CHAPTER 3 – ANOTHER DEADLY CREATURE
264 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: -

Race: Predatory Pant

Level: 7

Hp: 25/25

Mana: 40/40

Skill Points:6/6

Strength: 8

Speed: 2

Dexterity: 10

Intelligence: 4

 

Skills

[Extra sensory]

[Rampage]

[Acid shoot]

 

The pitcher plant was no push over based on its stats and before Bliss realized it the vines were already reaching for him. Dodging the first, second and third vine attack was easy but by thirtieth and fortieth Bliss was already exhausted. 

 

Eventually Bliss started using his blade to cut some of the vines, which seemed futile since it would simply regenerate more vines.

 

To add insult to injury, after the plant realized that the majority of its vines were being cut down it started shooting acid at Bliss forcing him to dodge even more hastily.

 

Another spurt of acid fired at Bliss, he dashed to the side to dodge but a vine that was already running on the ground had tripped him. Before Bliss could understand what happened he was already already tied up in vines and looking down at the inside of the pitcher plant filled with boiling green acid.

 

Feeling the chemical steam exuding from the bath of green acid Bliss teleported to the base of the pitcher’s cup and gripped his wooden sword with his hand that glowed in a white hue.

 

[Self Assurance Activated - strength +5]

 

Bliss swung his sword with his full strength separating the pitcher’s cup from its roots and vines.

 

 The pitcher plant’s vines and leaves immediately began to dry up while the vase-like pitcher cup tilted allowing some of the acid to spill off onto the forest floor.

 

Bliss laid beside the pitcher’s cup exhaustedly looking at the notifications that were popping up.

 

[Predatory Plant slain +50 exp]

[First Predatory Plant slain +50 exp]

[Congratulations! You have level up] 

[Congratulations! Self assurance has leveled up] 

 

[Self Assurance - level 2 rank 1]

- By believing in yourself you can find great power within.

One stat increases between +10 to +15.

 

“I want to get the hell out of here!”

 

Bliss laying down paralyzed by exhaustion shouting into the abyss of the forest. He was tired of this death trap. Goblins trying to eat him, monkeys stopping him from eating and plants trying to digest him. Every corner was another dangerous creature ready to kill.

 

Blissed missed his old world where everything was safe and made for comfort. He was already tired of that slight breeze caused by the lack of pants. Tired of always having to lay on these hard surfaces and most of  all tired of always being tired. 

 

Bliss layed on the forest floor for a few hours wallowing in his disdain for this dungeon.

 

Bliss’s wallowing was cut short when a loud cry was heard in the thick forest . The cry drew out some primal instinct to draw closer.

 

Listening closer to the cry that shook the forest even Bliss who was already feeling down could feel pain and anguish in that cry.

 

Almost as though some deity was calling a follower. Bliss felt compelled to draw closer to the source of the wails.

 

Drawing closer to the source Bliss saw scorch marks and broken trees laying about. Eventually as Bliss drew closer to the wails he could see dried blood scattered over the forest. 

 

Bliss still drawing closer saw the severed head of a man, his skin as pale as a flower that had been cut and his eyes wide as though not grasping the concept of death. 

 

 Bliss was terrified but the closer he traveled towards the wails the more fixated he was.

 

After passing two dead bodies Bliss arrived at the thick layer of tree to see what was the cause of the wales. 

 

What lay before Bliss was a giant scaly purple creature whose claws and teeth were sharp enough to tear through steel, not to mention the giant wings and tail that folded around its body. 

 

“AArgg!” 

Once again the ear piercing screech reverberated through the forest this dragon looking creature was obviously its source. 

 

After looking closely Bliss realized that apart from the few bruises and scratches the dragon had multiple arrows piercing its scales along with a large gaping wound along its chest.

 

Whatever fight this dragon was in, it was obvious this was a close call.   

 

Bliss was already feeling a terrible pressure just looking at the dragon, 

 

*keen eye*

 

Name: ???

Race: Pseudo Dragon

Title: Dungeon Boss

Level: ???

Hp: 15/???

Mana: 0/???

Skill Points:0/???

Strength: ???

Speed: ???

Dexterity: ???

Intelligence: ???

 

Skills - ???

 

‘Well not very keen’  Bliss thought as he looked at the status sheet of the dragon. 

 

‘Arrrggghhh!’ The forest shook once again as the dragon bellowed in agony. 

 

“Stop that god forsaken crying already!” Bliss shouted.

 

“Finally! Is it one of the baboons?!” The screaming of the dragon ended abruptly the moment Bliss spoke.

 

Bliss wasn't sure what language he was speaking nor the language of the dragon but somehow they both understood each other.

 

“Wait, you're not one of the baboons. You look like more like the humans ... but I can smell the 

Dungeon’s Heart touch flowing all around you… oh! You must be one of the new creatures it created.”

 

The dragon despite its tattered state spoke as though there weren't over a dozen arrow heads impaling him nor his heart almost visible through his wounds.

 

“Oh, you know about the dungeon, so you can tell me how to get out of this hell hole then right?”

 

Bliss finally had some lifeform that could communicate he would not miss this opportunity to get some answers. 

 

“Ha! Leave? No measle dungeon beast can leave this dungeon. If you want to leave you have to be a dungeon boss at least.” 

 

“So how do I become a dungeon boss then?” Bliss was already feeling disheartened to know that he was trapped inside the dungeon just because he was born here.

 

“Hmm, well you would have to first become a dungeon beast leader. 

 

You do that by beating the leader of your race or in your case since you seem to be a unique creature you would have to beat all the creatures on a floor. 

 

After that just conquer another nine floors and voila you're a Dungeon Boss.”

 

Bliss was no fool, it was obvious this dragon was euphemizing an almost impossible feat for someone with his level of strength.  

 

“So, if I do all that I can leave the dungeon for good right?”

 

“Heck no! 

You do that and you can leave the dungeon once a year with a few of your followers in the beast horde.”

 

“Then how do I leave permanently!” 

Bliss was already getting annoyed at the dragon's inability to get to the root of his desire but still continued to drill.

 

The dragon with a smirk replied

 

“I'm done talking. If you want to know anything else you have to help me remove all of these arrows.”

13