Chapter 6 Space Bridge
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

As I walked through the countryside, I looked into the nursery demi-plane ring again, at the sleeping babies. They appeared human but with crimson scales extending from their limbs to the edges of their torsos, they had claws, dragon horns, crimson dragon tails, and crimson dragon wings. I came to realize, I was now responsible for six children and had no assistance beyond somewhat domestic animals. I decided this needs a solution. The children were fine for now but soon they would grow and need an actual person to care for them. They would also need to learn all they could about everything they could be taught within reason. This filled me with anxiety so instead of dwelling on it I decided to take action.

 

First I went to the ring holding them inside the nursery and created six automatons that looked exactly like humans. I gave them sapience and bestowed the law of loyalty upon them while giving them the desire to serve and enjoy it. Their prime directive however was to care for the children. After creating a shield to protect the babies in case of spatial quakes, I expanded the nursery demi-plane to the size of Ireland with grassy plains, and a full ecosystem with animals no larger than a house cat. In fact, house cats were the primary predator. There were of course woodlands, including a large inland lake from which flowed many rivers and streams. The artificial sun doubled as a moon and was responsible for regulating weather. It could create clouds and control storms. It was the figurative heart of the realm. The nursery now resided inside a castle on a large hill near the lake. A mountain containing salt crystals was to the far south. I named the demi-plane Crib. I turned off the shield covering the automatons and babies. I then covered the ring containing the Crib in a layer of diamond, then titanium, then diamond again.

 

Focusing once again on my journey I looked back and noticed I'd just left the area of scorched earth. The sun shined upon the golden grasses around me and I released I was lost. At some point likely due to the scorched earth, I failed to notice that I was no longer following the road. So I stretched out my ESP and sensed for the nearest road. It was 10 miles to the west. Deciding I might as well as experiment I decided to create my first space bridge. Using my ability to manipulate laws I attempted to fold space together at two points, here where I currently was and the road ten miles away. Then I felt the earthquakes start. Looking ahead as the earthquakes grew stronger I saw the land ahead of me fold downward rapidly as a road rose in the distance and grew ever closer. Deciding this was a bad idea I attempted to put things back to the way they were, while the earth groaned and shook. Finally, everything was as it should be and I decided unless I was in outer space or somewhere else completely empty I would not try the space bridge idea again. Now that I think about it folding a celestial body, no matter how much of a flat earther's wet dream, seems like a bad idea. Especially an inhabited one.

 

After a while, I decided to just walk toward the road and go from there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure about that?"

 

Harold, "I'm telling you Archibald, my aunt saw the whole thing down in Westchester when she was out picking herbs! From north to south, the land sunk in the middle and rose from east to west like the very land itself was being folded! It wasn't just her either the whole village felt the earth shake!"

 

Archibald, "Hmmm, I still say your aunt was been eating too many wild mushrooms."

 

Harold, "How does that explain the whole village feeling the earth shake then?!"

 

Archibald, "Who knows maybe she spiked the potluck with wild mushrooms!"

 

Just as I was giving Archibald a flat look, Margret came by and said, "I have three uncles in Eastfield that said they saw the same thing from atop a hill."

 

Harold, "See! Proof!"

 

Archibald, "Oh for Sun's sake, say this did happen, what are we expected to do about it?!"

 

Margret, "Pray."

 

I nodded my head until Archibald spoke up, "Oh please as if the Sun god will do anything about it." He then sipped his ale.

 

Margret, "I'll have you know just the other day one of the Sun god's priests healed my neice of food poisoning."

 

Archibald, "Gretta never was a very good cook."

 

Margret gave Archibald a glare and I said, "Speaking of healing have you guys heard the Great Wizard John?"

 

Margret, "Oooh yeaaahh, I heard he slayed the Pale Man of Southburrow, who was draining all the neighborhood whores. Burnt him to crisp."

 

Harold, "The vampire?"

 

Margret answered, "Yup." With a smug look.

 

Archibald, "Well If you ask me it's only a matter of time before every Tom, Dick, and Harry are out competing with him. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sky Temple puts out a warrant for his arrest. I mean he's practically stealing their business."

 

Harold, "I don't know about that Archibald, sounds a little paranoid to me."

 

Margret, "Ya I mean he's not hurting anyone."

 

Archibald, "Mark my words you two, first the Sky Temple will be after him, then the nobility, then the king. When people get too popular they tend to become a threat to those in power. The tallest tree gets struck first." He then sipped his ale again.

 

Margret and I gave each other a worried glance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally got to the capital. Turns out this kingdom is called The Ironwood Kingdom, after the ironwood trees that were once abundant in the region. However, looking around I saw nothing but plains and farmlands surrounding the area for as far as the mortal eye could see.

 

That said I need to find out who held the most power here before I decided how I would seize power in my true form. Fact was, I need a base while I figure out how to go back to Earth and I'd rather not be besieged from all sides so first I'll have to conquer this flat earther style world. Plus I've always wanted to be a god-king. In addition, that way I can do whatever I want without worrying about being under someone else's control or looking over my shoulder. Maybe I can get a harem and make a bunch of demigods too. Sounds like a lot of trouble though, I'll have to wait and see.

0