Chapter 5 Artemis’s Concerns
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

I watched from the tip of the empire state building as yet another rift opened up, it was the eighth one this month alone. Ever since that first one took Javier Jaun Cortez, every subsequent rift has greatly destabilized Earth's spatial region. The Demi-planes created from humanity's fiction and the leaked divinity keep leaking through the rifts. Humans also keep getting sucked through. I chewed on my thumbnail as I realized their divinity is likely unsealed through the transportation process.

 

Artemis, "Fuck. It might be time to escape to my demi-plane in the Pegasus Galaxy I set up."

 

I teleport from where I stood atop the skyscraper and to Mount Olympus. As I walk through the halls I hear the sounds of laughter, drinking, and fornication. Typical obliviousness. I swear the Greeks were really a poor influence on my people. The amount of orgies that have happened in the past 10,000 years are more numerous than the stars in the sky. When I reached the throne room I saw Zeus going to town on several female elves and nymphs.

 

Artemis, "Father! The rifts grow ever more frequent, and with each passing day, Earth's spatial region grows weaker. On top of that, more and more humans are pulled through the rifts every month."

 

Zeus continued to rut in the elven woman bent over in front of him, "What do a few missing humans matter?"

 

Artemis, "I strongly suspect the humans taken have had their divinity unsealed in the process. You know as well as I do that anything going through uncontrolled rifts is broken down and reassembled on the other side. The seal was not meant to handle such obvious strain!"

 

Zeus narrowed his eyes, "You seek to lecture me on the nature of the seal? My Grandmother invented the seal!!"

 

Artemis, "Father you know as well I do once the seal is broken there is no way to reapply it, and even now it leaks!"

 

Zeus, "ENOUGH!!! I will not have you ruin this party with your speculations and conspiracy theories! If you must pursue this matter you may take it up with your grandmother!"

 

Artemis, "Gaia has been sleeping for 3,000 years and you wish me to wake her! The rage of her awakening would cause a global magnitude 10 earthquake!!!"

 

Zeus waved his hand and replied, "Magnitude, there it is again you keep using human words! What's wrong with you, why don't you speak elvish for once!"

 

Artemis confused replied, "Human words!!! You've speaking to me in Greek this whole time!"

 

Zeus yells and points at the entrance, "OUT!!!"

 

I stormed out of the throne room and made for my secret council's meet-up point. There was no way I was waking up Gaia and my like-minded comrades need to be made aware of the new rift.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"The fuck is that!"

 

Agent Whitman replied, "That Agent Harisson, is a goblin."

 

Agent Harrison, "The fuck is a goblin doing the middle of New York City!!"

 

Agent Whitman, "Fuck if I know."

 

We were standing in the middle of an alleyway with a large crowd cordoned off outside the alley. The goblin was dead and had a gunshot wound in its gut and a knife stuck in its shoulder. Apparently, a weird ass space crack opened up out of nowhere during a mugging and the mugger shot the goblin while his victim fled. The gunshot was not fatal though so the goblin rushed the mugger and got stabbed with the mugger's bowie knife. It wasn't until the mugger managed to somehow bring his entire gang back to secure the body for unspecified purposes that the FBI got wind of this. Apparently, this wasn't his gang's territory and when the gang occupying this area, heard about an entire rival gang on their turf, a shootout happened. The police eventually showed up to a bunch of dead or wounded gangsters surrounding a lone dead fantasy creature, a.k.a. the dead goblin. That's when they called us.

 

I pulled out my cell phone and dialed my boss before telling him, "Yes there is a real dead goblin here." 

 

All I was met with was, "Not another one." and orders to wait on-site for the CDC to show up. If anyone asked the goblin was a little person with a rare skin disease. As if anybody would buy that but hey orders are orders.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Alright, what do you have for me, Ms. Park."

 

Ms. Park, "Mr. President another rift opened today."

 

President Ramirez, "Ughth, that's how many this month?"

 

Ms. Park, "Nine sir."

 

President Ramirez, "What are the outcomes?"

 

Ms. Park, "Five nonhumans, one live-in-custody elf from King of the Rings, three pureblood zith inquisitors from Stellar Wars: The Archaic Republic, on the run, one dead goblin source unknown. One Endless Stone contained and archived. One rift opened up and took the head of the Drug Cartel, Carlos Jose Gonzalez, when he was visiting El Paso, Texas. One rift took an Engineering Graduate Student from The State College of North Michigan, a Miss Nancy Periwinkle. She was studying for her midterms. The last one happened last night at a college party in Chadsville, Kansas, and took three boys, ages 18, 19, and 21 respectively. Their names are Harry Hendrix, Lamar Presley, and Juan Santana.

 

All in it totals up to Five nonhumans, One artifact. Five humans lost, four of which are American citizens."

 

President Ramirez, "Which endless stone was it?"

 

Ms. Park, "The Mental Stone."

0