CHAPTER 10 – FORGED FROM THE FANG
186 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Massacre and blood lust must be the trademark for these low level creatures, but Bliss was above that and would fight the urge even now. 

 

Bliss would never fall prey to basic instincts, afterall he was a therapist and is supposed to be someone more in touch with his psyche.

 

Bliss took a few deep breaths and quieted down the voices inside his head before speaking. 

 

“Heal me.”

 

Bliss tried to tell the adventurer but she continued to look at him in confusion.

 

“What?”

 

Linda looked at the monster with a puzzled expression. Linda was shocked when the dark skinned creature grabbed her hand and made a circular motion over a burnt area on his skin. 

 

Linda had a light healing skill that was very effective on skin surface wounds. Not to mention it could heal even deeper wounds if given enough time and mana.

 

But why should she heal the monster that just killed her party. She wanted to pull her hand away until she saw a tear in the eyes of the creature.

 

It was obvious it had been in agony this entire time. But she was still conflicted, it was just another dungeon Boss. If she healed him he would just kill her or even keep her captive as a play thing. 

 

She was pulled from her conflicted state when the creature looked deep into her eyes. For some reason she could feel something very human about the creature.

 

His eyes held a conviction as though he was some trapped creature. But even more he felt very… human. Linda could not quite figure out what intrigued her so much about the creature.

 

Reluctantly she activated her skill and a green glow began to engulf the damaged body of the creature. 

 

It took over an hour of Bliss and Linda sitting awkwardly with each other before his body and  bones healed.

 

Bliss got up and held Linda’s hand leading her to the exit of the cave. 

 

“No… wait, I have to take their plates.”

 

Linda pulled away and ran over to the corpses of her teammates and took each of their adventurer’s plates. 

 

Bliss continued to walk to the exit of the cave and Linda came running back to Bliss’s side.

 

“Did you have to kill them?”

 

Linda shouted with tears in her eyes.

 

“They invaded MY territory.”

 

Linda was dumbfounded and never expected the creature to give such a response.

 

“But, but… you didn’t have to kill them.”

 

Linda, still teary eyed, tried to find the logic in her own reasoning.

 

“They accepted their faiths the moment they drew their weapons inside my dungeon.” 

 

“Then why am I still alive?”

 

“Pure coincidence. If you hadn’t healed my body you would be joining them.”

 

Linda was shocked. The creature’s eyes before seem to have been filled with compassion but now he was acting just like the monster she knew he was.

 

After dragging her by the hand Bliss finally made it to the upper floors of the dungeon. 

 

Bliss took out half of one of Marvel’s ribs and activated his Basic Weapons Crafter skill.

 

Linda was a little flustered by the strange actions. 

 

Eventually the monster was done and the large bone seemed to transform into the shape of a magical staff.

 

Linda looked at the creature and even he seemed a little surprised by the finished product. 

 

“Here! Now leave.” Bliss did not want to be indebted to anyone and this small token should be sufficient compensation for the womans’ troubles, Bliss thought at least.

 

Linda was still taken aback by the changing emotions of the creature but with all of her companions dead and this staff as her only consolation prize, how could she say no.

 

Linda gripped the staff and bowed before heading towards the exit of the cave. 

 

Bliss watched as Linda scurried away and gritted his teeth at the conflicting emotions that welded up within him. 

 

On one hand Bliss had to fight the voice inside his head that told him to kill everything that invaded the dungeon like a mindless beast. While on the other more human side, within him yearned the companion of another being with intelligence. 

 

Bliss, tired of the internal strife, went against his better instincts and decided to let Linda leave. 

Even Bliss within himself knew this was a dubious move on his part, but he wanted to prove to himself that he could fight the urges of the dungeon.  

 

Bliss was drawn from his thoughts as Linda left the dungeon, he remembered the notification that popped up while he was forging the staff for Linda. 

 

[Congratulations! A weapon has been crafted. [The skill ‘Dragonic Song’ has been added to weapon]

[Skill stash has two skills remaining]

 

Due to the sudden arrival of the adventurer party Bliss had forgotten about this added effect of his mutated weapon crafting skill. Bliss looked at his dragon tooth sword and wondered if he could add a skill to his sword. Then another notification popped up.

 

[skill detected! Do you wish to add a skill to your weapon?]

 

[Skill Omni beam has been added]

 

[Dragon Tooth sword 

A sword forged from the fang of a thunder pseudodragon. 

Skill 1 - Omni beam - Costs 0 Skill points. The user fires a powerful blast of pure energy.

The user loses the ability to regenerate mana and skill points for 24 hours. Cooldown - 24 hours,

Grade A 

 

Skill 2 - Thunder absorption - When struck by lightning the sword will absorb the energy and transform it into a usable means of energy.]

 

Bliss walked back to the dungeon crystal while swinging his sword to get a better feel of its effect.

 

Eventually, when Bliss arrived he stretched out his palm and touched the crystal.

 

Immediately Bliss was assaulted by a barrage of information. 

15