, "Let's go, let's find something to eat."

Old Jin whimpered and slowly stood up. Before leaving, he went to his master, the previous male owner, and bowed twice, as if bidding farewell.

Su Ling turned away, waiting for Old Jin.

Old Jin seemed to know that Su Ling was waiting for him. After bowing, he immediately wagged his tail and ran towards her.

Soon, they arrived at the entrance of the underground passage, with Sheng Hongye leading the way with his shotgun on his back.

People inside the passage immediately stood on both sides, like two rows of soldiers welcoming them.

Seeing a thin man among them, Old Jin rushed forward and bit him on the belly.

The man let out a painful cry but didn't dare to make a sound, his eyes fixed on Sheng Hongye.

Sheng Hongye's expression was a little tense, but to hide it, he didn't turn back and continued walking inside.

Su Ling looked at the man and recalled that Old Jin's master had mentioned a group of people who had chased and attacked Old Jin. It seemed this man was one of them.

She patted Old Jin's head.

"Good boy, let's go in and have some food."

The group of people looked resentful but didn't dare to speak up.

These people are all bullies who are afraid of the strong. If it weren't for Sheng Hongye's excellent skills, they would have beaten him to death a long time ago.

One minute later, Su Ling and the others reached a slightly more spacious basement, measuring around twenty square meters. On a table inside, there were cans of food and cooked rice, along with a few half-empty beer bottles.

Seeing the food, Xiaoyue couldn't resist and immediately rushed to the table, devouring the food hungrily.

Old Jin obediently sat on the side, glancing at Su Ling with hopeful eyes.

Su Ling took out a box of canned food, mixed it with a small bowl of rice, and handed it to Old Jin.

"Have some."

Old Jin eagerly opened his big mouth and started eating.

Sheng Hongye went to the supplies, opened two cans of food, and handed one each to Su Ling and Gu Kai Xuan.

Using disposable chopsticks, Su Ling took a bite of the canned ham. The delicious taste filled her mouth, and for a moment, she almost felt like crying. It was the first time she had found canned food and rice so incredibly tasty and satisfying.

The group quickly filled their stomachs, feeling much better. Even Old Jin's tail, which had been drooping for two days, now stood high. He ran around the food, sniffing happily.

Seeing everyone recovering their vitality, Su Ling's mood improved. She looked outside and asked in a low voice, "What should we do about those people?"

Sheng Hongye took a sip of water, and his voice regained its magnetic quality.

"This place belongs to them. I said we'd stay here for a few days, and once we leave, the place will be theirs again."

Su Ling asked again, "How are we going to leave? Have you found any transportation?"

"Not yet. I'll ask these people."

Sheng Hongye stood up, but the basement ceiling was low, so he had to bend over and walk back to the corridor.

Several people were murmuring in the corridor, but they fell silent when they saw Sheng Hongye come out.

"You don't have to be afraid of me. I killed Shen Laohe because of some old grudges between us."

Hearing Sheng Hongye's words, the people visibly relaxed.

One of them gathered courage and asked, "Is there anything we can do to help you?"

Sheng Hongye approved of the man's bravery. Such people were destined to survive longer than others.

"I need a car with fuel. If you can find one, I'll leave immediately."

The man who was bitten by the dog earlier covered his stomach and said, "I know a place with a car, but there are zombies inside. It's hard to get in."

Sheng Hongye glanced at him and calmly said, "Lead the way."

The man seemed hesitant. "The zombies there attack people during the day too. I can only take you nearby."

"Fine, let them bandage you up first."

After saying that, Sheng Hongye went to find Su Ling. He couldn't leave Su Ling and the children behind with over a dozen men around.

Outside the door, someone spoke in a low voice. "Are you planning to take them there?"

The man bitten by the dog's eyes turned cold and whispered, "There is indeed a car there. Whether they live or die depends on their luck."

Then someone chimed in, "That's right. This beating can't be for nothing."

As Sheng Hongye walked out of the tunnel with Su Ling, the people fell silent.

The man bitten by the dog tore a piece of cloth and bandaged his wound. Pointing to the south, he said, "Go about three miles south from here. There's a relatively intact building, formerly known as Tiantu shopping mall. At the bottom, there's a 4S dealership with many cars. We once went there to explore, but there were too many zombies, so we gave up."

Sheng Hongye nodded and handed the shotgun to Su Ling.

"When we get there, you stay outside, and I'll go in to get the car."

"Alright."

Su Ling responded briefly and walked out of the underground passage.

The man bitten by the dog leered at her, admiring her figure and looks, noting her spirited demeanor.

If he could kill Sheng Hongye, this woman would be his.

Thinking of Shen Laohe's death, the man couldn't help but sneer.

The rest of them were just a bunch of indecisive cowards. If Sheng Hongye died, not only could he take over his woman, but he could also become the new leader.

Suddenly, Su Ling turned around, and the man was startled. He quickly lowered his head and covered the wound on his stomach.

Old Jin also growled at him, seemingly warning him to behave.

After walking for about forty minutes, they indeed saw a relatively intact building. The man pointed towards it.

"The cars are inside there."

 

For more chapters, you can read them here.

1