CHAPTER 17 – ONE NIGHTS’ BREAK?
163 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before long the army had taken care of all of the baboons. 

 

Looking at the injured soldiers and even a few corpses Cassandra looked at the commander who looked at her in agreement. 

 

“Daybreak is done. Let us set up shop for the night!”

 

Cassandra commanded the men with a strong voice and soon they began moving, clearing a location for the army to camp. 

 

The Dungeon was set up in such a way that it would mimic the day and night cycles outside. The only caveat was that without a sun to set nor rise the shift in day and night was a little more sudden. 

 

Due to this as quickly as the men started moving the darkness had covered the dungeon. 

 

The army luckily had set up their tents before the darkness took over and most laid comfortably while some were outside huddled around campfires.  This alone made the rank structure of the army pretty evident. 

 

The higher the rank the bigger and more luxurious the tent while the common soldier only had a sleeping bag to fair the Dungeons night air. 

 

Regardless of all of these factors the army still had their sentries posted around the camp doing patrols. 

 

The sentries had a very relaxed expression after all they had already cleared the monsters nearby and they were on a relatively flat plane. Any monster attacking them would be seen coming from the distance fairly easily. 

 

Before long the first hour of duty for the first set of sentries had been completed and they marched to their supervisors tent to report before being replaced. 

 

But when they entered the tent, the stench of blood wafted at them forcing them to buckle over slightly. 

 

Their supervisor's body laid lifelessly with his neck slashed. 

 

The four sentries panicked and rushed out of the tent to warn the surrounding soldiers. 

 

They screamed in panic and rushed to the other nearby tents to warn those nearby but to their dismay everyone in the surrounding tent was slaughtered just the same. 

 

The worst part was, the culprit had enough time to steal their weapons and armor. 

 

Bliss had moved swiftly and silently through the camp, his teleportation skill concealing him from sight since he never needed to move physically. 

 

He had timed his attack perfectly, catching the sentries during their shift change when they were least alert. 

 

He even wore the stolen armor and weapons which gave him an advantage, making him appear as one of their own, well from a distance at least. 

 

In the distance, the dying screams of the sentries alerted the other soldiers in the camp. 

 

Panic spread like wildfire as they realized they were under attack. The night had turned into a nightmare, and they were now facing an enemy they couldn't see or comprehend.

 

Eventually even Bliss couldn’t control the spread of chaos and panic in the camp. 

 

Bliss knew that he needed to act fast and capitalize on the chaos. He needed to kill as many soldiers as possible so that he could escape the dungeon without running into the commander. 

 

He knew he wasn’t much of a match and just crossing paths with him once might spell his death but this was a calculated risk. 

 

Eventually the hysteria finally settled and the captain of the troops Cassandra was called to investigate the mass killing in the camp. 

 

“Shut down the area!”

 

Cassandra ordered as she drew her sword and stepped forward. The area around where the murders took place was covered in a dome of shadow that expanded until it covered the entire region of the camp Bliss was playing around in. 

 

-

“What is this?”

 

Bliss said as he dropped the bloody body of another soldier and felt the air grew darker and his vision grew a shade darker. 

 

“A sensory type skill?!”

 

Bliss realized as he sensed someone approaching. 

 

In an instant a woman with short blonde hair appeared in front of Bliss. 

 

He sword was behind her ready for a big swing and overflowing with a massive amount of dark mana. 

 

“Die vile monster!

 

Desolate Slash!!!”

 

The moment she let loose her sword her dark mana engulfed a quarter of the camp and instantly erased it from existence. 

 

The tent that was surrounding them was blown apart until it was evaporated as well. 

 

The soldiers who had surrounded the area looked in awe at the devastation that their captain had caused. 

 

Before the dust settled the surrounding soldiers began to cheer. Afterall nothing could survive such an attack. 

But by the time the dust settled the soldiers were in disbelief. Not only had the intruder survived but… he looked completely untouched. 

 

The soldiers had to wonder how great the disparity between their captain and the creature was. 

 

Even the captain herself was sure she had killed the creature with one attack. She could clearly remember his life signs disappearing and turned her back ready to finish her rest. 

 

“Is that really all you have?”

 

When Cassandra heard the voice behind her she was surprised without end. 

 

All the danger sensing in her brain had kicked off and she tried to turn around. 

 

But before she could turn around a sword was already attacking her. 

 

She tried to parry the attack but she was already awkwardly turned so she lost her footing trying to block. 

 

Nonetheless she still managed to parry the attack but due to her absent footing and the sheer strength behind Bliss’s attack she was sent flying through a few tents.

 

The soldiers seeing that the intruder had dealt with their captain so easily they gulped realizing their faiths. 

 

But instead of attacking, Bliss raised his hand and pointed at the surrounding soldiers…

 

“You’re Next!”

 

And as suddenly as he had arrived Bliss had disappeared. 

 

Cassandra who had just returned from her departure swung her sword at the spot Bliss had been standing. 

 

“AARRGG!”

 

Cassandra bellowed in a fit of rage. 

 

“Why are you all just standing there!

 

Search the camp! Find the intruder and double the sentries!”

 

She bellowed orders left and right trying to find her cool after being so badly embarrassed. 

 

When all of her soldiers had left her alone she slumped to the ground breathing heavily. 

 

‘Did he really take my strongest attack like it was nothing?!’

 

Cassandra looked at her shaking arms as the feeling of over exertion took over. 

 

Cassandra spat on the ground. 

 

“I’ll kill that creature just you watch!”

 

10