Chapter 93: Big Sister, You’re Really Amazing
131 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sheng Hongye surveyed the area; it was indeed a relatively intact building with two massive glass doors still miraculously preserved. Inside, several brand-new cars were parked, estimated to be dozens in total.

As Sheng Hongye approached the entrance, the man immediately stepped back.

Su Ling quickly raised her gun and coldly asked, "What do you want?"

The man raised both hands and smiled obsequiously, "Miss, I already told you earlier. There are zombies inside. I can only lead the way and not go in with you. Now that we're here, I don't need to stay any longer."

Su Ling nodded. "Then leave quickly, but don't try anything funny. The bullets in this gun don't discriminate."

Su Ling's demeanor was naturally aloof, and now with her stern face, her features became sharp and intimidating.

The man took another step back, thinking to himself, "You're only relying on that man. Once he's dead, I'll teach you a lesson."

"Yes, I'm leaving now."

With a forced smile on his face, the man turned and ran back. Su Ling watched him disappear before turning around.

After assessing the situation, she noticed a half-cemented wall on the left side and said to Xiaoyue, "There are zombies inside, and it might be dangerous. You take little brother and find a hiding spot. I'll stay here to help big brother. When you hear the horn, come out."

Xiaoyue nodded understandingly and took Gu Kai Xuan's hand. "Little brother, let's go wait over there."

Su Ling patted Old Jin's head. "Old Jin, be good and go with them. Protect the two little children."

Old Jin seemed to understand Su Ling's words and barked at her before running towards the half-cemented wall.

Meanwhile, Sheng Hongye had already entered the 4S dealership. The space inside was huge, with over twenty sedans parked.

He chose an off-road vehicle he often used, but as his fingers touched the door handle, a claw with black nails grabbed his foot.

Sheng Hongye reacted swiftly, stomping on the zombie's wrist. He then pulled out the dagger he found in the underground passage and cut off the claw.

The zombie roared and crawled out from under the car, followed by over twenty more zombies emerging from all directions.

Seeing Sheng Hongye surrounded by the zombies, Su Ling kicked open the glass door and shot the nearest zombie in the head.

At such close range, there was almost no suspense—the zombie's head exploded.

Sheng Hongye quickly dodged, evading the greenish substance sprayed by the zombie. He gave Su Ling a thumbs-up.

With Su Ling around, he never needed to waste words or worry too much.

Then, he stepped on the pedal and jumped up, punching the head of a zombie on his right.

The sound of bone cracking echoed, and the zombie's head drooped, swayed for a moment, and then fell to the ground.

The other zombies were instantly stimulated and rushed towards Sheng Hongye in a frenzy.

Seeing the numerous zombies approaching rapidly, Su Ling immediately shouted, "There are too many! You come out first!"

Sheng Hongye nodded, and the two of them quickly retreated outside.

The zombies burst through the glass door and lunged at them.

"Where are the kids?" Sheng Hongye asked.

Su Ling pointed to the cement wall and said, "Over there. I'll lure the zombies away."

Sheng Hongye immediately refused, "No, it's too dangerous. I'll distract the zombies, and you go get the car."

Su Ling knew she couldn't compare to Sheng Hongye's strength. Making a quick decision, she said, "Alright, let's meet at the entrance of the underground passage later."

She held her gun and swiftly retreated to the side, while Sheng Hongye charged into the midst of the zombies.

Taking down a few zombies with punches and kicks, he then ran in the opposite direction.

As the zombie roared and chased after him, two zombies pounced on Su Ling, but she swiftly dealt with them using her gun.

In a rush to meet up with Sheng Hongye, she holstered her gun and headed towards the 4S dealership. However, as her fingers touched the door handle, a sharp pain in her wrist made the gun fall to the ground.

Suddenly, she felt her waist being gripped by a greasy hand.

A lewd voice came from behind, "Little beauty, don't even think about saving him. After attracting so many zombies; I guarantee he won't survive."

Su Ling recognized the voice as the skinny guy from earlier, and she couldn't help but feel disgusted. She elbowed him in the ribs.

The man grunted from the impact and got angry, cursing fiercely, "Damn, you're quite a character. I just like you this way."

He forcefully pressed Su Ling against the glass door, using his leg to keep her feet apart.

"It's rare to come across a decent-looking woman like you. I'll have my fun first."

He eagerly reached for Su Ling's pants, and she panicked, shouting, "Old Jin, come quickly."

Before the words even left her mouth, a golden figure pounced over and bit the man's butt.

The man yelped in pain, kicking Old Jin away and then reaching for the shotgun.

Su Ling regained her composure and quickly calmed down. A mental connection prompt appeared in her mind.

She immediately chose to confirm, and then a strange sensation washed over her. She saw a different perspective through the man's eyes.

Controlling the man's body, she picked up the gun in his hand and aimed it at his own forehead.

With a soft click, nothing happened.

The gun was already out of bullets.

Su Ling cursed inwardly and then controlled the man, ramming him into the cement wall beside the 4S dealership.

A sharp pain struck, and then everything went black as the mental connection automatically disconnected.

Su Ling held her head, swaying slightly, as the man covered in blood collapsed to the ground.

Old Jin, seemingly full of resentment, immediately bit the man's throat.

Su Ling was taken aback; she had heard that dogs could become aggressive after tasting blood and would be difficult to control. She quickly grabbed Old Jin by the back of his neck.

"Okay, Old Jin, this man is too dirty. Stay away from him."

Old Jin seemed to understand Su Ling's words and barked twice before slowly retreating to the side.

She walked over and checked the man's carotid artery; he was already dead.

Su Ling breathed a sigh of relief, but the near-death experience from the connection still terrified her.

When connected to someone, she will empathize with the other person's perceptions, and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Moreover, she discovered another drawback: after connecting to someone, she couldn't move her own body, which was very dangerous. Without someone to protect her, she should avoid using this ability as much as possible.

After a brief thought, Su Ling opened the glass door and drove out a four-wheel drive vehicle with half a tank of gas.

She and Sheng Hongye had a good understanding when it came to choosing a car; they both preferred off-road vehicles with good visibility. Previously, they drove a Passat mainly due to financial constraints; now they didn't need to worry about money, so naturally, they would choose the best.

She honked the horn, and Xiaoyue quickly pulled Gu Kai Xuan and ran over.

Su Ling quickly opened the car door and praised the two kids, "You both are so well-behaved. Get in the car quickly."

Xiaoyue looked at Su Ling with admiration. "Big sister, you're amazing. Xiaoyue wants to become as amazing as you."

Su Ling smiled and stepped on the gas.

The car performed a beautiful drift and headed towards the underground passage.

Not far away, a ragged figure watched Su Ling with a strange expression. After a while, he slowly curved his lips.

In a low voice, he muttered, "Panlong Island, you must go."

 

For more chapters, you can read them here.

1