Chapter 1 – Hospital
68 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Ok ok… Let’s calm down for a while. This must have all been a dream.. Yes it’s a dream! I will sleep again and open my eyes to see that everything returns to normal.’

Hua Mei laid down comfortably and closed her eyes. But, the sounds around her did not stop, especially the baby’s breaths. She immediately used her hands to block her ears and started counting sheep in her mind.

A few seconds pass by before her two eyes burst out open. A thin mist of water veiled her eyes as panic and anxiety seized her. 

“Arghhh!!! Why can’t I sleep?! This must all be a dream because in no way in hell am I suddenly with an instant baby after just being crushed under a car tire!”

Hua Mei started gasping hard as if she was out of oxygen. She knew she was on the verge of a panic attack and she also knew she had to stop it.

“Ok, ok, I can do it. So, if this is not a dream, then a hidden camera? No, my brain-hole is getting too wide, let’s stop it.”

She started thinking hard about the potential situation when her imagination began to run even wilder.

‘Then, is this some sort of new kidnapping scheme? Is this child an illegitimate child of some bigshot? The new stepmother killed his mother and sent this child out to get the inheritance herself?! Then the kidnappers made this elaborate play to make an innocent ba fumei accept this child and raise him?’

Hua Mei couldn’t get her already gone rationality and started to calm herself down again. She knew what she was thinking was even wilder than a simple hidden camera. It was also full of plotholes..

The pale white ceiling was reflected on her glassy eyes and her mood became more depressed. Her senses got used to the unfamiliar environment and she began to notice her surroundings. A distinct smell of disinfectant lingered under her nose as she took in everything around her. 

While she hadn't been in serious accidents before the car accident, Hua Mei obviously still knew how a hospital was. This room did not look like the normal public hospital and was very foreign. It was a private room with only her and the baby. A massage chair to the side and a wall-mounted television in the center, with a small desk to the right side. One could smell the fragrance of money wafting through the room with how big and luxurious it looked. 

An ordinary woman in her early 30’s who ran a restaurant would not know the extravagant life of the rich. She felt like a foreign virus treated poorly by the immune system, but suddenly defeated it, finally infecting the host’s body. But before she could think further, a sudden cry broke through the still room, bringing a sense of life.

“Wahhhhhhhh!!”

Hua Mei broke out of her trance and turned to glance at the woke baby crying its heart out. She reached out her hands, intending to lift the baby and calm it down.

But, she stopped.

She felt conflicted. She was scared and felt that touching the baby would confirm that this was not a dream. She took back her hand and fell into a trance again, denying again and again that she was in a dream and that it was not her baby. Hua Mei kept reminding herself that she survived and her brother would come visit her anytime soon.

But, she somewhat already knew that she died during that accident because no one could survive that. The tire crushing her shoulder and the feeling of her body turning cold. Just thinking about it filled her with dread and the feeling overwhelmed her. She fell back on the bed and stared at the ceiling while the baby kept on crying.

But, this action earned her a sudden burst of pain between her legs and made her gasp out loud. 

“What in the dumb fuck?! Why am I feeling pain there when I hurt my shoulder?!”

The sharp pain persisted for a few minutes and gradually turned numb still pulsing. While Hua Mei never experienced childbirth herself, she still theoretically knew through her friend’s words after she gave birth. This was known as “afterpains” during the postpartum period. These memories gradually broke her fragile illusion of dreaming and made her accept that she did indeed give birth to this baby. 

‘Ok, I died. Then, is this the next life? But, who the fuck starts with a childbirth? Wouldn’t they themselves be a newborn?!’

Her constant mood change and the wide range of feelings gradually made her tired and devoid of thoughts. Hua Mei gradually fell asleep and experienced actual dreams of her family, her restaurant, and her previous life.

The baby also stopped crying after nobody attended to it and fell asleep. 

The mother and baby looked extraordinarily alike despite its eyes buried under folds and looking quite ugly.

The nurse soon came in to soothe the baby after hearing its cries through the corridor. Feeling puzzled why the mother didn’t breastfeed the baby, she opened the door to see both of them sleeping peacefully.

The baby had dried tears on its face and the mother’s face had a tear falling from her eye. The teardrop mole under her right eye was enhanced under the trace of the falling tear.

The nurse has seen and assisted countless births in her service, but she felt quite emotional looking at this pair. She recalled the pain and suffering the mother had from the difficult birth, immediately fainting afterwards. The baby also experienced breathing difficulties due to the umbilical cord wrapped around its neck. 

She didn’t really like this woman before during her prenatal check-ups because she seemed cynical and never really cared about her baby. But, the courage she showed throughout the delivery really moved the nurse. 

The nurse refrained from disturbing them and quietly went back. Her eyes finally fell on the woman’s beautiful face showing a happy expression and closed the door.

do you like my writing? also what about the story???

i tried to potray a reborn person actually missing her previous life and trying to move on because she has no way back. hope it's done good:]

also this story will not have romance and most likely be only her being a single mother and her rich family supporting her:)

5