CHAPTER 2 – SQUISHY SUBSTANCE
338 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bliss laid on a tree limb looking up at the sky that was getting darker. In his injured, mana and stamina deprived state his eyes were already feeling heavy. Before long he had already fallen asleep.

 

Bliss woke up the next day feeling slightly better. His injuries still had not fully healed but at least his stamina and mana had returned.

 

Still feeling lethargic, Bliss jumped down from the tree and looked around. Once again he was in a new environment he knew nothing about.

 

Bliss had always dreamed of being summoned into another world as a hero to save some princess but now that he was experiencing the real dangers of this world he missed having a comfortable human city as a home.

 

Bliss checked himself first.

 

Name: Bliss Bloodborne

Race: Dungeon Beast (young)

Level: 3

Experience: 5/100

Hp: 16/21

Mana: 35/35

Skill Points:11/11

Strength: 6

Speed: 6

Dexterity: 11

Intelligence: 27

 

Skills

[Self assurance level 1 Rank 1]

[Skill crook - level 1 Rank 1]

[Minor Space magic - level 1 Rank 1]

[Basic Weapons Crafter - level 1 Rank 1]

 

Hidden Skill

[Keen eye - level 1 Rank 1]

 

Skill Description 

 

[Basic Weapons Crafter - level 1 Rank 1]

- You can now create basic wooden weapons from trees.

Intelligence +5 .

 

Looking at his new skill Bliss was pleased, finally a skill that would actually be useful for someone with knowledge of another world. 

 

The wooden spear he had had already been broken after it ran through the last goblin. He had come to realize that this new world isn't as welcoming as it seems and if he wanted to survive he needed to protect himself.

 

Bliss looked around and broke a limb off a tree trying to use his new skill.

Almost instinctively he had the knowledge of what to do with the tree limb. 

 

Bliss started grinding the limb against a rock and removed all the excess stubbles from the limb fashioning it into a smooth pole. He then grinded one end to make a point.

 

After flashing the wooden spear a few times Bliss felt satisfied. 

 

But there was still another major problem that he had forgotten. 

 

Bliss was stark naked. Coming from an earth where everyone wore clothes this was an uncomfortable feel. Bliss gathered some vines and large leaves to cover up the more sacred regions but it wasn't much better than being naked. 

 

The chilling air still flowed through his forestly skirt leaving an extra chilly feeling under the family jewels. 

 

Looking around once more Bliss thought again, he looked for a small piece of wood and started grinding it down. Eventually he fashioned a small wooden knife. 

 

[Congratulations! Basic Weapons Crafter has leveled up]

 

Skill Description 

 

[Basic Weapons Crafter - level 2 Rank 1]

- You can now create wooden weapons that are slightly sturdier than normal wood.

Intelligence +8 .

 

When Bliss saw the notification a slight glint entered his eyes. 

 

‘What kind of MC would I be using a silly spear when I just got a skill like this.’

 

Once again Bliss started grinding down his spear and after an hour his spear had been transformed into a wooden katana.

 

Bliss felt excited looking at his new creation.

 

‘Oh yeah! now this is a weapon!’

 

After swinging it around a few times he was itching to use it. 

 

Bliss’s joy was cut short when a loud grumble was felt within the forest.

 

‘Oh yeah, I guess I haven’t eaten in at least a day now….. I wonder what do dungeon beasts even eat anyways?’

 

Bliss thought as he started walking through the forest. 

 

As Bliss walked around he took a closer look at the surrounding trees. Most of the trees in the forest were large trees resembling pine trees, they grew tightly packed and allowed very little space for sun to shine through.

 

The sounds of birds flying over could be heard even within the thick interior of the forest. Luckily for Bliss he had not run into any other beast as yet. 

 

Eventually Bliss stumbled on a group of low lying trees . Unlike the others in the forest that had pine-like leaves it had broad leaves similar to those of a few bushes like the ones Bliss used to make his grass skirt. 

The crown of these trees were exceptionally thick and allowed almost no sunlight to peer through.

 

But what really drew Bliss attention was the large blue fruits that hung from the tree.

Bliss took a keen look at the fruits.

 

[Blue Harra Fruit - Unknown forest fruit]

 

His keen eye was very disappointing to say the least. With his stomach growling, Bliss decided to take a leap of faith and take a bite.

 

The blue fruit had a sweet juicy taste with a slight tang, nothing like the disgust he had expected.  

Bliss enjoyed the fruit so much that he decided to climb the tree to pick a few more to carry.

 

When Bliss was about to climb the tree a loud screech came from the crown of the tree. Bliss looked up to see an oversized mandrill baboon screeching non-stop.

 

The baboon, unlike a normal mandrill, had full white fur and a face as red as a cherry. Its fang dripped with saliva as it screamed at Bliss.

 

Name: -

Race: Ape Creature

Level: 5

Hp: 15/15

Mana: -

Skill Points:5/5

Strength: 10

Speed: 6

Dexterity: 3

Intelligence: 4

 

Skills

[Superior Agility]

[Rage]

[Sixth sense]

 

It was obvious the baboon was a notch above the fragile goblins, but it was just one. What harm could one monkey do? Bliss ignored the screech and continued to stretch for Blue Harra fruit.

 

Right as Bliss’s finger was about to touch the fruit …

 

*splat*

A stinging feeling was felt on his fingertips followed by the feeling of a squishy substance between his fingers.

 

Bliss’s enthusiasm for the blue fruit turned to rage when he realized the brown squishy substance between his fingers was most likely monkey poo. 

 

Seeing the look of shock on Blisses face the baboon’s screech turned into a loud cackle as it burst out into laughter.

 

Bliss hopping around trying to flash the fecal matter from his fingers only made the situation more hilarious to the ape. 

 

Bliss, annoyed by the laughing ape, decided to teleport to the limb behind the ape so he could slap him in the back of his head like he deserved.

 

Unfortunately when he teleported near to the chimp, as though knowing where he was without turning the monkey jumped to another limb while using its tail to hurl another ball of brown gue at Bliss’s face.

 

Bliss was frozen in surprise as his plan for revenge left him with a face filled with poo.

This time instead of one ape hackling it was two, another had appeared behind him causing the hackling to sound even louder.

 

Realizing that the new ape was just as strong as the first Bliss jumped and grabbed another one of the Blue Harra fruits and before the next round of poo could collide with him, he had already teleported away.

 

[Congratulations! Minor space Magic has leveled up]

 

Skill Description 

 

 [Minor space magic - level 2 rank 1]

- Minor space manipulation. Currently limited to self teleportation 3 meters, cost 9 mana.

- mana +12.

 

‘It seems as though the more I practice my skills the faster they level up. But not all skills level up at the same speed. Before my crafting skill leveled up after only craftering two weapons but now my space magic took seven teleportations before it leveled up. 

 

Based on this I can assume that the skills are not all equal and some take a lot more effort to improve than others.’

 

Bliss was in thought as he continued to eat the Blue Harra fruit while walking through the forest.

 

‘For now my main goal should be finding a way out of this dungeon. I am not particularly fond of being locked inside this death trap.’ 

 

Bliss was yanked from his chain of thoughts when a vine was sent whipping towards him.

 

Bliss jumped to the side to dodge, and looked around to identify what was trying to kill him.

 

He saw a human sized yellow Pitcher Plant with red glowing eyes. 

The Pitcher plant seemed to be dripping acid from its top, as each drop over flowed and hit the ground it left a hole as the acid seemed to continue to melt through the forest floor. 

 

14