Announcement + Celebratory One-shot Short Story: The Good News and The Bad News
20 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ok so announcement first I failed one of my classes and passed the other so now I have to retake the one I failed but luckily I was able to schedule it to late February. So that roughly 9 more weeks to work on stuff after this week.  Bad news is my mom is probably getting surgery to remove a precancerous growth from her chest. Plus I have to figure out insurance at the beginning of every year. That said I've already enrolled my insurance but there'll likely be more to do in the new year. I'll begin writing today but in the meantime here is a unrelated short story I wrote. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The Tale of The Hero

Oneshot & An Atypical Legend

During a great feast a terrifying Sable Dragon descended from the sky and kidnapped the princess. The King spread word through all the lands of the Dragon’s great crime. He promised he would wed his daughter to whoever could rescue her from the dragon’s fiery maw. Sir Godfrey, a knight of a great renown and current owner of the holy sword, made to rescue the Princess with great haste.

 

He traveled through the Fertile Hills of Lord Garth, across the Golden Plains of Lady Martinell and into The Treacherous Darkwood owned by no man. There he slayed the Wolf King Anadreaos, who had lived since the time of the Great Red Empire. Legends say he could turn into a great werewolf and command great scores of man and wolf alike. 

 

Sir Godfrey then traveled through the Putrid Mires of Bubonica slaying The Necker, the fowl hydra that laid within those swampy waters. Before sailing across the Sapphire Sea to only be swallowed by the Great Sea Serpent Aderra and plunge his Holy Sword into her heart. After cutting his way through her belly he washed upon the shores of The Isle of Sand. It was there he saw the New Moon Castle looming over the isle like a great lone mountain. 

 

He made his way through the castle’s empty halls and into the deepest darkest dungeon where he found the Princess and the Dragon. The Princess was bound in chains and strung upon the wall, the Dragon watching her impassively a cold glint in its eyes. The dragon then turned to him and a subtle heat entered its gaze. Sir Godfrey the Hero drew his holy sword and prepared for battle. 

 

The Dragon stood and with a great flash of light took the form of a horned woman of incomparable beauty in an attempt to seduce Sir Godfrey. For even she knew of his prowess and more……..

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

The Dragoness tapped the tip of his sword and commented, “Why all this for little ol’ me? It’s so big!” “And sharp…” she muttered. Her eyes narrowed at the drop of blood on her finger, before angling her arms to squeeze her breasts together and expose more of her cleavage.

 

Sir Godfrey, “Surely you jest, Dragon!”

 

The Dragoness smirked and answered, “Oh and why would I be jesting especially when I finally have you right where I want you?” Her eyes filled with an intense perhaps sexual heat, bordering on obsession.

 

Sir Godfrey dread filling his heart asked, “What do you mean? Why did you kidnap the princess?! It couldn't be…”

 

The Dragoness raised her voice and crazed horny look entering her eyes, “Oh but it is! I took her to lure you here. I knew of no other way to get you to come here.”

 

Sir Godfrey, shocked, asked, “You speak as if you know me?!”

 

The Dragoness, “Oh but I do? I’ve watched you since the day you entered this world. From the day of your birth till you washed upon my Isle’s very shores. Hardly anyone ever looks up.” She said pointing upward with her finger. 

 

Sir Godfrey lowered his sword slightly, sweat upon his brow and asked, “What is your intention?”

 

The Dragoness’s voice briefly turned sultry and answered, “Seduce you, wed you, birth your children and eat the princess.”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Sir Godfrey hesitated as the Dragon temptress attempted to seduce him then swung his blade only for the dragon to catch his blade with her claws. For sir Godfrey knew he could not let be such a man eating evil plague the lands far and wide. 

 

With an exchange of blows, blocks and spell blasts, back then forth they went. Till finally the dragon in human clothing had enough and resumed its true form. With great inhale it brought great winds through the halls rushing into its maw and exhaled a great fiery breath. The hero raised his Holy Sword and divided the flames as they met the flat of his blade. When the breath ended he rose, leaping into the air and sliced the dragon in twain with one blow. 

 

He freed the Princess and a passing merchant ship gave them safe passage back to the lands of the King. When they arrived they were wed and the King abdicated the throne to the Hero.

 

 

0