CHAPTER 9 – INHABITANTS
196 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Instantly a ball of green light encapsulated Bliss the ball seemed to just be a variation in her shields. 

 

Bliss would have liked to say the shield was pretty easy to crush but with his battered state he was already barely holding on and now he had to fight this barrier. 

 

He had to admit the girl had remarkable timing. She was definitely a little selfish waiting until her companions had whittled him down to naught before showing her cards. 

 

“AARGH!”

 

Bliss roared in pain when the shield began to shrink and crush his body. 

 

The problem though, the shield was just too flimsy, the only reason it had lasted this long was just because Bliss was in a weakened state. 

 

The more Bliss roared the further back he pushed the shield with his brute strength. 

 

[BAM!]

 

As easily as it caught him Bliss had broken the prison. 

 

Bliss looked over at  the troublesome adventure and saw her hand glowing in a green hue. The brighter it glowed the faster her injuries seemed to have regenerated. 

Bliss was on guard as he walked over. He could see the adventurer try to crawl away however she was far too injured to make any significant strides. 

 

“That’s a handy little skill you have there.”

 

Bliss tried to communicate with the woman but based on her excessive squirming it would seem futile. 

 

Instead of continuing to try to speak with the woman, Bliss took a seat on the cavern floor in front of the adventurer and watched patiently as she continued to heal herself with the green light. 

 

After realizing how the dungeon worked Bliss understood that this Dungeon was very simple in design, which would explain why the pseudo-dragon Marvel could never escape. 

 

The dungeon was simply too easy for any new adventurer to explore. With only three major forces so scattered it was no wonder any party could challenge him time after time. 

 

And just like with Marvel Bliss was left severely injured after this encounter. If another adventurer party was to appear now he would be in extreme danger. 

 

Bliss began to meditate and extend his consciousness to the upper floors of the dungeon.

As the dungeon’s Boss, Bliss was near omnipresent within the dungeon and could control all aspects of its inhabitants. 

 

Bliss started with the first few floors, 1-10. They were covered in a thick forest-like area with the white baboons being the main inhabitants. 

 

Bliss looked around and saw that these baboons lived high above in the tall trees of the forest  but they had no leader. The homes of the white baboons were cocoon shaped pods created from dried mud at the top of the trees. 

 

Looking around Bliss searched for the biggest white Baboon among the lot.

 

 Name: -

Race: Ape Creature

Level: 10

Hp: 100/100

Mana: -

Skill Points: 7/7

Strength: 25

Speed: 13

Dexterity: 6

Intelligence: 7

 

Skills

[Superior Agility]

[Berserk]

[Sixth sense]

 

[Do you wish to make this creature the leader of floors 1-10? yes/no]

 

Just trying to look at the baboons stats made another notification pop up. Bliss could now understand that the dragon before might have been too cowardly to promote any other creature to a leader fearing that they would gain enough power to usurp him. However this fear might have been what was holding the Dungeon back. 

 

Without official leaders the creatures would not focus nor coordinate effectively. Bliss decided and chose ‘yes’.

 

The baboon who had just been revived shrieked in a sharp cry as its fur gained a silver hue, its body grew slightly larger and its fangs extended slightly.

[Congratulations! White Baboon has been promoted to Dungeon Leader. One random skill will be mutated.]

[Congratulations! Your dungeon has 1/3 leaders.]

 

Name: -

Race: Ape Creature

Title: Dungeon Leader

Level: 5

Hp: 150/150

Mana: -

Skill Points: 10/10

Strength: 30

Speed: 15

Dexterity: 10

Intelligence: 8

 

Skills

[Superior Agility]

[Berserk (M)]

[Sixth sense]

 

Skill 

[Berserk (M) level 2 Rank 1]

 

- After HP falls below fifty percent, with a howl all subservient creatures within range will become berserk. (Berserk state: All stats increase +20%, intelligence -30%).

 

After promoting the Leader Bliss added rocks and stones to the floor of the forest hoping this would give them something other than fecal matter to throw.  

 

Bliss looked around and thought of other ideas to improve the dungeon floors. He planted dozens of swinging log traps throughout the forest.

 

Bliss then moved on to the middle floors. These floors were home to the white furred wolves. They were the most promising creatures so far. Although their numbers were lacking they had decent combat ability. 

 

Name: -

Race: White wolf

Level: 10

Hp: 150/150

Mana: -

Skill Points:8/8

Strength: 15

Speed: 20

Dexterity: 9

Intelligence: 8

 

Skills

[Superior Agility]

[Healing Factor]

[Hunter]

 

The wolves were impressive, they already had a leader, although the leader wasn’t a true dungeon leader he was only the alpha of the pack. Just the title of alpha alone was enough to help them coordinate a lot better than the white baboons. 

 

Bliss chose the alpha of the pack and promoted him to a true dungeon leader. Similar to the white baboon, the white wolf’s fur turned silver and its body and fangs grew twice as large. 

 

[Congratulations! White Wolf has been promoted to Dungeon Leader. One random skill will be mutated.]

[Congratulations! Your dungeon has 2/3 leaders]

 

Name: -

Race: White wolf

Title: Dungeon Leader

Level: 10

Hp: 200/200

Mana: -

Skill Points: 20/20

Strength: 20

Speed: 25

Dexterity: 11

Intelligence: 9

 

Skills

[Superior Agility]

[Advance Healing Factor]

[Illusionary Hunter (M)]

 

Skill 

[Illusionary Hunter (M) level 2 Rank 1]

 

- Create clones of pack members to bolster numbers. Cost 1 Skill point per clone. 

(Clone - HP 1, Strength 1, Speed 20, Dexterity 1, Intelligence 1).

 

Bliss wanted to promote one of the goblins however they had no leaders nor anyone that was particularly stronger than the rest. Bliss decided to finish his adjustments to the leaders for the day.

 

Bliss dusted himself off and looked back at the female adventurer who had been squirming about.

 

Initially Bliss wanted to kill all the adventurers. There was a nagging voice at the back of his head that seemed to encourage him to kill all the intruders even more; the voice had a strange presence that made him feel as though it was ordinary to massacre them like ants. 

 

Bliss might have been the only creature intelligent enough to understand that this was the dungeon's way of making it clear he was a monster now despite his past life. 

 

15