CHAPTER 23 – AN AMBUSH
139 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The army marched forward and for the first time since they entered the dungeon they marched relatively undisturbed. 

 

Before long they encountered the site where the commander had fought with the pack of wolves and gulped looking at the mangled bodies. 

 

The soldiers looked at the commander with a careful expression wondering if he was even human. 

 

The commander raised his chin and acted unphased as they continued to press forward.

 

In truth, he was more relieved seeing that his men were a little better rested. It wasn’t the night’s sleep they needed but some rest was better than none. 

 

The only issue now was that both the captain and himself were practically exhausted. 

 

The captain, although her mana level was relatively high, she hadn’t gotten a night's sleep not once since she entered the dungeon. 

 

The bags under her eyes were already visible. As for him himself, the commander had expended quite a fair deal of mana both when he had to save his troops from the falling debris and a few hours ago when fighting the wolves.  

 

So although he was better rested than most of the men, in terms of mana levels he was just as exhausted, if not worse. 

 

Commander Donald was in deep thought as the army pressed forward deep into the lower floors of the dungeon. 

 

Sir Donald had to wonder if this was the true intention of the Dungeon Boss. Now that he and the captain were tired; and not the men, he had to wonder if the creature wanted to put the strongest pieces on the board out of commission. 

 

Although it was a far cry from “Out of commission” their combat power had severely fell moreso on his part with the low mana level. 

 

Regardless, Donald used the journey to try and recover some of the lost mana as the army steadily made progress. 

 

This was the smoothest journey they had had thus far and the ease of travel felt a little too ominous. 

 

It took some time but eventually they made it to the doorway leading to the lowest level of the dungeon. 

 

The army felt a weight lift off their shoulders as everyone made it to the next floors this time. 

 

After the massacre last time they saw a dungeon door they were all on guard and expecting the worst this time. 

 

The commander after looking closely and realizing no traps were laid this time commanded the troops to continue. 

 

However the moment the first rank of soldiers stepped through the door a hail of fire arrows doused them, lighting them on fire.

 

The rank of soldiers ran back through the door screaming in agony as fire burnt their bodies. 

 

“Mages! Water!”

 

“Shielders! Press forward!”

 

“Rangers! Return suppressing fire!”

 

Seeing what was taking place the Captain who all along remained quiet barked orders back to back. 

 

Like a well oiled machine the army responded to the orders. 

 

The men on fire were bathed in water magic while the shielders summoned their shields and pushed forward with the rangers behind. 

 

The shielders were attacked by a hail of fire arrows but they pushed forward and escaped the fatal funnel letting the rest of the troops in. 

 

The army burst through the doorway with the shielders' protection readying to face the threat ahead. 

 

What they saw was unbelievable. 

 

An army of twenty goblins all riding giant black wolves.  The goblins all wore heavy metal armor. The majority had bone white spears and metal shields while others had bows and a few only had staffs. 

 

Even the wolves they rode had a white bone-like armor on their body that covered their heads, hide and limbs. 

 

The captain, being among the last to enter looked at one of the goblins and scoffed.

 

 Name: -

Race: Goblin 

Title: Goblin Rider

Level: 15

Hp: 350/350

Mana: -

Skill Points: 30/30

Strength: 50

Speed: 60

Dexterity: 20

Intelligence: 10

 

Skills

[Superior Agility]

[Advance Healing Factor]

[Berserk]

[Sixth sense]

 

“...Just some ordinary goblins… I would say just slightly evolved…” Cassandra gauged the strength of the goblins but found nothing noteworthy. She looked at the white wolves that they rode just to be careful. 

 

Name: -

Race: White wolf

Title: Goblin Wolf

Level: 15

Hp: 400/400

Mana: -

Skill Points: 25/25

Strength: 60

Speed: 80

Dexterity: 25

Intelligence: 5

 

Skills

[Superior Agility]

[Advance Healing Factor]

[Berserk]

[Sixth sense]

 

Once again the wolves they rode weren’t anything special. Cassandra racked her brain trying to understand. 

 

Why would the Boss choose now to attack?

 

Cassandra observed the enemy from head to toe and then realized something strange. 

 

“Well that’s strange… those armor pieces… they are ours.” 

 

Cassandra realized the goblins were wearing the same armor as her troops but that wasn’t improbable. Afterall a lot more than twenty soldiers had died up until now and they had left some armor behind expecting to recollect them on their way out. 

 

Cassandra, not being able to understand the reason, shouted her orders regardless. 

 

“Attack!!!” 

 

Filled with mad fervor, the army of just over seventy men rushed towards the group of only twenty mounted goblins. 

 

The goblins returned the favor and rushed forward atop their wolves. The front row of goblins raised their hands and a blob of acid fired out at the storming troops. 

 

The shielders raised magic barriers and earth shields to stop the attack but almost immediately afterwards the shields were hit with fireballs. 

 

The acid acted like an accelerant and intensified the destructive nature of the fireball. The soldiers on the other side of the shield felt the sting of heat and some returned fire. 

 

The rangers fired arrows while the mages fired earth and fire spells. 

 

The goblins, not slowing down continued. In Front the storming goblins a few earth shields appeared and block the arrows along with fire and earth spells. 

 

Seeing this Cassandra was dumbfounded. 

 

“How are they?!”

 

Then she realized.

 

“It must be the equipment!”

 

When she spoke she felt an eerie and ominous mana cackling beside her, it was the commander. 

 

“Not only does he rob the graves of the fallen, but he steals their souls and trap them in their own armor just to use them to kill their own comrades.”

 

Commander Donald realizing the ungodly deeds of this dungeon boss slipped back into his rage and revitalized his abhorrent nature towards the dungeon boss. 

 

“You shall bear the pain of a thousand deaths! I swear this on my name as a knight!”

 

Commander Donald furiously gripped his sword and jumped towards the charging goblins.

Announcement
SUPPORT " Reborn from the Dungeon" at 

Patron/Brightshadowwork

or 

Donate at Paypal 

9