CHAPTER 15 – THE INVASION
194 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bliss threw his feet up and sipped a cup of warm green tea while leisurely looking at his status screen in detail out of boredom. 

 

Name: Bliss Bloodborne

Race: Dragoon (young)

Title: Dungeon Boss

Level: 22

Experience: 4500/20,000

Hp: 3300/3300

Mana: 2100/2100

Skill Points:125/125

Strength: 800

Speed: 250

Dexterity: 850

Intelligence: 250

 

Skills

[Self assurance level 1 Rank 2]

[Minor Space magic - level 1 Rank 2]

[Basic Weapons Crafter - level 3 Rank 2]

 

Hidden Skill

[Keen eye - level 1 Rank 2]

[Skill Culprit - level 1 Rank 2]

 

Skill Description 

 

[Self assurance level 1 Rank 2]

- By believing in yourself you gain vast amounts of power.

All Stats +200, -1 skill point per second.

 

[Minor space magic (M) - level 1 rank 2]

- Minor space manipulation. 

Self teleportation 30 meters, costs 50 mana.

Spacial Bag 4x4 meters large.

Spacial Wall costs 50 mana per meter and 100 mana per second to maintain. 

 

[Basic Weapons Crafter (M) - level 3 Rank 2]

- You can create weapons that are slightly sturdier than normal. One random compatible skill will be added to the created weapon.

 

Hidden Skill

 

[Keen eye - level 2 Rank 2]

-Easily discern the basic status screen of any living creature at or below your level.

 

[Skill Culprit (M) - level 1 Rank 2]

- You can steal 1 random skill from a killed enemy and add it to your skill stash. Skill will revert to its lowest level. Skills in skill stash cannot be activated unless equipped or given out and cannot be re-entered into the skill stash (max 5). (2/5)

 

Race Description

 

-Dragoon - 

A subClass of the pseudo-dragon species, they are marked by superior strength, heightened senses and a signature demi-dragonic transformation.

-Dragonic mode - +200 all stats. Lasts for 5 minutes.  Four hour cooldown time. 

 

Bliss was getting a little perplexed. His first major experience with the system was after he had killed Marvel and all of his stats gained a major boost. But now even after he had killed a few humans and defended the dungeon his skills had barely moved. 

 

Bliss had to admit that he was spoiled by the initial dump that the system showered him with. But it seems now that the ‘tutorial’ phase was over he felt that he was alone. 

 

It was now that Bliss realized that leveling up and improving talents weren’t as quick as he had initially thought.

 

Bliss closed the status screen and took another sip of his green tea. 

 

‘Well I’ve already made it to the required amount. 

 

Should I leave the dungeon now or keep enjoying this little peace of comfort that I’ve built?’ 

 

Bliss was stuck between the two choices. Afterall, Bliss initially wanted to leave the dungeon to enjoy the life of comfort, that was his main goal. 


But what if he could make the dungeon as comfortable as he needed? 

 

Inside the dungeon Bliss was nigh omniscient and omnipresent, not to mention practically immortal and undying. Where else could he enjoy the feeling of being a god.

 

He had subjects to rule and all the comforts he needed could be built one by one. This was really all he wanted to live the perfect life. It would just take some time to get to the standards of his past world. 

 

Bliss rubbed his chin before deciding. 

 

‘Even if worse comes to worse I can always just decide to leave the dungeon then. So long as I don’t die before that the energy for me to leave will always be there. 

 

So basically if I ever want to leave the option will be there…’

 

Bliss was deep in thought before nodding to himself in resolve. 

 

‘I will enjoy the rest of my life inside the dungeon!

 

This place is heaven on earth!’

 

Bliss grinned as he stood up in resolution. Bliss smiled happily while putting away his tea and diving into the soft bed that he had forced the goblins to make. 

 

The softness of the bed was good and the sturdiness was strong enough to hold firm. Bliss cozied up himself in the bed ready to close his eyes.  

 

[RUMBLEE!]

 

Then vibrations shook the entire dungeon forcing Bliss to jump up prematurely. 

 

Before Bliss could make heads of the situation a series of notifications popped up.

 

The Dungeon’s Heart has sensed great danger and has issued three mandatory quests!]

 

[Your dungeon is under attack, defend the dungeon!

 Reward +1 level.

Failure -2 levels. ]

 

[An army has declared war on your dungeon. As the dungeon boss you must stop them and protect the dungeon’s heart!

 

Reward +5 levels

Failure -5 levels]

 

[Humans have taken your dungeon lightly, strike fear into the hearts of men and let them regret attacking your dungeon!

 

Reward + 1 Rank on a random skill

Failure - 1 Rank on a random skill]

 

Bliss eyes sparkled as he looked at the series of notifications. Before he had easily taken care of a group of ten adventurers so what could a few soldiers do in his dungeon now. Bliss before felt dejected at the slow progress of his stats but now a golden goose had landed itself right in his lap. How could he back down from such a lucrative challenge. 

 

Bliss scoffed at the thought that a few soldiers could destroy his dungeon after all the upper floors were teeming with traps and the monkeys of course. 

 

 

Bliss summoned the crystal ball to take a look at the army. 

 

Bliss eyes popped open at what he saw. 

 

The army had over a hundred soldiers marching in ranks and files. The soldiers all looked like a ragtag team of adventurers but the sheer number was imposing. 

 

Each soldier had the build of seasoned fighters, they weren’t muscular but they were well defined and even their faces held a look of boredom as though they had done this a few times before. 

 

The first twenty soldiers wore very good armor and all held swords but the next hundred or so seemed like some young men who had only just completed adolescence and even their eyes held a morsel of fear and anxiety as they marched in. 

 

Bliss gulped as they continued to march into the dungeon. 

 

The last person to enter the dungeon was a knight in thick bulky silver armor riding a black steed. He rode forward and the ranks and files opened gracefully to accommodate his advance. 

 

He walked to the front of the soldiers before raising his sword and announcing.. 

 

“I, Sir Donald the third, declare this dungeon to be under demolition!”

 

The moment he finished speaking the aura of all the soldiers raised and they began stomping and clanging their weapons on the spot.

 

At first Bliss thought it was just a means to raise the spirits of the men before a battle but the moment he saw a white aura engulf Donald he sat up. Afterall wasn’t that one of his own skills.

 

The white aura engulfed Donald but the moment it did a white pillar of light shot up and engulfed the entire cave shining bright. 

 

When the white beam hit the walls of the cave even Bliss felt the shaking and rumbling of the dungeon. 

 

But the shaking and rumbling was not the issue. Bliss rolled over feeling his knees buckle under their own trembling. Cold sweat instantly took over when he felt the disgusting power behind the eruption of energy. 

 

Bliss looked at his crystal ball and saw cracks start to appear. Even his hands that were supposed to be holding the crystal ball were trembling. 

 

Bliss tried to collect himself but things got even worse. The commander now at the front was facing the dense forest of tall trees and thick fog only looked at it with contempt and swung his sword horizontally. 

 

A vast white energy erupted from the sword of Sir Donald and cleaved one third of the forest trees clean through. The dense fog that covered the area was instantly blown away.

 

The unlucky baboons who were in those trees fell screaming. The rest of the soldiers made short work of them and slaughtered them without remorse. 

 

Bliss fell to the ground in despair seeing the power that was now encroaching on his domain. He had thought that Marvel was an apex predator in this world but now he really saw that the heights of this world were even higher than the Andes mountain. 

 

Bliss felt true fear after feeling the energy erupt inside the dungeon. Bliss brought up the system.

 

[Do you wish to use your stored souls to escape the dungeon?]

[yes/no?]

 

Bliss tried to select yes but he was met with another notification. 

 

[error!]

 

[As the Dungeon Boss your Dungeon is under attack! You cannot abandon it now.

 

You must kill at least fifty percent of the invading forces before you may leave!]

 

Bliss expression grew pale as he read the notification.  

 

“Well looks like all I did was make a comfortable coffin this time.”

 

Bliss gulped but the dryness in his throat prevented him. Bliss wiped his sweat as he tried to sit back down feeling the call of death.  

 

9